• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    Lynch and Shanarat screwed the pooch when they entered that game without a serviceable backup QB.
    IT also illustrates the defenses need for an offense. SF 7- Phi 31 was not typical for SF's D.
    You can’t play without a QB. That’s all that game proved.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm trying to figure out what this whole point is here. The fact that a rookie third string quarterback in Brock Purdy was even in a conference championship game while Justin Herbert has yet to win a postseason game in three years shows how important a defense and running game can be.
      Or does it? Hmmmmm …

now you are bashing our Golden God, hero to all, master of the universe, ultimate QB Champion? GASP!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        Lynch and Shanarat screwed the pooch when they entered that game without a serviceable backup QB.
        IT also illustrates the defenses need for an offense. SF 7- Phi 31 was not typical for SF's D.
        Agreed, but they were already down to their 3rd guy. Not sure what was left on the street that would have been better than Johnson. We complain (and rightly so) about how many injuries we tend to have, but we've never suffered losses at the QB position like SF did last year . . . . . . . . talk about snake bit . . . . . . . IMO it's a testament to their coaching staff and their defense (and to Purdy) that they managed to do as well as they did.

How many games do you think we would win with our top 2 QB's out for the season? It would be beyond ugly . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You can’t win without a QB. That’s all that game proved.

Agreed . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed, but they were already down to their 3rd guy. Not sure what was left on the street that would have been better than Johnson. We complain (and rightly so) about how many injuries we tend to have, but we've never suffered losses at the QB position like SF did last year . . . . . . . . talk about snake bit . . . . . . . IMO it's a testament to their coaching staff and their defense (and to Purdy) that they managed to do as well as they did.

How many games do you think we would win with our top 2 QB's out for the season? It would be beyond ugly . . . . . .
            Its not unfair to argue how very horrible their final QB was, as we all saw it and he was indeed. But the large macro question of whether an offense more important than a defense is supported by the result in that game to me. No need for us to nitpick it apart other than we still have another 10 days until camp - so, ... i take that back. we certainly should explore it further.

Or we can pivot to my thesis: "Young John Spanos has developed a world class organization right under everyone's noses. 2023 will prove I am right."

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Its not unfair to argue how very horrible their final QB was, as we all saw it and he was indeed. But the large macro question of whether an offense more important than a defense is supported by the result in that game to me. No need for us to nitpick it apart other than we still have another 10 days until camp - so, ... i take that back. we certainly should explore it further.

Or we can pivot to my thesis: "Young John Spanos has developed a world class organization right under everyone's noses. 2023 will prove I am right."

You'll need to come up with something closer to reality so we can argue (discuss) the merits of your thesis . . . . . . . . . . . .This is alternate universe stuff.

We need something like; 'John Spanos has learned to tie his own shoes' . . . . . . this we can argue about !

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Sounds like the SF OL was garbage. 1 & 2 QB out with injury, 3 & 4 get hurt v Phi. And the vaunted SF defense took a crap and rolled in it while Phi got tired of scoring TDs.
                Glad we aren't them!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

[/B][/U]

You'll need to come up with something closer to reality so we can argue (discuss) the merits of your thesis . . . . . . . . . . . .This is alternate universe stuff.

We need something like; 'John Spanos has learned to tie his own shoes' . . . . . . this we can argue about !
                  "John Spanos makes a wicked-awesome sandwich"

Prove i'm wrong now? eh? not so easy, is it.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

"John Spanos makes a wicked-awesome sandwich"

Prove i'm wrong now? eh? not so easy, is it.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF
                    You're so wrong . . . . . . . . I cannot believe how wrong you are !! You have absolutely NO proof whatsoever that JS can assemble any kind of sandwich, which is far more complicated than tying his shoes . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

You're so wrong . . . . . . . . I cannot believe how wrong you are !! You have absolutely NO proof whatsoever that JS can assemble any kind of sandwich, which is far more complicated than tying his shoes . . . . . . . . .
                      you've never even seen his shoes, have you?

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

In the spirit of keeping this thread on-topic and about Kellen Moore, Brett Kollman and Bootleg Football talk Chargers. This is excellent and their zeal for watching Herbert in a Kellen Moore-coordinated offense is palpable. Love how Brett states 'he's not a Kenneth Murray II guy.' lol. Nobody is.

LA1.png

LA2.png
                        LA3.png

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Prescott.png

We haven't talked near enough about Kellen Moore's domination of the NFC East. Beginning in 2019, when Kellen Moore assumed the role of offensive coordinator, and when he lost the Dallas coordinator job after a playoff loss in 2023, he lost two conference games: Against the Eagles in 2019 and the finale against the Commanders when the Cowboys largely rested their starters.

Moore finished 18-2 for his career as offensive coordinator in the NFC East. While you can take the quality of divisional opponents in the East in account, I also take that to mean that Moore knows to beat a divisional opponents' defenses on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                          X