Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

The Mack signing is like the Chargers gave U. Nwosu + a second for him !
    It's a bit pricey if you look at that way.
    It's also the wrong way to look at it.
    Nwosu was released, he was not a part of the trade with the Bears.

The trade was simply a second for Mack and I think he's worth the second just because he sets an edge when teams try to run that way. On top of that, he gets a few sacks and hurries.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

He can't do any worse...

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Who would be on your "Staley Guy" list?
        Ya basically what Jolt said. There was all this talk about potentially signing JJ3 at the start of FA.
        Floyd was another. While these may end up proving to be quality signings, I'm glad we didn't jump the line to throw money at them.
        as always, glad for now.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

I know Nwosu was released. It's from that moment the Chargers need to go after Mack and spent a 2nd.
          The Chargers keep Nwosu and they keep that 2nd.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            I know Nwosu was released. It's from that moment the Chargers need to go after Mack and spent a 2nd.
            The Chargers keep Nwosu and they keep that 2nd.
            Not released. When you said that I thought he was available and Seattle had cut him lol.

Anyways, can’t be released if it was your last contract year.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I like Mack a lot, but fully expected him to only be here for a couple of years before we'd cut him for age/cap reasons. Would we have better off resigning Nwosu and keeping the second? In the long run, certainly. But I understood the calculated gamble on going all in last year. It didn't work but at least the FO tried - something people critiqued them for not doing in previous years.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Ultimately, the key to Kellen Moore's success with the Chargers may rest significantly on his ability to find ways to use each player in ways that allow each guy to do what he does best.

Was Horvath implemented optimally last year? Pffffft! No! I doubt that McKitty was, either. If Moore is the guy we've been told he is, he'll do a better job of getting more out of the talent that was already here.

Allow me to create another example off the top of my head as a 'for instance': I'd like to think that Moore can scheme some things to capitalize on Josh Palmer's skill set. I see Palmer as Mike Williams' slightly smaller kid brother. He plays very physically, and I'm hoping Moore designs some route trees that can force defenses to cover him with smaller and/or less physical DBs. Likewise with Donald Parham-- can Moore design mismatches that would allow Parham elbow room, in space? With any momentum in the open field, Parham trucks defenders, and, again, Moore has a role in setting the stage for this to happen.

Is it unrealistic to think that Moore will find ways to capitalize on the specific talents of some of his O-lineman? Why would you *NOT* craft a running attack that was based on deploying the trio of Slater-Zion-Linsley as Sherman tanks for the running backs to follow, and cut off of?

Bottom Line-- if Kellen Moore is the coordinator he's been touted to be, he could be as important an offseason acquisition for the team as any of its Day 1 or Day 2 draft selections.
                  I agree with the sentiment, maybe I find Palmer to be a poor example. He got 72 RECs for 770 yards, its not like he wasnt used last year. Parham, I think is underutilized when he is in the game, but most of his problem is unavailability. An OC can't get the ball to a player in the ice tub. it'll get cold and wet.

I don't think of Slater-Zion as sherman tanks, huh. interesting. Zion did not seem to take well to RG, I hope his return to his more natural LG combined with a full year under his belt and a much better OC will cause him to fully bloom.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

McKitty was not good last year
                    Parham - injury concern

Probably right about a signing before capas they have Kampmoyer and the UCLA UDFA. Buit an Eric Tomlinson or Swaim for the Vet Minimum like Williams wouldn't be the worst thing
                    I don't disagree with either of those. my spidey senses are just saying they are satisfied with their secondary TEs, they aren't going to spend for a #1 TE. but its just my guess.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's also the wrong way to look at it.
                      Nwosu was released, he was not a part of the trade with the Bears.

The trade was simply a second for Mack and I think he's worth the second just because he sets an edge when teams try to run that way. On top of that, he gets a few sacks and hurries.
                      I think it's most accurate to say that when Nwosu's contract expired, the Chargers elected *not* to make a run to re-sign him. He was eligible to work out a deal with whomever he wanted to, and ultimately signed with Seattle.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Joey looks mean n lean.
                        He's been workin' it.
                        Looks like he's been to Sports Clips too
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Joey looks mean n lean.
                          He's been workin' it.
                          Looks like he's been to Sports Clips too
                          I think he understands the importance of this season's influence on his overall legacy and how he will be remembered by Charger fans and non C fans alike.
                          will he be known as the ape who lost it in an all time embarrassing playoff loss?
                          Or the guy who rebounded from that incident and worked his way into a career year capped off with a championship?
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X