• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I think the agent of change here is Kellen Moore. 100%.
    Player health and depth will be a major factor in improving over last year.
    KM is here to improve scoring offense, make 2nd half adjustments.
    D gets a hand up when the O does their job.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Where did you hear this stuff?
      Reports after Day 1 stated Telesco was a QJ guy, as his preference was receivers with length. Staley wanted Zay Flowers. WR coach Chris Beatty - recruited Addison to Maryland and then Pittsburgh - leaned toward Addison.

Beatty was 100% speculation on my part, due to his familiarity with the player. You don't recruit a player to your squads at two different schools, have him earn the Biletnikoff Award and not have a bias toward that player.

Garrett, Jamie & Craig break down the Chargers 2023 draft class.

This is the specific episode I'm referring to. I haven't finished listen but if this info is accurate, there are more nuggets, essentially suggesting that Q and Tuli were "Telesco's guys" and Staley coveted Flowers....
      21&500 posted this in the Daiyan Henley thread at post #75.​​

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Congratulations to Tyler and Steven on their interview with Tom Telesco.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Reports after Day 1 stated Telesco was a QJ guy, as his preference was receivers with length. Staley wanted Zay Flowers. WR coach Chris Beatty - recruited Addison to Maryland and then Pittsburgh - leaned toward Addison.
          There were many good WRs in this draft. Zay Flowers would have been good too. It does sound like QJ was TT's guy, and BS supported him.

Telesco is good on his 1st round picks most of the time. But after the first round, most of his draft picks stink. His most recent drafts seem to have gotten better with Staley's influence and presence though.

Comment

• JPPT1974
            May Day 2024!
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Yeah as you can only hope the draft picks can be long haulers and long term players.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

There were many good WRs in this draft. Zay Flowers would have been good too. It does sound like QJ was TT's guy, and BS supported him.

Telesco is good on his 1st round picks most of the time. But after the first round, most of his draft picks stink. His most recent drafts seem to have gotten better with Staley's influence and presence though.
              According to the rumor-mongers here, TT told Staley to go jack off in the corner during this year's draft. all things can't add up, obviously...
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

According to the rumor-mongers here, TT told Staley to go jack off in the corner during this year's draft. all things can't add up, obviously...
                there were rumors circling around that they didn't agree on the 1st pick, not sure about the rest of the draft tho...So TT made an 'executive decision' at #21 and took QJ instead of what Brandon wanted, I might've been against TT here myself with the two awesome edge players that were unexpectedly on the board at #21 but looking back this move might be the stroke of genius especially when considering what the WR market has turned into and the untapped potential that the already uber talented QJ still possesses...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Beatty was 100% speculation on my part, due to his familiarity with the player. You don't recruit a player to your squads at two different schools, have him earn the Biletnikoff Award and not have a bias toward that player.

Garrett, Jamie & Craig break down the Chargers 2023 draft class.

21&500 posted this in the Daiyan Henley thread at post #75.​​
                  Thanks

As for the pick - if the Chargers were picking WR - QJ was the guy to pick for me. So I am good with him as the pick for the position.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I wish I knew who Moore preferred.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Just as long as Moore has a game plan built around QJ and if the pick would have been Zay or a TE, adapt the game plan to the players.

I want to see a dynamic high scoring, keep the pedal down type of offense

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        When? Today it's 100% QJ.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

When? Today it's 100% QJ.
                          First offensive play of the year -- something new and exciting and not just a run to the wide side

go deep I say, go deep!

Comment

Working...
                          X