• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed . . . . . . as you note the only injury I'll give TT and Staley a pass for would be if JH suffers a significant injury. Without him and with this schedule we'd be lucky to win 4 games. TT and Staley made the decision to 'run it back' . . . .
    As of right now, the Chargers picking up the Herbert option are 41m over the cap in 2024 - but that is for 34 players. So adding this years draft class (10m), and 9 guys making 750k (the minimum) - that means the Chargers are pretty much $60m over the cap. So for sure no excuses.

And since they are so far into - I truly think if they can extend Michael Davis -- might as well try for JJ3, Floyd and maybe a guy like Swaim

If you this deep into in 2024 - maybe take a few more million get a guy like Floyd if he is that much better than say KVN; Zeke Elliott on a one year deal to help the running game. JJ3 I think should be a no-brainer. Those would be my four moves today - what the hell - go for it Tom

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

O starts with the QB. Herbie is a very different QB than Dak. I expect Moore’s O for us to not be the same one he ran in Dallas. Some similarities, sure, but he will definitely maximize what Herbert offers (we drafted a WR round one, not a TE, that is very telling IMO).

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Safety maybe depending on Woods improvement. CB maybe,....perhaps we get Callahan again..

I don't see a issue at RB with Ekeker staying. I'm thinking Spiller is gonna be a lot better.

LB I think we are good now.

DL I think we are good but would be nice to get AJ back.

Depth seems to be the only problems and we addressed some of it. Still have OC that hadn't changed.
        If Jackson doesn't come back healthy and ready to play we're going to have issues at CB. Right now we have two legit starters with little behind them.

DL should be OK unless everybody gets hurt again. But I'm not so sure we'll be any better stopping the run. K9 and the rookie are not run stoppers.
        Although Henly is a solid tackler but on the small side.

There is still a chance Ekeler gets traded. That's a big question mark. Unless TT brings in another RB or Ekeler stays we may have a problem.

Still early so a lot can change. We're just discussing the current situation.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

So yesterday when coach Staley said they were excited the see K9 take the next step......they meant out the door?
          … of the charter plane …
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Kellen says we will utilize what we have. The TE situation will be different than in Dallas.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DennisR91
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As of right now, the Chargers picking up the Herbert option are 41m over the cap in 2024 - but that is for 34 players. So adding this years draft class (10m), and 9 guys making 750k (the minimum) - that means the Chargers are pretty much $60m over the cap. So for sure no excuses.

And since they are so far into - I truly think if they can extend Michael Davis -- might as well try for JJ3, Floyd and maybe a guy like Swaim

If you this deep into in 2024 - maybe take a few more million get a guy like Floyd if he is that much better than say KVN; Zeke Elliott on a one year deal to help the running game. JJ3 I think should be a no-brainer. Those would be my four moves today - what the hell - go for it Tom
              I would save some moves till midseason

otherwise I agree with you hehe

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                This year looks much tougher but it's always just a guess at this point in time.
                The Rams of 2021 vs 2022 is the poster child of how fast the fate of a team can change. There are always going to be wild swings and it also matters greatly when you play a team. But on paper, yes it does look like a harder schedule.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                  The schedule the AFC west plays this year is probably the toughest I've ever seen. Look at this schedule

Chargers Home Opponents:

AFC West: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Las Vegas Raiders

AFC East: Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins

NFC North: Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens

Chargers Road Opponents:

AFC East: New England Patriots and New York Jets

NFC North: Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

AFC South: Tennessee Titans

That's a brutal schedule, hoss. One could go 8-9 with that schedule and still be a pretty good football team.

It will take a big improvement over last years team to finish 9-8.
                  If you think OUR schedule looks tough, look at these teams' schedule!
                  they all have to play the LAC!
                  Last edited by 21&500; 05-01-2023, 08:57 PM.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                    The schedule the AFC west plays this year is probably the toughest I've ever seen. Look at this schedule

Chargers Home Opponents:

AFC East: Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins

NFC North: Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens

Chargers Road Opponents:

AFC East: New England Patriots and New York Jets

NFC North: Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

AFC South: Tennessee Titans

That's a brutal schedule, hoss. One could go 8-9 with that schedule and still be a pretty good football team.

It will take a big improvement over last years team to finish 9-8.
                    There are 15 legitimate opportunities for wins. 15-2 is a realistic ceiling.
                    Might split with the Broncos now that Payton is there. 14-3
                    Might split Cowboys/Ravens (I think we're better than both)... 13-4
                    Might split with Pats/Jets on the road (now that Rogers is in NY)... 12-5
                    Might lose to the Vikings on the road. 11-6

I'm going with 12-5 if we don't experience the historic number of injuries like last year.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

There are 15 legitimate opportunities for wins. 15-2 is a realistic ceiling.
                      Might split with the Broncos now that Payton is there. 14-3
                      Might split Cowboys/Ravens (I think we're better than both)... 13-4
                      Might split with Pats/Jets on the road (now that Rogers is in NY)... 12-5
                      Might lose to the Vikings on the road. 11-6

I'm going with 12-5 if we don't experience the historic number of injuries like last year.

Gonna sweep the AFCW. Six right there.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Starting tomorrow, UFAs can be signed without it costing anything in relation to future comp picks.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Gonna sweep the AFCW. Six right there.
                          I like the enthusiasm. But I'm not counting on sweeping the Chiefs.
                          Simply predicting 12-5 will get me clobbered around here.
                          Luckily, Smokey has me on ignore.

Comment

Working...
                          X