• Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

my top offseason moves:
    1. Firing Lombo
    2. Hiring Moore
    3. Kendricks
    4. Handling of the Ekeler situation
    5. Having the vision to draft Q over others most of us wanted.
    6. Switching Zion to LG and Salyer to RG
    7. Changing DCs
    8. Re-signing Pipkins (Fox, Parham, guyton)
    9. Not shelling out stupid money for more "staley guys"
    Who would be on your "Staley Guy" list?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

JJ3 I assume is one. I don't want him either. Floyd another.

But just because they played for Staley doesn't mean he wants them all. He went out and got Mack,...made a rare trade for him.

I don't see him banging down JJ3s door. Floyd signed elsewhere. They had 2 chances to sign him and didn't either time for whatever reason.

If Staley gets canned and ends up a DC elsewhere and Murray is available, you think their fans would want them to sign Murray because he is a Staley guy?
      I'd think Staley would pass.
      Tranquill had a green dot, we didn't resign him.

Just got to trust the plan and assessment of players that are here instead of assuming they can't play well enough.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I think there is a benefit of getting a “Staley Guy”. At least he already knows what to expect and the character. If you get someone random then there is a possibility you’ll get a Gaither. I think Mack and KVN signing worked out. Looks like we will see fruition of the JC signing this year.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But just because they played for Staley doesn't mean he wants them all. He went out and got Mack,...made a rare trade for him.

I don't see him banging down JJ3s door. Floyd signed elsewhere. They had 2 chances to sign him and didn't either time for whatever reason.

Just got to trust the plan and assessment of players that are here instead of assuming they can't play well enough.
          Just as an aside, I still believe the Mack signing was good strategy. The idea always was to bookend him with Bosa, which in theory could've created one of the most deadly pass rush combos in the league. Couldn't anticipate Bosa missing the year essentially with injury. Mack by himself was not what they were anticipating. Now Bosa is healed physically so in theory the monster edge rush they were anticipating will be intact on opening day. Not sure however if Bosa is healed psychologically sufficiently to play to his full physical ability.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

McKitty is our blocking TE. Parham, ironically, blocked a lot better but didn’t play nearly enough. I doubt any change in the current group, we’ll see.
            McKitty was not good last year
            Parham - injury concern

Probably right about a signing before capas they have Kampmoyer and the UCLA UDFA. Buit an Eric Tomlinson or Swaim for the Vet Minimum like Williams wouldn't be the worst thing

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Staley gets canned and ends up a DC elsewhere and Murray is available, you think their fans would want them to sign Murray because he is a Staley guy?
              I'd think Staley would pass.
              Tranquill had a green dot, we didn't resign him.

BLASPHEMY! PB style.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

McKitty was not good last year
                Parham - injury concern

Probably right about a signing before capas they have Kampmoyer and the UCLA UDFA. Buit an Eric Tomlinson or Swaim for the Vet Minimum like Williams wouldn't be the worst thing
                Not all coaches are the same. Our offense is under a new regime of training, game planning and play calling. I think the TE room is OK for now and may surprise us in a good way. I'm "wait & see "on TE

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I have little hope for McKitty. Parham could be a real asset if he could stay healthy, but I haven't seen any signs that Parham can stay healthy. I know that Moore ran a lot of 12 at Dallas and I know Herbert likes to throw to the TEs so I still wish we had nabbed a TE in the draft. Perhaps Kampmoyer is ready to step in? He was a pretty frequent target of Herberts at Oregon but injuries forced him out of several games so he came to us with very little experience.
                  O like Everett a lot but I do think they need a reliable #2 behind him.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Ya basically what Jolt said. There was all this talk about potentially signing JJ3 at the start of FA.
                    Floyd was another. While these may end up proving to be quality signings, I'm glad we didn't jump the line to throw money at them.
                    as always, glad for now.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

My TE hopes lie with Moore's ability to develop & utilize talent available. I'm strongly impressed with his experience at QB and his work as OC in Dallas.
                      The Bum Phillips quote about Bear Bryant comes to mind. "He can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n".
                      I think Kellen can Coach. We'll see.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Just as an aside, I still believe the Mack signing was good strategy. The idea always was to bookend him with Bosa, which in theory could've created one of the most deadly pass rush combos in the league. Couldn't anticipate Bosa missing the year essentially with injury. Mack by himself was not what they were anticipating. Now Bosa is healed physically so in theory the monster edge rush they were anticipating will be intact on opening day. Not sure however if Bosa is healed psychologically sufficiently to play to his full physical ability.
                        The Mack signing is like the Chargers gave U. Nwosu + a second for him !
                        It's a bit pricey if you look at that way.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Our final hire. Let’s see how it goes:

Comment

Working...
                          X