• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It wasn’t my theory I just ran with it because it kind of makes sense, read the previous two pages and it’ll make more sense, staley was looking for mcvay/shanahan guys and moore doesn't fit the profile, robinson was the favorite and suddenly moore is available and the chargers snapped him up within 24 hours! Someone else posted that this has the feel of a spanii move and I agree…
    How could it be a spanni move if according to many on here, they don’t like big name coordinators? Lol

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Confirms Staley wants to run the ball to me.
      Man I hope so and IMO our lack of a run game was a major contributor to the disaster in Jacksonville.

Comment

• rensoul
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

If the Chargers start out 2-4 or 3-6 Staley may have hired his replacement.
        I wonder if the FO is smart enough to realize that with this hire. Moore is probably more qualified than when Staley was when he was hired as HC. Moore has 4 years of OC experience and was a hot name on the coaching carousel before.
        If the offense is looking good and the defense is still mediocre/bad then I could see the change happening.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

It wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing either…just means they already know what many of us already know, that staley just isn’t the guy going forward…what are you worried about? Our defense getting worse?!
          :LOL:
          if they didn't want to keep Staley they would have moved on.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Send PM

Seems like Moore wanted out from Jerry land as likely he was told he would be even more micromanaged by McCarthy than he was previously. This is a case when calling early to ask for permission to interview coordinator candidates that aren't officially available paid off. I assume once Moore realized there was interest from the Chargers, he wanted to bolt, no pun intended.

Good hire as far as I'm concerned. Hope we can poach Zac Robinson in some capacity too to be an OC in waiting in case Moore gets an HC job after next season.

Comment

• rensoul
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

I mentioned this on page 3, it just makes too much sense, we have no one behind justin ATM and cooper is already familiar with the way moore runs his offence…it all depend son whether he’s okay leaving dallas and how he gets along with moore…
              Depends on how much Rush would cost. He'll likely get paid as a high end backup with his play as a spot starter this past season and may also want to go somewhere that he can realistically compete to be a starter. The Chargers don't have much money unless they cut a few guys and restructure a few guys. Personally, if they are going to do some cap gymnastics to bring in a Dallas guy then a guy like TE Dalton Schultz may be a higher priority than signing Rush.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
                Seems like Moore wanted out from Jerry land as likely he was told he would be even more micromanaged by McCarthy than he was previously. This is a case when calling early to ask for permission to interview coordinator candidates that aren't officially available paid off. I assume once Moore realized there was interest from the Chargers, he wanted to bolt, no pun intended.

Good hire as far as I'm concerned. Hope we can poach Zac Robinson in some capacity too to be an OC in waiting in case Moore gets an HC job.
                Be nice to benefit from someone else’s dysfunction for once.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

I think the deep game is back boys and Moore can’t wait to dial it up with the rocket arm he just inherited. :larry:

Fix the run game and get us a legit hammer to help Ek.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

What will be interesting is to see what kind of players Moore wants TT to get on O. Hopefully we have seen the last of the bottom of the roster WRs who can only play ST and block.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Send PM

I know some are saying that this isn't a Staley hiring here, but I think it is -- there's a resemblance to the Ryan Ficken hiring.

Comment

• rensoul
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
                        I know some are saying that this isn't a Staley hiring here, but I think it is -- there's a resemblance to the Ryan Ficken hiring.
                        How so? Ficken had one year of experience as a ST co-ordinator before being hired. Moore is a much more established OC and a bigger name that has been thrown around as a HC candidate for a couple seasons.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          What will be interesting is to see what kind of players Moore wants TT to get on O. Hopefully we have seen the last of the bottom of the roster WRs who can only play ST and block.
                          It’s not bad to have the latter since Ficken needs his guys too. But hopefully we get more WR that can do it all.

Comment

Working...
                          X