• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I've noticed the teams that usually always win and ultimately play in the superbowl usually always have good coaching and good depth first with a Franchise QB or a QB that doesn't lose games for you. We have the franchise QB but have not had good coaching and depth, to this point. The results have been no playoffs year 1 and one and done year 2... We'll see if this draft has been enough to get us a the very least a playoff win in addressing depth, but our coaching last season was only good enough to beat 1 team with a winning record. I really believe TT needs to do something with bringing in a few more vet players that are out there to give us better depth. Cook or Floyd, could be good signings. BS' first year resulted in no playoffs, do you blame injures for missing the playoffs year 1 under BS? His first 2 seasons here have been pretty similar!
    2021 : Staley don't go for it on 4th down deep in his zone = Playoff
    2022 : Staley sits MW against DEN : No way JAX win that wild card game

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I'm inclined to agree with you (on both). Let's hope the major 'learning experiences' are behind Staley, and he only makes little mistakes from here on out . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        https://twitter.com/ZoneTracks/statu...brandon-staley

The NFLPA
        may have done us a favor with that survey. We replaced head trainer Mitchell shortly after the results became known.
        These types of surveys tend to be much more positive for the clubs with new (or newer) facilities. I expect the Chargers ratings to go up significantly when their new training facility is complete.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

49ers played with a “backup” qb until they had to play an inferior backup QB and then they got beat like a drum in embarrassing fashion. It was a slaughter - despite them still having the same coach. Credit them for picking the most relevant Mr Irrelevant in league history.

if we lose all of our best players again, they yeah we’ll have problems again. Let’s just assume we won’t have so many stars all injured at the same time in 2023. After all, it’s the year of the ….Flipping Brent Weinbach GIF by Eternal Family
          Yep... Just as important let's hope this draft gives us much better depth, and we can actually run the ball when we have to with our new OC! There are for sure some positives going into this season however Staley is going to have to be a good HC this season and not make as many bad calls and figure out how to address whats not working! Have to go into this season positively but it looks like this years schedule will give us a good idea if we really have the right stuff, at this point no one knows for sure. .. In regard to the 49ers they have a good HC and they have good depth. They were able to get a first round playoff win based on these two factors.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

How have I miased that we fired Damon Mitchell ? Who a person hired into his place ?

He was with us 20+ seasons maybe it will be a year with less injuries....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Yep... Just as important let's hope this draft gives us much better depth, and we can actually run the ball when we have to with our new OC! There are for sure some positives going into this season however Staley is going to have to be a good HC this season and not make as many bad calls and figure out how to address whats not working! Have to go into this season positively but it looks like this years schedule will give us a good idea if we really have the right stuff, at this point no one knows for sure. .. In regard to the 49ers they have a good HC and they have good depth. They were able to get a first round playoff win based on these two factors.
              49ers are a good team, arguably the best front 7 in defense. They have a better D than LAC had even with our stars healthy, i think.

Shanny runs a system of short WC crossing and dump routes that by design expects less from the QB. So he can get by with less talent at QB, but only to a point and only if the defense is dominating and they don’t need a lot of points. But a level of QB play is needed, Mr Irrelevant surprised everyone that he could instantly play NFL level and save their season, but that wasn’t because Shannahan is magic, it’s because Purdy was (to a degree). When he got hurt - next guy up was a turd and 49ers folded like a cheap lawn chair in a tornado. They got brutalized.

one first round win is one small win more than who gives a fuck. Jmo - way too much value on optics and dick-measuring goes on around here.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

49ers are a good team, arguably the best front 7 in defense. They have a better D than LAC had even with our stars healthy, i think.

Shanny runs a system of short WC crossing and dump routes that by design expects less from the QB. So he can get by with less talent at QB, but only to a point and only if the defense is dominating and they don’t need a lot of points. But a level of QB play is needed, Mr Irrelevant surprised everyone that he could instantly play NFL level and save their season, but that wasn’t because Shannahan is magic, it’s because Purdy was (to a degree). When he got hurt - next guy up was a turd and 49ers folded like a cheap lawn chair in a tornado. They got brutalized.

one first round win is one small win more than who gives a fuck. Jmo - way too much value on optics and dick-measuring goes on around here.
                The point is not the 49ers. Screw the 49ers. Their last season was just used as an example of having good depth and decent coaching should at least give you a good record and at the very least win a game in the playoffs, as opposed to barley squeaking into the playoffs after beating only 1 team with a winning record. Everything can be decided with the Chargers this season and they can finally turn the corner if they come out and at the very least make the playoffs and at least garner 1 playoff win. That would show progression with this team and HC, in failing that it would be hard to justify staying with this HC and GM another season. #1 I want the Chargers to succeed, but I'm tired of hearing about excuses with this HC, players and team, and after the excuses trying to brag on how great we are and people coming out and saying preseason the Chargers are going to win the superbowl, the Chargers are going to surprise a lot of people this year. We hear this season after season and its always the same ol same ol. Can we once and for all come out and dominate some teams with good play coupled with good coaching? Can we?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

The point is not the 49ers. Screw the 49ers. Their last season was just used as an example of having good depth and decent coaching should at least give you a good record and at the very least win a game in the playoffs, as opposed to barley squeaking into the playoffs after beating only 1 team with a winning record. Everything can be decided with the Chargers this season and they can finally turn the corner if they come out and at the very least make the playoffs and at least garner 1 playoff win. That would show progression with this team and HC, in failing that it would be hard to justify staying with this HC and GM another season. #1 I want the Chargers to succeed, but I'm tired of hearing about excuses with this HC, players and team, and after the excuses trying to brag on how great we are and people coming out and saying preseason the Chargers are going to win the superbowl, the Chargers are going to surprise a lot of people this year. We hear this season after season and its always the same ol same ol. Can we once and for all come out and dominate some teams with good play coupled with good coaching? Can we?
                  Preach!

Enough. Put up or Shut up - show on the field. Hence, I am keeping my glass slighly above half full . I think there are some reasons for optimism but prove it on the field

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

2022 weeks 14-17, we dominated.
                    IMO 2023 success depends on player health. Say what you want about depth, no team is 2 deep in top starters at every position. We improved but it'll never be perfect. Some luck is required. We've tried to stack the deck more in our favor with health & fitness trainers & staff.
                    Herbert is a top QB. He's healthy, experienced, has the best OC and QB coaches of his career, a talented OL group, very talented and deep WRs, a too RB, good TEs. Herbert has been a record setting QB in passing yards. We're aiming directly at points on the scoreboard this year. @30 PPG avg.
                    On D we improved health, staff, depth, added Kendricks, field leader of the green dot. It may be a personal thing but I'm dying to see our starting front seven vs Mia. They should be dominant. We kicked their ass with less last year. DB depth- we're young. May see a late vet add.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                      How have I miased that we fired Damon Mitchell ? Who a person hired into his place ?

He was with us 20+ seasons maybe it will be a year with less injuries....
                      I think it's Anthony Lomando from Broncos. May not be one for one with new assistants.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

yes, this year we can. Its the year of the ...
                        Nick Jonas Flip GIF by NBC
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

And don't forget Staley's inexplicable timeout call vs. the Raiders in January, 2022, to help the Raiders win the game and go to the playoffs:

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/...iders%2F590135

Comment

Working...
                          X