• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers are just figuring out their cap now and not 12 months ago - they truly are incompetent. I understand some decisions might change over time. For instance - Hopkins got hurt, Dicker the kicker came on and all of the sudden, Hopkins will probably be released or traded. But I would think - a team should be looking at their cap in 3 to 5 year time frames and knowing the basic moves they would need to make to get under the cap.

And for the Chargers - its all about Mack, Bosa and Allen - they have the numbers to move the cap.
    Teams should always have 3 deep, 3 year roster projections to properly prepare for the future. Both to keep positions properly stocked and to make cap projections.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Could be a variety of reasons. Lack of confidence in his WRs. They may not have been where they were supposed to be, so he didn't see them. Regardless
      Herbert definitely needs some coaching up and maturing before he reaches the next level. This is where the Chargers messed up. Should have brought in
      an experienced offensive minded HC. Staley may end up being a great HC, but he's really a HC in training and at this time doesn't offer Herbert much.
      Better get the OC and QB coach right this time.
      Some of the plays Warner highlights, the deep route isnt open. Some of the plays herbie is getting pressure pretty fast. Some where it looks like the receiver is open vs the CB, there’s a Safety lurking over the top. Some were legit available shots but a lot less than he implies. He basically says any time a receiver runs more than 10 yards it’s a “deep shot” and was there for Herbie to take. Not so. I’ll give him partial credit but he didnt earn an A here as he pulls up way short in diagnosing if a play is really there downfield and Herbie had a chance to make it.

No QB identifies and throws to every available deep shot. Generally the longer the shot the lower the odds, game situation sometimes dictates getting a first down. Coverage dictates. Pressure dictates.

That said - Lombo’s routes don’t seem to be fooling DBs much and sometimes he runs more than one receiver into an area/zone, amplifying available defenders - I’m not talking about the one rub play where it was intentional. one other thing jumped out at me is lack of elite speed for downfield advantages.

The cure is get Herbie MORE SPEED and a better run game to keep defenses more honest
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Teams should always have 3 deep, 3 year roster projections to properly prepare for the future. Both to keep positions properly stocked and to make cap projections.
        I’m sure they do. Then injuries, underachieving draft picks, poor coaching, etc happens.

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Watching this Eagles/Niners game, it hurts knowing that even if Staley turns it around and everything breaks our way to the tune of a #1 seed, we'll never have a raucous home field advantage like the Eagles have in this game. It will always be a little bit harder for us to make deep playoff runs because of it. Apparently there are rumblings that the championship games will inevitably be held at neutral sites, I hate the idea as a fan but it honestly might help us specifically in the long run.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            Watching this Eagles/Niners game, it hurts knowing that even if Staley turns it around and everything breaks our way to the tune of a #1 seed, we'll never have a raucous home field advantage like the Eagles have in this game. It will always be a little bit harder for us to make deep playoff runs because of it. Apparently there are rumblings that the championship games will inevitably be held at neutral sites, I hate the idea as a fan but it honestly might help us specifically in the long run.
            But we’re already a neutral site lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

But we’re already a neutral site lol.
              We’ve made alot of progress since the days of rabid stadium opposition to our team. Kudos to the phenomenal Charger Maketeers - #winlatickets!

Comment

• lightsout42
                Hire a winning coach
                • Oct 2019
                • Send PM

I’m watching the Eagles and thinking, “I wonder what it’s like to have a competent team of GM, scouts, coaches, and players all executing at a high level.”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post
                  I’m watching the Eagles and thinking, “I wonder what it’s like to have a competent team of GM, scouts, coaches, and players all executing at a high level.”
                  Are all Bills and 49er fans thinking the same thing? Asking for a friend …

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Are all Bills and 49er fans thinking the same thing? Asking for a friend …
                    Being a perennial playoff team probably not.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Refs cheat, fans are mean, and can we just trade Joey to the Raiders already?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Being a perennial playoff team probably not.
                        That makes getting curb stomped every year and embarrassed in the playoffs easier? Huh.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That makes getting curb stomped every year and embarrassed in the playoffs easier? Huh.
                          Hell yes.Better than what we've been subjected to especially the way our team got Historically embarrassed in a one n done after a 4 year drought.

Comment

Working...
                          X