Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol. What took you so long? Before you were quick to do that. Maybe the slower life where you moved to?
    You didn't even put Chain on ignore and I did. He was my first ever.
    LOL! Good question. I used to put people on Ignore - and take them off - all the time, back in the day. This is my first (and only...so far) here. But yeah, long time coming. And funny, I didn't put chaincrusher on Ignore because I was curious to see if my suspicion was correct, i.e., that he was the infamous Yuba. Of course, once that cat was let out of the bag he was jettisoned, so he wasn't around to put on ignore anymore.
    Last edited by QSmokey; 04-01-2023, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Am I to assume the only reason we haven't won in the playoffs these last to seasons is because 1. Injuries and 2. our former OC?? These are the only 2 reasons and if it were not for these 2 points we would have gone deep in the playoffs?? Everything else is top notch now??? OK I'll go along with this because we are about to have a QB that will probably be one of the highest paid QB's in the league, and as of today because of the 2 key points I listed Herbert has never won a playoff game and now that this is fixed the skies the limit? It amazes me how Staley has been able to deflect any real blame for not really being the reason as to not winning in the playoffs so far? He is a young coach or he used to be but now we are on year 3. I'll put it this way, other than Herbert missing the season No excuses for not winning in the playoffs this season will be acceptable. Zero. Mike Mccoy was 9-7, 9-7 his first two seasons. Norv went 11-5, 8-8. Anthony Lynn went 9-7, 12-4, Staley has gone 9-8, 10-7. I just heard an interview where TT is saying they expect to win the Superbowl with Herbert as our QB!
      Last edited by electricgold; 04-01-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
        Am I to assume the only reason we haven't won in the playoffs these last to seasons is because 1. Injuries and 2. our former OC?? These are the only 2 reasons and if it were not for these 2 points we would have gone deep in the playoffs?? Everything else is top notch now??? OK I'll go along with this because we are about to have a QB that will probably be one of the highest paid QB's in the league, and as of today because of the 2 key points I listed Herbert has never won a playoff game and now that this is fixed the skies the limit? It amazes me how Staley has been able to deflect any real blame for not really being the reason as to not winning in the playoffs so far? He is a young coach or he used to be but now we are on year 3. I'll put it this way, other than Herbert missing the season No excuses for not winning in the playoffs this season will be acceptable. Zero. Mike Mccoy was 9-7, 9-7 his first two seasons. Norv went 11-5, 8-8. Anthony Lynn went 9-7, 12-4, Staley has gone 9-8, 10-7. I just heard an interview where TT is saying they expect to win the Superbowl with Herbert as our QB!
        Our former OC could not organize and train new recruits after the injuries.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

IN 2033 . . . . . . maybe

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

C'mon dmac - pot & kettle here. Let's move on . . . . .
            Ok, fair enough. I did take an affinity to QS and his particularly caustic post pattern - I didnt care about his comments to me, i just use them to make counterpoints about him. so not quite the same but maybe thats also not fair … I’ll stop.

Everyone wants to win a SB. I think we fall on a spectrum between two camps:

1. ”Pollyannas” are fans of the team even if we don’t win a SB, we arent delusional but we will support our team and look for reasons to be positive and hopeful.
            2. Negatories hate the team for not winning a SB or being the obvious next SB winner

(Of course, there’s a large middle group in between these two, hopeful and skeptical at the same time)

it’s not like our team is the ol “Ain’ts” wearing bags over our heads, or the Ryan Leaf Bolts, or the recent Texans. It’s a good team, a 10-7 team despite ( … ). Us Pollys don’t like our objectively good team being called complete shit all day long every day here. I guess, maybe, … just maybe, … I took the the role of lead defender too seriously lol.

i’ll reel it back. Sorry gang, it comes from what I thought was a good place.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
              [/B][/U]

IN 2033 . . . . . . maybe
              Or maybe 2023/2024. Chip and a chair - who knows …
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Us fans that have a more negative outlook on how this team performs and has basically been ran for years now don't feel it's superbowl or bust lol.How about not limpin(MW) into the playoffs just to friggin Charger away the game in a literally historic and utterly embarrassing manner.We have Herb as a QB and most fans believe if he was on more than a few other teams he would have already won many more games if not made it to a bowl game.Its not superbowl or bust for us "downers" lol.This year will make or break Staley and definitely TT.If we fail as a team and they are still retained I for one will lose total interest in this Spanos run bullshit team.But I believe if we sputter out and don't make a solid playoff runin '23 that both will be gone as even the SpAnus idjits ain't That stupid.Or are they....

