• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    PFN_MDS_Result__1705764223896.png

In no way am I advocating Bosa over Mack... I'd rather keep Mack. But age and contract structures indicate that Bosa is probably staying. Even Mack himself hinted that he would probably get traded this off-season. Mack has trade value, too (3rd round?). Joey has had a run of bad luck (health). But when he is on the field, he's very good. IMO, you have to have a good rotation of 3 pass rushers. Here's a recent mock I did. I traded back to 10 (Jets) and got their 3rd and 4th. I also worked trades (futures) to enable me to pick up a 3rd rounder (Mack trade) and a 4th rounder (MW trade). IMO, that's reasonable.

Now, of course results will vary. In this particular simulation, CB McKinstry was gone (I normally pick him)... but Latu was still there (so was Brock)...
    If Joey Bosa were a street free agent, would you pay him $22m for one year. The Chargers do not have to keep anybody with a new HC/GM. I think on the open market, Bosa is looking at a one year, 10m with incentives type deal.

I will admit that part of the reason I am moving on from Bosa is I think he is overpaid, overrated and not a winning player. I have seen enough. Move on. And if that means I am moving on from Mack via trade and releasing Bosa, I can live with it

The key is Telesco is not the GM and Staley is not the HC and hopefully the people they hire have the knowledge to build a roster without those two.

As for your Mock draft -- I think if going to the Jets, its a 2nd and 4th but I think its a bit Michigan heavy

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kelleu had our highest ypc the last 2 years over Ekeler. The new coach might want that in a 3. He can get 4 yds avg with half decent blocking.
      He's a known quantity, nothing special but that's something. Bring him back cheap, cut him when we know we have two or three better.
      Cheap when we’re in cap hell means vet min, which is all he’s worth anyways. But I’d still rather go with an unknown, might get a higher ceiling ala Ekeler.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I like to call that one my Jim Harbaugh draft...

DL Kris Jenkins
        LB Junior Colson
        CB Mike S
        RB B. Corum
        WR Wilson

The only one I'm missing is safety Rod Moore. LOL!
        Moore is staying at Michigan

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Joey Bosa were a street free agent, would you pay him $22m for one year. The Chargers do not have to keep anybody with a new HC/GM. I think on the open market, Bosa is looking at a one year, 10m with incentives type deal.

I will admit that part of the reason I am moving on from Bosa is I think he is overpaid, overrated and not a winning player. I have seen enough. Move on. And if that means I am moving on from Mack via trade and releasing Bosa, I can live with it

The key is Telesco is not the GM and Staley is not the HC and hopefully the people they hire have the knowledge to build a roster without those two.

As for your Mock draft -- I think if going to the Jets, its a 2nd and 4th but I think its a bit Michigan heavy
          I agree, he's over-paid for his recent production (non-production). But again, it's the contract structure. You save $14.5 million with a Bosa cut/trade. Whereas, it's a $23 million savings with a Mack trade/cut. He's got 2 years left on the contract. You can re-structure ($7 million savings against 2024) or you can cut ($22 million cap hit) or you can keep nd cut next year (only $7.6 million dead cap).

I am hesitant to go into 2024 with just Tuli @Edge. You're hedged into drafting a quality Edge (probably 1st round) and no depth @Edge.
          I prefer keeping Bosa (re-structure savings) and seeing if he can stay healthy. Then I draft an Edge in the 3rd or 4th for depth. You need a rotation @Edge in the NFL.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I agree. Kelly is a relatively cheap re-sign. Draft a 3rd or 4th round RB... improve the OL with a better OL coach... and you have a stable of young RB's. With creative trades, cuts, extensions, and re-structures you can get under the cap and even sign a different (better) RB in FA. There are so many options.
            I have a RB and a right side OL...UDFA's that will raise the bar on ultimate Sammy Small School nuggets.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

PFN_MDS_Result__1705764223896.png

In no way am I advocating Bosa over Mack... I'd rather keep Mack. But age and contract structures indicate that Bosa is probably staying. Even Mack himself hinted that he would probably get traded this off-season. Mack has trade value, too (3rd round?). Joey has had a run of bad luck (health). But when he is on the field, he's very good. IMO, you have to have a good rotation of 3 pass rushers. Here's a recent mock I did. I traded back to 10 (Jets) and got their 3rd and 4th. I also worked trades (futures) to enable me to pick up a 3rd rounder (Mack trade) and a 4th rounder (MW trade). IMO, that's reasonable.

Now, of course results will vary. In this particular simulation, CB McKinstry was gone (I normally pick him)... but Latu was still there (so was Brock)...
              I cudda swore somebody said
              they would never draft Sainristil..

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I cudda swore somebody said
                they would never draft Sainristil..

In the late 3rd... probably. It's the consolation prize if Kool-Aid's gone... and the 10th pick is Latu.
                The CB-cupboard gets thin after the 1st round IMO. Sainsristil has strong hands (for gripping jerseys)... is already better than Ja'Seared.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Maybe we can make up for the obvious warts with disguise and complicated reads/coverages...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have a RB and a right side OL...UDFA's that will raise the bar on ultimate Sammy Small School nuggets.
                    "Right-side OL" sounds like a right guard to me... slide Jamaree to RT.
                    Approved! 1-year (and millions of dollars) late... but still approved!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Moore is staying at Michigan
                      Do u have a direct pipeline to John U. Bacon?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Maybe we can make up for the obvious warts with disguise and complicated reads/coverages...
                        Staley already tried that with his "Pattern Match Defense"...how'd that work out for us?

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Staley already tried that with his "Pattern Match Defense"...how'd that work out for us?
                          Yeah, that was my insinuation.
                          Having said that, Staley isn't the only coach trying this. There is a movement toward man/zone integration. But the only teams pulling it off are teams with at least 1 CB with man v man capabilities. The Chargers don't have that. They tried the easy-fix (expensive FA CB) but it blew up in their face (JCJ).

Comment

Working...
                          X