• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Getting elite LT Slater back is easily the biggest improvement. Feiler had a down year and replacing him with Zion looks good. Slater and Zion are kind of a matched set of 315 lb muscle. Salyer just enjoys kicking ass wherever the coach asks. Pip looks and plays like a grown ass man nowadays. Linsley is one of the best at C. We good.
    I cannot wait to see the full playbook utilized.
    It's always about space.
    Length and width.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I really think Moore is going to lift our O to be elite, Herbert will be in the MVP hunt and Moore will likely be one and done because this will get him a HC position next year.
      Who’s his top lieutenant on our staff? Somebody that can absorb Moore-ness and step upward in a year?
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Nussmier would be the logical choice?

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• YAC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I cannot wait to see the full playbook utilized.
          It's always about space.
          Length and width.
          Length and girth.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

hoping talent like Herb and winning SuperBowls could pursuade Kellen to stay in LAC for a couple years, you know how players take less money to win rings etc etc

coaches have to feel the same way right?
            I saw a comment from him in the last week or so that his ultimate goal is to become a HC. Hard to imagine him turning down an opportunity, though I guess he could be picky. HC jobs only come open when the team is a disaster.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I saw a comment from him in the last week or so that his ultimate goal is to become a HC. Hard to imagine him turning down an opportunity, though I guess he could be picky. HC jobs only come open when the team is a disaster.
              Win a SB in '23 - '24. We'll deal with the backlash later.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

He would be smart to wait it out for precisely that reason. As much as we're all hopeful for Staley to progress thru his growing pains as a relatively new HC, it's also impossible to ignore how he has exited both seasons in such unceremonious fashion. Not to mention the fact that his defenses have shown little to support the "defensive genius" reputation that landed him the job.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

He would be smart to wait it out for precisely that reason. As much as we're all hopeful for Staley to progress thru his growing pains as a relatively new HC, it's also impossible to ignore how he has exited both seasons in such unceremonious fashion. Not to mention the fact that his defenses have shown little to support the "defensive genius" reputation that landed him the job.
                  dmac and I have agreed that W-L is the only reasonable basis for firing a HC. If Moore is so successful that LAC improves on 10-7 and wins a playoff game, or more, Staley is the Chargers HC in 2024. I would hope that Moore will stay with us another year or so to prove that it's not a fluke and because he really likes this team.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

maybe Staley gives Kellen new insight into how difficult HC can be and he chooses to ride the wave a little in LAC first. This is really hopium for me haha

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Any coach poised to be first-time HC is going to take a job offer if asked. Period. All HC openings are due to something bad in an org and its almost always more than just the HC. Forget any of this “wait for the right one” bullshit - that happens 1 out 100 times. That happens to old coaches that already won a SB. First time HCs don’t call their shots, they answer the phone if they are lucky enough to get it to ring and they say yessir, you betcha sir.

I hope he helps us win a SB and unfortunately departs for his brass ring. because you know, thats a SB win.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Unless your name is Josh “Joshy” McDaniels, Rich. If that is the case many teams court you even after you totally stiff one and leave them hanging by walking away from a signed deal and a bunch of assistants they can’t use. And Joshy was waiting for the right opportunity to come up….with the RAIDERS.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

I really think Moore is going to lift our O to be elite, Herbert will be in the MVP hunt and Moore will likely be one and done because this will get him a HC position next year.
                          Imagine the Chargers winning the AFC division with a defensive coach only to lose to a lessor talented AFC team. We fire the defensive coach Staley and promote the OC Moore as the new HC. Wait a minute I just heard an eerie Spanos echo laugh ringing in my ears.

Comment

Working...
                          X