• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I would think that he would want guaranteed money in 2024 and 2025. Otherwise, he'd probably not sign an extension, accept a trade/cut, and go get his guaranteed money elsewhere. 17 sacks (padded or not) gives his agent some leverage in demanding guaranteed money.
    Well if they do the contract you suggest, they are guaranteeing his 2024 salary of 23m - of which today, none is guaranteed. Maybe for 2025 but some guarantees based on incentives for games played, sacks. Not 17 - but say 10-12 sacks.

but for this offseason -not that they will have the money but I don't want them go all crazy in free agency like Telesco Staley did with trading for Mack and signing JCJ and Austin Johnson and SJD and Everett

Sign a bunch of guys to make good one year deals - kind of the same approach with Mack and Allen - you will get your money , might move some to 2025 for cap purposes - but for this year, level set, see what the draft brings, fill in with veterans and next year - really have clear understanding of what you want as a team and roster. basicaly don't tie your cap up this year

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post
      What if FO wants to Kellie Moore as OC and new HC has to work with that
      It should not matter who the FO wants for an OC, it should be coaches choice for the entire staff.

On top of that - the offense hasn't prospered under Moore.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So you’re saying, there’s a chance. Good.

(I don’t expect a big drop off in production from him, some guys just age better than others, even if there is a bit of one it’s still fair money for what he brings).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well if they do the contract you suggest, they are guaranteeing his 2024 salary of 23m - of which today, none is guaranteed. Maybe for 2025 but some guarantees based on incentives for games played, sacks. Not 17 - but say 10-12 sacks.

but for this offseason -not that they will have the money but I don't want them go all crazy in free agency like Telesco Staley did with trading for Mack and signing JCJ and Austin Johnson and SJD and Everett

Sign a bunch of guys to make good one year deals - kind of the same approach with Mack and Allen - you will get your money , might move some to 2025 for cap purposes - but for this year, level set, see what the draft brings, fill in with veterans and next year - really have clear understanding of what you want as a team and roster. basicaly don't tie your cap up this year
          caveat: Offensive lIne with Center and Guard. Maybe they figure that out with the draft and get the Oregon kid -- I think he has three names -- but thats a big concern first, solidifying Oline

Comment

• Go Chargers go
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Are you going into the season without Bosa and Mack? Tuli had 4.5 sacks last year. Bosa had 7.5 sacks in 8 games.
            Tuli gets 0 sacks without one of these guys. 4 0f his sacks came with Bosa and Mack on field.

Mack’s stats in last two years are close to Bosa best years.
            Mack had 10 sack from week 9-17 without Bosa
            Mack has played every game since he signed

its not even close who you keep, if you pick one, Bosa made as much as Mack and only 25% of his performance

Nobody will guarantee Bosa can play all year for next two years with the amount of injuries he has had.
            Last edited by Go Chargers go; 01-23-2024, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Moore has to prove he’s a good OC before he gets a HC interview. He hasn’t shown me shit yet. If Harbaugh replaces him I bet not one single fan will care.
              To be fair to Moore, he doesn't need to show you anything. He was a HC candidate before he came here and he will be again.

Id just prefer JH bring in his own OC so just in case Moore does get HC interviews...(because I assume we won't suck on offense again) they just learn a new offense next season and keep it going forward than keep the one we got and learn a new one the season after.

Either way it's learning a new system but let's keep it going consecutively. Id bet we get a new OC this year with Harbaugh.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

To be fair to Moore, he doesn't need to show you anything. He was a HC candidate before he came here and he will be again.

Id just prefer JH bring in his own OC so just in case Moore does get HC interviews...(because I assume we won't suck on offense again) they just learn a new offense next season and keep it going forward than keep the one we got and learn a new one the season after.

Either way it's learning a new system but let's keep it going consecutively. Id bet we get a new OC this year with Harbaugh.
                It's just that he needs to graduate from pampers to pull-up huggies first!
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It should not matter who the FO wants for an OC, it should be coaches choice for the entire staff.

On top of that - the offense hasn't prospered under Moore.
                  MW missing the season and Palmer being injured a lot didn't help. The running game was non existent. OL was not as good as people thought. I'll give Moore a chance to see if the offense under him will perform better with a better roster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Moore has to prove he’s a good OC before he gets a HC interview. He hasn’t shown me shit yet. If Harbaugh replaces him I bet not one single fan will care.
                    Moore is not a 2024 HC anywhere in the NFL, I don’t know his eternal future so I’ll stop at what is obvious.

There is no if in this equation. Its WHEN Harbo fires him … Moore will not be OC for the SD Chargers in 2024.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Moore is not a 2024 HC anywhere in the NFL, I don’t know his eternal future so I’ll stop at what is obvious.

There is no if in this equation. Its WHEN Harbo fires him … Moore will not be OC for the SD Chargers in 2024.
                      No one will.
                      ; )
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No one will.
                        ; )
                        very true - very true

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

Tuli gets 0 sacks without one of these guys. 4 0f his sacks came with Bosa and Mack on field.

Mack’s stats in last two years are close to Bosa best years.
                          Mack had 10 sack from week 9-17 without Bosa
                          Mack has played every game since he signed

its not even close who you keep, if you pick one, Bosa made as much as Mack and only 25% of his performance

Nobody will guarantee Bosa can play all year for next two years with the amount of injuries he has had.
                          My recollection was this:

1st half of season Tuli was making splash plays and helping out Bosa/Mack. Bosa was getting "easy" sacks simply because Tuli was pressuring the QB from opposite side.

2nd half of season Tuli's production decreased.

Comment

Working...
                          X