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

We didn't have many of the key players in the last two years. Not drafted or signed, injured, took a big step 2021 to 2022, etc. HC growth,gifted young vet OC, other coaches. A number of issues seem to have been addressed or fixed and we have a lot of top talent featuring an elite QB with a top OL and good to very good receivers. That's a nice start.
                  Let's play! We won't settle a damn thing talking history. Every team that ever won a SB had a 1st time.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We didn't have many of the key players in the last two years. Not drafted or signed, injured, took a big step 2021 to 2022, etc. HC growth,gifted young vet OC, other coaches. A number of issues seem to have been addressed or fixed and we have a lot of top talent featuring an elite QB with a top OL and good to very good receivers. That's a nice start.
                    Let's play! We won't settle a damn thing talking history. Every team that ever won a SB had a 1st time.
                    I get your thought however it is a fact after 2 season Anthony Lynn has a better coaching record than Staley. If that is not a red flag I don't know what a red flag is.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We didn't have many of the key players in the last two years. Not drafted or signed, injured, took a big step 2021 to 2022, etc. HC growth, gifted young vet OC, other coaches. A number of issues seem to have been addressed or fixed and we have a lot of top talent featuring an elite QB with a top OL and good to very good receivers. That's a nice start.
                      HC Growth: What has he shown us that makes you believe that?

A number of issues seem to have been addressed or fixed​: We've signed exactly one (1) FA since the season ended. So, at best, ONE (1) issue has been addressed, no? Otherwise, it's the same roster. Hell, we haven't even re-signed Callahan - which I think would be a mistake not to do - and we lost a guy (Fehoko) that some of the posters here liked. No Van Noy, either. Moore is a probable upgrade, but I'm not willing to anoint him just yet. So tell, me what other issues have been addressed or fixed this off-season?

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

A number of issues seem to have been addressed or fixed​: We've signed exactly one (1) FA since the season ended. So, at best, ONE (1) issue has been addressed, no? Otherwise, it's the same roster. Hell, we haven't even re-signed Callahan - which I think would be a mistake not to do - and we lost a guy (Fehoko) that some of the posters here liked. No Van Noy, either. Moore is a probable upgrade, but I'm not willing to anoint him just yet. So tell, me what other issues have been addressed or fixed this off-season?
                        I think the players played hard for this HC last year... even after the loss of Pro Bowl caliber players for a good portion of the year.
                        We had/have very little cap space for signing/re-signing free agents. I like the 1 new FA they brought in (Kendricks). Clear upgrade over Tranquill.
                        The other FA that was an important re-sign was Morgan Fox. I would love to have Callahan and Van Noy back... but the draft is approaching.
                        The draft may supply us @those important positions (slot-corner and pass rusher) so I'm waiting to see what happens there.
                        Fehoko was JAG. Moa and Hinton are on the roster and Otito is a developing player with 3 years left on his contract.

Lombardi was a huge issue last year (fans and experts agree). Will Moore open up the offense? Almost certainly! I'm willing to be skeptical.

The historically bad injuries can't be overlooked. Chiefs got steam-rolled by TB in the SB when they briefly endured this situation.
                        Until someone can site another team that encountered that many significant injuries (and still made the playoffs)... I will remain in "Pollyanna Land".

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

You don't seem to think having healthy quality starters at QB, WR, OL, Edge, DL and CB is a plus.
                          To each his own.

Comment

Working...
                          X