• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

i would gladly suffer through 3-14 seasons in 2026-2029 if the 3 previous lead to superbowls

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
      i would gladly suffer through 3-14 seasons in 2026-2029 if the 3 previous lead to superbowls
      I would make that deal with the proverbial football devil too. I'm old, I need a ring(s) soon!!!!!

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Trivia Time.

Name the all QBs the Chargers have drafted who earned All Pro honors - either with the Chargers or another team - at some point in their careers.

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
          Thought this was interesting enough to post on the forum. Pretty much what we've been thinking all along without all the homerisms...

We shouldn't be mentioned among the Elites until we get a legit HC. I'm so upset looking at that picto graphic and seeing a broken rib Herbert easily putting up 4700+ pass and 25TDs. If he were healthy and we had a OC that wasnt so bad we would be in AFC championship.
          The only thing I like Lawerence more than Justin is his ad-libbing on runs and passes outside the pocket. Herbert is still best in the pocket QB in NFL imo amd heading in the right direction just needs a legitmate HC and not a division 3 HC

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If the Saints can do it, so can we. 60 mil over and signed Carr and Winston, plus others, didn't ask Hill, Kamara or Thomas to take a cut. Maybe go study them!

It's not dire and won't require a fire sale during the season.
            I probably have studied the caps of other teams more than anybody on this board. Including the Saints. Do not speak of which you do not know. The record shows its not working for the Saints since Brees left.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I probably have studied the caps of other teams more than anybody on this board. Including the Saints. Do not speak of which you do not know. The record shows its not working for the Saints since Brees left.
              Ok its not working that they are a great team but they have managed the cap and have a pretty decent team.
              They haven't had a QB since Brees left. You aren't winning with Winston, Dalton and Hill at QB.

Carr is actually an upgrade. It's not like I don't know about the cap, I'm quite familiar with it.

I do know they got rid of a seemingly awful cap situation and do it all the time.

You do study the cap but you are also over the top with it thinking we need to cut this guy and shouldn't restructure that guy....and they(Chargers) do the opposite of what you think everytime lol.

I think they know what they are doing and can be more creative. Other teams do it.

The Rams fucked themselves by trading all their picks and taking high cap hits.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-25-2023, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

We shouldn't be mentioned among the Elites until we get a legit HC. I'm so upset looking at that picto graphic and seeing a broken rib Herbert easily putting up 4700+ pass and 25TDs. If he were healthy and we had a OC that wasnt so bad we would be in AFC championship.
                The only thing I like Lawerence more than Justin is his ad-libbing on runs and passes outside the pocket. Herbert is still best in the pocket QB in NFL imo amd heading in the right direction just needs a legitmate HC and not a division 3 HC
                It's more fun kicking The Obese Lord's ass with a so-called D3 HC.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                  i would gladly suffer through 3-14 seasons in 2026-2029 if the ONE (3) previous led to a superbowl
                  There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Trivia Time.

Name the all QBs the Chargers have drafted who earned All Pro honors - either with the Chargers or another team - at some point in their careers.
                    Fouts, Brees, Hadl were All Pros..... Brees with Nawlins & Hadl with the Rams.

PR never made All Pro, and Herbert not yet.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Fouts, Brees, Hadl were All Pros..... Brees with Nawlins & Hadl with the Rams.

PR never made All Pro, and Herbert not yet.
                      It was a trick question because Billy Kilmer was All Pro twice, and he was drafted by the Chargers in 1961. But he decided to sign with the NFL team that drafted him - the 49ers. Kilmer was drafted out UCLA as a halfback/quarterback and the 49ers used him as an RB who could also throw early in his career. But he had his greatest success as a pure QB for Washington later in his career. In 1972 at age 33 he led the league in pass TDs with 19.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Trent Green SB Champ & 2 X Pro Bowl

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I think the bigger issue than the rib cartlige (which was never going to heal during the season) was the week 16 left shoulder injury that turned out to be more serious than we thought.
                          forget about the folly playing Williams and Allen in week 17, what about playing HERBERT with a fresh shoulder injury, thats straight dumb, I expected better from Staley.
                          I defend staley in just about every other circumstance, but common, you have to be as wise as you are smart.
                          Herbert represents limitless ability, he will execute any and everything he is coached to do.
                          Daboll working miracles with Jones
                          Pederson with Lawrence ....

I'll keep it positive, Staley has much to prove and if he is wise enough, he wont repeat the few costly mistakes.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X