• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Which brings up the argument to keep Moore over Staley if we go far this year.Dicey sitiation. Buuuut would be a nice change of pace to actually go far this season.
    We aren't going to fire Staley if we make the playoffs, we would have to have a losing record.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I am personally bullish on the 2023 Chargers, but I think the odds of the Chargers winning the division is remote, because of Patrick Mahomes. Depending how they finish this season, that is the caveat, The Chargers could be faced with losing Kellen Moore to another franchise and pulling the trigger to keep Kellen Moore by firing Staley. I believe 100% that Moore is going to blow the Spanos' Families' minds in the next five months. A conscious choice will be made by ownership to hitch their wagon to Moore's star.
      When has an owner ever done that - fire the HC of a winning team to hire his OC as the HC? AJ and his dick-measuring bitch fest with Marty doesn’t count, he fucking fired a 14-2 coach for god’s sake because he might hire his son? - who it turns out was a good coach and became somewhat of a hot commodity around the league. I’m trying to think if I ever saw that happen, maybe it did?

It’s not the Spani way, imo. I may be wrong but I’ve been watching them as long as everyone else - this idea strokes their fur backwards, bristles their tingly parts with pine needles, its just not their way at all to be so bold, disruptive, and dismissive of NFL tradition.

If Moore is hired as HC - he’s no longer OC, which is the reason he’s soon to be so loved. Is he even any good as a HC and who will be the OC as it’s not him, right? Or it’s ok for him to be HC/OC but Staley shouldn’t be HC/DC? If he’s hot because the Chargers are a winning team - thats 3 consecutive winning teams that Staley delivered, who is the last Charger coach to do that? Just thinking out loud here … not really directed at you but your voice is as good as anyone’s if you want pick at any parts of that.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• YAC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        Having an OC career is not a bad thing if you can also get top dollar in that position and learn how to be a Good head coach.

I could be wrong but I don't believe all smart good coaches can learn to be good NFL head coaches. Personality attributes come into play.

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

When has an owner ever done that - fire the HC of a winning team to hire his OC as the HC? AJ and his dick-measuring bitch fest with Marty doesn’t count, he fucking fired a 14-2 coach for god’s sake because he might hire his son? - who it turns out was a good coach and became somewhat of a hot commodity around the league. I’m trying to think if I ever saw that happen, maybe it did?
          Marty's son was already on staff. He wanted to hire his brother. They lost O-cord(Norv) and D-cord(Wade Phillips) to head jobs. Marty had TEN previous 10+ win teams and never made a super bowl. Marty was a great regular season coach and a HORRIBLE playoff coach. AJ didn't want Rivers, LT, and the other young guys being being an experiment for Marty to see if he could finally get it right.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
            East Coast Chargers Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
            • Send PM

Make staley asst gm( i think he has an eye for talent) and moore head coach that would be the best case if we go far. Lets just win the bowl and sort it out later.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

If we win in the playoffs and fire the HC? We must hate winning.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                If we win in the playoffs and fire the HC? We must hate winning.
                Lol. Or the HC is Marty.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
                  Make staley asst gm( i think he has an eye for talent) and moore head coach that would be the best case if we go far. Lets just win the bowl and sort it out later.
                  Man, that's some serious outside the box thinking.
                  Staley's strengths do appear to translate to GM.
                  I suspect he's too passionate about calling plays on defense to consider a job upstairs.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Lol. Or the HC is Marty.
                    download (1).jpg
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Lol. Or the HC is Marty.
                      Thank you for the levity, blue. Blue & I witnessed every day of the 2006 season on this forum. Seen it happen before, fact is, it happened already with Dean Spanos. Now, that said, the relationship between AJ Smith and Marty Schottenheimer was so bad that they sat on separate sides of the field at the combine in Indy in 2004.

Which brings us back to Kellen Moore and the debate of his window in time in Los Angeles for the Chargers. To be revisited.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Marty's son was already on staff. He wanted to hire his brother. They lost O-cord(Norv) and D-cord(Wade Phillips) to head jobs. Marty had TEN previous 10+ win teams and never made a super bowl. Marty was a great regular season coach and a HORRIBLE playoff coach. AJ didn't want Rivers, LT, and the other young guys being being an experiment for Marty to see if he could finally get it right.
                        thats right, bro not son - same thing. the building had completely unqualified little spani falling out of every cubby hole and break room but they were concerned about nepotism? lol

Marty was a great coach, period. AJ made the 100% wrong call on that in retrospect and I don't buy his motives were altrustic - he was as egotistical as they come.
                        Marty would have won a SB . Absolute dumbest coach firing I have ever seen in my life in any sport of any kind.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Lol. Or the HC is Marty.
                          You missed the part where he said, "If we win in the playoffs..."

Comment

Working...
                          X