• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
    Chargers aren’t smart enough to pay to win SB. Heck, they spend to much money on Injury prone players.
    They paid to rent a Lombardi for the past 2 years. Don't be ungrateful.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Former Chargers assistant coaches.. Siranni and Steichen are heading to the Super Bowl. Sirianni gave up play calling duties to Steichen, which has been instrumental in the success of the Eagles the past couple of seasons now. Hurts is limited in my opinion as a downfield thrower, but the Eagles are still very able to utilize what Hurts does well.

I am thinking it’s got to be apparent now that both Steichen and Pep had a bit to do with Herbert’s historic rookie season, along with some nice offensive pieces that worked well with Herbert also, even if the offensive line was as dreadful. I am truly hopeful that the Chargers make a solid hire at OC and passing coordinator for Herbert’s sake mostly. I’m kinda of curious if Staley is not successful next season, do the Chargers select yet another offensive coordinator for Herbert??

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Kellen Moore is the new OC.

Chargers expected to hire ex-Cowboys OC Kellen Moore as new offensive coordinator (nfl.com)

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
          Former Chargers assistant coaches.. Siranni and Steichen are heading to the Super Bowl. Sirianni gave up play calling duties to Steichen, which has been instrumental in the success of the Eagles the past couple of seasons now. Hurts is limited in my opinion as a downfield thrower, but the Eagles are still very able to utilize what Hurts does well.

I am thinking it’s got to be apparent now that both Steichen and Pep had a bit to do with Herbert’s historic rookie season, along with some nice offensive pieces that worked well with Herbert also, even if the offensive line was as dreadful. I am truly hopeful that the Chargers make a solid hire at OC and passing coordinator for Herbert’s sake mostly. I’m kinda of curious if Staley is not successful next season, do the Chargers select yet another offensive coordinator for Herbert??
          The problem with this take is that Herbert's numbers in almost every category improved in his second year under Lombardi over what he did under Steichen, so Lombardi wasn't all that bad last year. Of course you could argue that Herbert improved in spite of, not because of, Lombardi last year. I am ready for the change and look forward to even better production out of Herbert.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I am thinking it’s got to be apparent now that both Steichen and Pep had a bit to do with Herbert’s historic rookie season, along with some nice offensive pieces that worked well with Herbert also, even if the offensive line was as dreadful. I am truly hopeful that the Chargers make a solid hire at OC and passing coordinator for Herbert’s sake mostly. I’m kinda of curious if Staley is not successful next season, do the Chargers select yet another offensive coordinator for Herbert???
            Why ask that? Staley's Chargers have improved Ws every year.
            With a better OC , one or more playoff wins is expected.
            Staley let Lombardi go due to poor run offense,3rd qtr play and red zone scoring.

ps: Moore looks like a great fit.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The problem with this take is that Herbert's numbers in almost every category improved in his second year under Lombardi over what he did under Steichen, so Lombardi wasn't all that bad last year. Of course you could argue that Herbert improved in spite of, not because of, Lombardi last year. I am ready for the change and look forward to even better production out of Herbert.
              I liked Lombardi too, so please don’t misunderstand. Steichen did what he did with a poor offensive line unit. That part sticks out most to me. Rookie QB with one of the poorest offensive line performances I can remember is usually not a good recipe for success. Even now, I am not sure if any members from that group did well afterwards, outside of Pippen.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm looking for PPG We were a warm average. Also avg or better at run offense. We were close to last.
                Herbert's season QBR:
                2020 98.3
                2021 97.7
                2022 93.7

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

I liked Lombardi too, so please don’t misunderstand. Steichen did what he did with a poor offensive line unit. That part sticks out most to me. Rookie QB with one of the poorest offensive line performances I can remember is usually not a good recipe for success. Even now, I am not sure if any members from that group did well afterwards, outside of Pippen.
                  Most of that OL are backups or out of the league. Sam Tevi is unsigned, Forrest Lamp is unsigned, Dan Feeney is a backup guard/center on that shitty Jets OL, Trai Turner got benched last year by the Commanders and was relegated to backup for several games before they had to start him again, and Bulaga is retired and out of the league I assume now.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Why ask that? Staley's Chargers have improved Ws every year.
                    With a better OC , one or more playoff wins is expected.
                    Staley let Lombardi go due to poor run offense,3rd qtr play and red zone scoring.

ps: Moore looks like a great fit.
                    One W. Plus one more loss in the POs. Call that flat line.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

One W. Plus one more loss in the POs. Call that flat line.

Flat is 10-7 & WC L.
                      I see 11-6 with a playoff W as the minimum.
                      I'm confident Herbert + Moore is an upward progression.
                      I'm confident that Staley will improve the D. How much remains to be seen. Better though.
                      I'm looking forward to '23. Big time (as usual).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Flat is 10-7 & WC L.
                        I see 11-6 with a playoff W as the minimum.
                        I'm confident Herbert + Moore is an upward progression.
                        I'm confident that Staley will improve the D. How much remains to be seen. Better though.
                        I'm looking forward to '23. Big time (as usual).
                        13-4 - win the Division

Just have to see what happens this offseason
                        Like you - will be fun to see free agency, the draft and come August, ramp it up

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Man, if we don’t improve the Ws…heads should roll.

Comment

Working...
                          X