• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    The schedule the AFC west plays this year is probably the toughest I've ever seen. Look at this schedule

Chargers Home Opponents:

AFC West: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Las Vegas Raiders

AFC East: Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins

NFC North: Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens

Chargers Road Opponents:

AFC East: New England Patriots and New York Jets

NFC North: Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

AFC South: Tennessee Titans

That's a brutal schedule, hoss. One could go 8-9 with that schedule and still be a pretty good football team.

It will take a big improvement over last years team to finish 9-8.
    That's fine and dandy however I don't want to hear fans defending and stating we should keep TT and Staley if we go 8-9! 8-9 would for sure be a step backwards from what the Chargers are saying today with their drafting and retaining players like Allen, Williams, Bosa, Mack, Ek ETC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

That's fine and dandy however I don't want to hear fans defending and stating we should keep TT and Staley if we go 8-9! 8-9 would for sure be a step backwards from what the Chargers are saying today with their drafting and retaining players like Allen, Williams, Bosa, Mack, Ek ETC.
      The Chargers were 10-7 and if they had needed to win against Denver, they might have been 11-6.. So thats kind of like a 10.5 win team. So improvement starts at 11 wins - doesn't matter the schedule. I agree - they made the decision to bring back a lot of players - so just have to go out and win games. I think the bar should be 12+

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

The schedule the AFC west plays this year is probably the toughest I've ever seen. Look at this schedule

Chargers Home Opponents:

AFC East: Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins

NFC North: Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens

Chargers Road Opponents:

AFC East: New England Patriots and New York Jets

NFC North: Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

AFC South: Tennessee Titans

That's a brutal schedule, hoss. One could go 8-9 with that schedule and still be a pretty good football team.

That doesn't look good!
        8 or 9 wins would be a reasonable goal for this bunch. And hopefully that's enough to get us into the Lombardi Tournament

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Pretty telling to ask these questions right after we had a draft. If things go south you and I will know why. Here's something it seems certain fans are missing the point on. TT and Staley for whatever reason believe we have the right stuff personnel wise to win a Championship. Therefore no excuses if we come up short in making the PO's.
          I think we need to not just make the playoffs but win at least a game. But let's be real - if we drafted a RB and TE at the expense of edge rusher and WR depth, people would complain too.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers were 10-7 and if they had needed to win against Denver, they might have been 11-6.. So thats kind of like a 10.5 win team. So improvement starts at 11 wins - doesn't matter the schedule. I agree - they made the decision to bring back a lot of players - so just have to go out and win games. I think the bar should be 12+
            Sorry but I think the schedule matters. 11- 6 is certainly possible, so is 8-9 or 9-8. It's going to depend on injuries, both ours and the other teams and a host of other
            factors.

Charger weak points at the moment appear to be @ safety, question marks at RB, TE and LB. Still some backup issues possible at O line, D line and CB as well.
            Certainly not a perfect team, but there is no such thing. So we just have to see what gives once the season starts.

In my opinion it's going to be a dog fight just to make the POs. Once in anything is possible.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
              I’d say if they offense finishes top 5 and the D finishes bottom 5, Staley might have to go. And if they make the playoffs a do not fire him, I would as the GM absolutely make him stop calling the defensive plays and have Ansley call them. I would also try to bring in a vet defensive assistant to help out, like a Mike Zimmer type.
              Let's play 2023.
              Regards defense, we allowed 27.0 ppg in 2021, 22.6 ppg in 2022. Actually a significant improvement although it didn't seem like it.
              We improved 4.4 fewer ppg allowed from '21 to '22 and are @ One PPG away from what the #16 D SB Champs allowed.
              That should happen simply based on healthy players and experience.
              Nothing is that simple though. It's a new year and everything is different.
              Staley's D should gain some traction. I always want 17.0 ppg or less but 20.0 would be good.(with a 30 ppg scoring O)
              So? Let's play!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sorry but I think the schedule matters. 11- 6 is certainly possible, so is 8-9 or 9-8. It's going to depend on injuries, both ours and the other teams and a host of other
                factors.

Charger weak points at the moment appear to be @ safety, question marks at RB, TE and LB. Still some backup issues possible at O line, D line and CB as well.
                Certainly not a perfect team, but there is no such thing. So we just have to see what gives once the season starts.

In my opinion it's going to be a dog fight just to make the POs. Once in anything is possible.
                The Chiefs play 14 of the same teams as do the Broncos and Raiders. I get injuries may happen. But there is time to get some depth at S, TE and Edge to be sure
                11+ wins that my prediction - because if Moore can improve the offense just a little, that could be huge points.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

~~~

The scheduled teams & locations are real. Everything else is projection and assumption.
                  We'll win at least one playoff game.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

The Chiefs play 14 of the same teams as do the Broncos and Raiders.
                    Is it 13 or 14?

It's 14.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I'm banking on staley having a near death experience last season has put quality fear in him. LOL! I don't care who we play as long as we look good when playing them and coming up with at least 11 victories during regular season.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The scheduled teams & locations are real. Everything else is projection and assumption.
                        We'll win at least one playoff game.
                        This is the problem with Chargers organization. We cannot project anything because we don't know things based on injuries during the season. What really matters is HOW we react to problems as they crop up. We didn't do so well last year so that's what really counts.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The Chiefs play 14 of the same teams as do the Broncos and Raiders. I get injuries may happen. But there is time to get some depth at S, TE and Edge to be sure
                          11+ wins that my prediction - because if Moore can improve the offense just a little, that could be huge points.
                          Herbert can improve last year's offense by being healthy. Never mind Moore and the receivers. We'll be better. Much better.

Comment

Working...
                          X