• Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Joey looks mean n lean.
    He's been workin' it.
    Looks like he's been to Sports Clips too
    Does Duke have a summer fun camp for D-line players?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Does Duke have a summer fun camp for D-line players?
      LOL.
      A DL version of OL Masterminds haa been born.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think he understands the importance of this season's influence on his overall legacy and how he will be remembered by Charger fans and non C fans alike.
        will he be known as the ape who lost it in an all time embarrassing playoff loss?
        Or the guy who rebounded from that incident and worked his way into a career year capped off with a championship?
        Its the Miyagi Dojo training program, I already talked about it. This is a WAX ON year.

and yeah, I agree with you - he does not want to be remembered as that dude.

Karate Kid Wax On Wax Off GIF by Filmin
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

@jbbigbear trusts the science.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

J.C. Jackson on lost time with Chargers: ‘I still gotta prove ... I’m still Mr. INT’

Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson is taken by cart off the field after injuring his knee against the Seattle Seahawks in October.
              (Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times)

BY JEFF MILLER
              STAFF WRITERFOLLOW
              JUNE 13, 2023 4:51 PM PT

J.C. Jackson said Tuesday he hopes to be ready for the start of Chargers training camp as he continues to work his way back from a ruptured patellar tendon.

And that’s not all the veteran cornerback said. Jackson explained in blunt terms how rough the 2022 season was for him.

“I felt like [expletive],” he explained. “I hadn’t done anything. Got hurt. And I just got paid. I mean, I still gotta prove to my teammates and to myself that I’m still ‘Mr. INT.’ I didn’t do [expletive] last year.”

Jackson was the Chargers’ biggest free-agent signing in March 2022 when he received a five-year deal that guaranteed him $40 million and was worth up to $82.5 million.

ADVERTISING

But he missed the start of the season after having a surgical procedure on his right ankle in August to address a pre-existing issue that was causing him discomfort.
              COSTA MESA, CA - JULY 28: Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson (27), at LA Chargers training camp at Jack R. Hammett Sports Complex on Thursday, July 28, 2022 in Costa Mesa, CA. (Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)
              CHARGERS Chargers explain why J.C. Jackson said he needed ankle surgery now

Aug. 24, 2022

After returning in Week 2, Jackson sat out the Chargers’ next game before coming back to start the next four games. But in Week 6 against Denver, he struggled so badly that he was benched.

A week later, Jackson tore the patellar tendon in his right knee against Seattle late in the first half. He had surgery — performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache — and missed the remainder of the season.

Jackson said he was given a seven- to eight-month recovery timeline, that window arriving as the Chargers conducted the first of two days of minicamp in Costa Mesa.

“I’m right on track,” Jackson said.

He said he is scheduled to meet with ElAttrache on Monday with the hope of being medically cleared before the Chargers begin training camp at the end of July.
              Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson wasn’t on the field long in the 2022 season. He injured his knee in October.
              (Kyusung Gong / Associated Press)

“I’m expecting to come out here and practice every day,” Jackson said. “That’s how I’m taking it. I’m going to be ready for training camp. I’m going to be ready for Week 1. … Whenever the doctor says I’m clear, I’m going to be ready.”

To this point, Jackson’s on-field work has been limited to individual drills conducted under the supervision of team trainers.

Given the difficulty he experienced transitioning after four seasons with New England, Jackson said the forced downtime has allowed him to establish a better understanding of coach Brandon Staley’s system.

Along with his rehabilitation, Jackson said he has been meeting with coaches and breaking down film throughout the offseason “so it can slow down for me this year.”

“It gave me time to learn the system, to get to know my players, to be around the facility more,” he said. “That’s what I’ve been doing with this time. It’s going to help me a lot this year.”
              Los Angeles Chargers defensive tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day (69) in an NFL football game Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023, in Denver. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
              CHARGERS Sebastian Joseph-Day says Chemistry II will put Chargers’ defense in better class

May 15, 2023

During his time with the Patriots, Jackson led the NFL with 25 interceptions and earned the reputation of being capable to cover the NFL’s top wide receivers one-on-one.

He finished with zero interceptions, however, and only two passes knocked away in his five games in 2022.

“Fundamentally, we’re asking him to do the things that he’s done his whole career,” Staley said. “I think it’s just getting that comfort zone of being around the guys that you play with. It’s not an individual sport.

“I think that people underestimate the transition for players because it’s much more challenging in football to transition to a new team. … I’m confident that in training camp, once he gets to working with his teammates, that he’ll be able to showcase the real player that he is.”

A healthy and better-equipped Jackson would give the Chargers the option of playing Asante Samuel Jr. inside, increasing the depth and versatility of their secondary. Ekeler back on field

Running back Austin Ekeler joined his teammates on the field for the first this offseason Tuesday for the start of mandatory minicamp. Ekeler, as has become his custom, previously worked out on his own.

Ekeler also recently was involved in a contract disagreement that was resolved when the Chargers’ added $1.75 million in incentives to his deal, which expires after this season.
              Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler claps as he warms up before an NFL wild-card football game
              CHARGERS Austin Ekeler and Chargers reach truce as he enters final year of contract

May 23, 2023

Wide receiver Mike Williams also was present after not being seen in recent weeks during the portions of practice open to the media.

Ekeler and Williams are scheduled to talk with the media Wednesday. Etc.

Among the Chargers who did not practice were receivers Quentin Johnston, Joshua Palmer and Jalen Guyton, who is coming off a season-ending knee injury. The injuries for Johnston and Palmer are undisclosed. ... Defensive linemen Austin Johnson and Otito Ogbonnia also did not practice as they continue to recover from knee injuries. ... The Chargers promoted associate athletic trainer Marco Zucconi to a newly established role: director of player health and performance. They hired Sal Lopez to be their new head athletic trainer. He had been an assistant with Tennessee.​

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

JCJ has NOT been twiddling this thumbs during the offseason
                We will ALL be celebrating Mr. INT this season.
                I'm so excited.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  JCJ has NOT been twiddling this thumbs during the offseason
                  We will ALL be celebrating Mr. INT this season.
                  I'm so excited.
                  I'll just say it's encouraging to know he has been working hard, apparently, to rehab and that he's determined to be ready for opening day. He has personal pride.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Can you imagine JC, DJ and JB all at 100% ?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      Can you imagine JC, DJ and JB all at 100% ?
                      I wonder how much his stupidly neglected ankle impacted his brief poor showing last year. I think it caused much of his problems, due to missed training, incomplete healing, etc. I love to see the self pride in the young man to not just take the money and coast but CARE to earn it. Joey working in OTAs (never before), JCJ fighting to prove he’s worthy … good things are coming …
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wonder how much his stupidly neglected ankle impacted his brief poor showing last year. I think it caused much of his problems, due to missed training, incomplete healing, etc. I love to see the self pride in the young man to not just take the money and coast but CARE to earn it. Joey working in OTAs (never before), JCJ fighting to prove he’s worthy … good things are coming …
                        The introduction of the new Athletic Trainer and new Director of Player Health and Performance may be key to keeping healthy this season. Too many damn injuries last season, and previous seasons; the old staff might have been scapegoated, but they have to do something to fix that mess.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
                          A DL version of OL Masterminds haa been born.
                          I think Duke should open up a franchise...a camp for O-Line, D-Line, RB's, WR's, DB's, LB's...heck even QB's and kickers...hire some retired NFL players to run the camps...all I ask is that Duke give me a 10% commission for the idea...

Comment

Working...
                          X