• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

you've never even seen his shoes, have you?
    Stop changing the subject while I'm busy proving you wrong . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it's rude

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Stop changing the subject while I'm busy proving you wrong . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it's rude
      Here’s a statue of just his foot. you’re not ready for the whole John …

Art History Lol GIF by Acorn TV
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• YAC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        Sounds like the SF OL was garbage. 1 & 2 QB out with injury, 3 & 4 get hurt v Phi. And the vaunted SF defense took a crap and rolled in it while Phi got tired of scoring TDs.
        Glad we aren't them!
        Sorry bro, this isn't in tune with what happened.

Lance was injured on a QB power run. Not a passing play. Not a scramble. If one was cynical (like I am) I'd suggest they were looking for a way to get Trey off the field without publicly humiliating him. He's just not any good. 49ers have one of the top 2 LT in the game and a well respected offensive line.

Was the SF defense "rolled" by Philly in that game? They gave up a mere 269 yards.

Comment

• YAC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          It was a massacre. I have always said that Charger team was not that good. They were Thomas the train overachievers, the pinnacle of Bobby Ross’ career, which he never repeated anywhere.
          That was an era where the AFC top teams simply couldn't measure up. Denver, Buff, Chargers...would look great until they had to face peak NFC teams

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed, but they were already down to their 3rd guy. Not sure what was left on the street that would have been better than Johnson. We complain (and rightly so) about how many injuries we tend to have, but we've never suffered losses at the QB position like SF did last year . . . . . . . . talk about snake bit . . . . . . . IMO it's a testament to their coaching staff and their defense (and to Purdy) that they managed to do as well as they did.

How many games do you think we would win with our top 2 QB's out for the season? It would be beyond ugly . . . . . .
            Someone once told me that injuries are just an excuse.

If Trey Lance wasn't such a failed draft pick, the 49ers wouldn't need a 2nd or 3rd QB.
            The Chargers don't need a 2nd or 3rd QB... because our 1st rounders play through broken ribs and torn ACL's.
            Purdy was lucky Ronnie Lott wasn't on the sideline. He would have cut the arm off at the elbow and made him finish the game.

Time to Nut-up!​

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Prescott.png

We haven't talked near enough about Kellen Moore's domination of the NFC East. Beginning in 2019, when Kellen Moore assumed the role of offensive coordinator, and when he lost the Dallas coordinator job after a playoff loss in 2023, he lost two conference games: Against the Eagles in 2019 and the finale against the Commanders when the Cowboys largely rested their starters.

Moore finished 18-2 for his career as offensive coordinator in the NFC East. While you can take the quality of divisional opponents in the East in account, I also take that to mean that Moore knows to beat a divisional opponents' defenses on a regular basis.
              That’s like saying Eric Bienemy is 27-3 against the AFC West

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

Lance was injured on a QB power run. Not a passing play. Not a scramble. If one was cynical (like I am) I'd suggest they were looking for a way to get Trey off the field without publicly humiliating him. He's just not any good. 49ers have one of the top 2 LT in the game and a well respected offensive line.

Was the SF defense "rolled" by Philly in that game? They gave up a mere 269 yards.

Don't get me wrong... I think injuries to significant players @significant positions are a real thing... and affect the game.
                But 3 out of 4 of Philly's drives were long, sustained drives.

1st score: 11 plays (first drive of the game... Pre-Purdy injury)
                2nd score: 14 plays
                3rd score: A short 3 play score off of a fumble in 49er territory.
                4th score: 15 plays

Me... I think offense and defense work hand-in-hand. The 49ers defense forced the Eagles into many failed drives (four 3-and-outs...?). But in the end, if your offense can't keep the ball (and your defense off the field) your defense is going to get tired.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Me... I think offense and defense work hand-in-hand. The 49ers defense forced the Eagles into many failed drives (four 3-and-outs...?). But in the end, if your offense can't keep the ball (and your defense off the field) your defense is going to get tired.
                  Exactly. Complementary football. Their defense didn’t just get tired but lost hope.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That’s like saying Eric Bienemy is 27-3 against the AFC West
                    That's assuming Bienemy called the offensive plays.

I think what Ghost is getting at... is that Kellen Moore is very good at designing plays against defenses that he sees numerous times.
                    Personally, I can't wait for Moore to zero in on KC's defense.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Exactly. Complementary football. Their defense didn’t just get tired but lost hope.
                      Totally agree. It's akin to the 49ers/Chargers game. Against a very good rushing team (49ers) the Chargers run defense actually showed for this game (a 3.8 ypc is actually pretty good). But the offense (with no WR options) could sustain a drive and put the defense back on the field time after time (TOP 37 minutes). People forget that we were up 13-3 late in the 2nd quarter.

2nd defensive stand: 1 play (turnover)
                      3rd defensive stand: 3-and-out
                      4th defensive stand: 3-and-out

In the end, 41 rushing attempts wore the defense down... and there was very little hope in the offense (247 total yards).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I agree with this, YAC. Lance is horrible. Their trade-up to draft him haunts the soul of the franchise. SF OL is a good solid unit, look at their rush stats ... or what Purdy could do given the opp. (Haunt #2 - Garoppolo is also horrible - I'm giddy with delight he's in the AFCW, I hope he starts).

Philly scored garbage point after garbage point off of SF's offensive implosion. Proving the central thesis - an offense is more important in modern football. Fortunately we hired the right guy at the right time now. YEAR O' FLIP!
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

SF 7- Phi 31 The game is decided by points, of which Phi had a dominant abundance.
                          Bad OL, bad coaching, bad QB, whatever.
                          Where did the Niner D go? What was their excuse?

Comment

Working...
                          X