• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I think Denver improves with Payton (Wilson could hardly play worse), but the Raiders regress due to QB play, so our division strength should be similar to last year.
    Denver's offense being average would be a big step up from NFL worst. I agree, they should get off the floor.Their D was top 10. Hard to say about that.
    Den & LAR will be 3 -4 in AFCW.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Denver's offense being average would be a big step up from NFL worst. I agree, they should get off the floor.Their D was top 10. Hard to say about that.
      Den & LAR will be 3 -4 in AFCW.
      Fair assumption, but it should be noted that we lost to KC twice and split with Vegas and Denver last year. No guarantees that we'll be able to sweep either team next year. No matter the record or player personnel division games are never easy.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

I think Denver improves with Payton (Wilson could hardly play worse), but the Raiders regress due to QB play, so our division strength should be similar to last year.
        Carr has more talent than Jimmy G, BUT Jimmy G does not throw stupid interceptions. He's a fairly good game manager due to some of
        his limitations. So not sure if the Raiders will be better or worse off at QB. In any case division games are always difficult affairs and the
        Chargers don't particularly handle the Raiders very well, in fact ever since Marty left they've been a problem for us.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Carr has more talent than Jimmy G, BUT Jimmy G does not throw stupid interceptions. He's a fairly good game manager due to some of
          his limitations. So not sure if the Raiders will be better or worse off at QB. In any case division games are always difficult affairs and the
          Chargers don't particularly handle the Raiders very well, in fact ever since Marty left they've been a problem for us.
          You're not helping . . . . . I'm trying to be optimistic (or at least less pessimistic) :smh:

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Go ahead think Carr is better than Jimmy G. That’s obviously not what the Raiders think. They benched Carr in McDaniels first season as coach. Josh Jacobs is just what Jimmy needs.

no we don’t handle the raiders or Broncos very well. Not even talking about the Chiefs

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Fair assumption, but it should be noted that we lost to KC twice and split with Vegas and Denver last year. No guarantees that we'll be able to sweep either team next year. No matter the record or player personnel division games are never easy.
              I'd be surprised if it were easy. Barring widespread injuries again, we're the better team than Den or LVR. We.re due to take 2 with KC. Ir's always last minute, one score, Herbert Vs Mahomes. We're due. Moore has more (moore?) experience finishing drives with points than Lombardi and has a better QB, equal or better OL than he did in Dal.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Go ahead think Carr is better than Jimmy G. That’s obviously not what the Raiders think. They benched Carr in McDaniels first season as coach. Josh Jacobs is just what Jimmy needs.

no we don’t handle the raiders or Broncos very well. Not even talking about the Chiefs
                The other day David Carr said Derek and McDummy were butting heads and a reason why they benched him. Probably McDummys fault again. Jacobs hasn't exactly held his tongue either.

No way to know for sure but first chance Stidham had to leave, he signed elsewhere after 4 years with McDummy.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2023, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The other day David Carr said the Derek and McDummy were butting heads and a reason why they benched him. Probably McDummys fault again. Jacobs hasn't exactly held his tongue either.

No way to know for sure but first chance Stidham had to leave, he signed elsewhere after 4 years with McDummy.
                  I’m not about to defend McDaniels but Carr had 1 playoff appearance in his career. No wins

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Jimmy G’s issue is health. Sort of like our guys. But his career record is vastly superior to Carr. Denver has a proven HC now and if RE struggles they added Stidham. They will be better especially if Javonte Williams returns to form
                    So is Purdy’s. Jimmy G’s QB record is a function of the 49ers in that time span. I’ve watched him play many games, i don’t think he hs better than Carr but we sure will see.

We will see how the RW tragedy plays out and if Payton is a miracle worker. I agree Payton should make them better than 6-11, but how much? Tbd …
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

You're not helping . . . . . I'm trying to be optimistic (or at least less pessimistic) :smh:
                      Sorry I'm a realist. Seems like we lose 1 game each to the Raiders and Broncos every year, while at the same time always thinking
                      that we have the better team. Our bark seems to be more dangerous than our bite. Are we paper lions?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

I’m not about to defend McDaniels but Carr had 1 playoff appearance in his career. No wins
                        Raiders D collapses in the 2nd half. That's been their biggest problem. At the same time Carr makes bad decisions.
                        Jimmy G is a better game manager, very rarely makes bad decisions. That's where Jimmy outshines Carr.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

We always play the Chiefs tough. Talking about the Chiefs.

The game when the Broncos beat us, they just barely won, it took every ounce of them. The Raiders will be worse with Carr and Walker gone.​

while at the same time always thinking
                          that we have the better team. Our bark seems to be more dangerous than our bite. Are we paper lions?
                          You can blame this fanbase for that. Always boasting the talent of the team. And then there's some people who are just debbie downers.

Comment

Working...
                          X