He is an untouchable with Herbert, Slater, Tuli etc

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I got the point, just disagree.
      People keep telling me Keenan's slowing down... he's washed up. I'm not sure they are watching the actual games...
      It took the nearest receiver 2 games to catch up to Keenan's receptions number after his injury.
      Khalil Mack just had a career year... but all of the sudden he's Von Miller.
      For the record, Mack had as many sacks this year as Miller had in the last 4 years... LOL!
      With Mack... it's not the player... it's the contract structure.

The villagers are angry and the pitchforks are out!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

People keep telling me Keenan's slowing down... he's washed up. I'm not sure they are watching the actual games...
        It took the nearest receiver 2 games to catch up to Keenan's receptions number after his injury.
        For the record, Mack had as many sacks this year as Miller had in the last 4 years... LOL!

I think both are worth keeping if possible. But Mack, definitely (and pretty much at whatever cost).

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm not so sure of that...For sure we can draft another high quality target in this years draft for Mike Williams. Like I said I'm waiting for new coach and GM before trying to renegotiate their contracts. Williams you might have to get let go because he's not even going to be a factor for the first half of next season anyways. Bosa actually might have some trade value with a restructure but as always these people are human beings and some times you have to ask them to stand in the owners shoes when renegotiating. I know everyone thinks I'm crazy but I would fix the offense totally in this years draft and just patch a defense together as best as you can. Our best defense is a dominant offense that keeps our defense fresh and off the field.
          Teams in the playoffs have good defenses. Steelers offense sucked and they got in the playoffs because of their defense.
          I'm tired of having a shit defense. A middle of the road defense next season will help a lot if our offense don't suck like it did this year.

I think better coaching brings both units up a notch.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-22-2024, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Teams in the playoffs have good defenses. Steelers offense sucked and they got in the playoffs
            This. ^

Why I have Mack as my top keeper out of the big four.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Keenan is probably the best possession receiver in the league and puts up monster numbers when he is on the field. The problem is he will be 32 before next season and has missed 11 games the past two seasons. Older players get hurt more, not less. I'd love to have Keenan back if it makes sense financially because if we let him go that is an awfully big hole to fill at the WR position. I'd let Williams go before Keenan.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Keenan is probably the best possession receiver in the league and puts up monster numbers when he is on the field. The problem is he will be 32 before next season and has missed 11 games the past two seasons. Older players get hurt more, not less. I'd love to have Keenan back if it makes sense financially because if we let him go that is an awfully big hole to fill at the WR position. I'd let Williams go before Keenan.
                True but he said he could of played the last couple weeks if we were in the playoff run.
                When you are out it , coaches sit those that are injured.
                Why make it worse in meaningless games?

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I still think Mack and Keenan could have good years in 2024, but can they make the money work for risk/reward that these older guys bring.

for bosa and MW, i don't think it is worth it. for me, MW was too inconsistent even in his prime. he would have a highlight reel game, and then disappear for the next two games. bosa is just an injury time bomb at this point.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2023
                    • Send PM

I’m assuming the Front office had a plan for 2023/2024 knowing we would have our top 5 players possibly leaving. EKELER, ALLEN, MACK, WILLIAMS, BOSA.

THE FO was thinking this team would go deep into Playoffs/Super Bowl and that would have given a late rd picks. That said they probably had an idea of the cap hit as well as who they would bring back.

But actually the Spani crew got a much better deal from this poor season. They knew they had to do a full reset.

In last few drafts they used high picks on OL/DL/WR and none of them are very good at this time. ( Hence new coaches coming) We could lose 5 very good players and will need to currently have to draft WR and Edge in first two rd just to replace4 of these guys.

Is there any chance we try to trade all 4 guys to the team they want and sign EKELER who has produced in last two years and refilled in draft.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2023
                      • Send PM

What if FO wants to Kellie Moore as OC and new HC has to work with that

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post
                        What if FO wants to Kellie Moore as OC and new HC has to work with that
                        I think that's a bad move but we'll see. Moore wants to be a HC as well. Learn a new system next year or the year after....same thing. Learn it next season and have the same system for some years after.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think that's a bad move but we'll see. Moore wants to be a HC as well. Learn a new system next year or the year after....same thing. Learn it next season and have the same system for some years after.
                          New HC and offense… screams WR in first rd

Comment

Working...
                          X