• Show
Clear All
  • Duck of Death
    Social Piranha
    • May 2022
    • Flyover, USA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Regarding who had most say in this hiring, I'm obviously speculating but I also believe this is a Spanos pushed hire because as many have stated, his resume suggests he's a potential HC candidate and I don't think Staley would voluntarily hire a legitimate replacement.
    despite what poppper is reporting, this looks like a spanos-driven choice as a condition for Staley.
    regardless, I'm hopeful.
    I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Justin Herbert himself pushed for KM. They already had a working relationship from doing a series of car dealership commercials together. Obviously not the same thing as real football related stuff, but I think they’ve actually known each other for years.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Now they just need to hire a DC.
      I wish! Staley should seriously consider stepping down as defensive play caller, there are some good ones still out there, give brian flores a call for pete’s sake!
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Regarding who had most say in this hiring, I'm obviously speculating but I also believe this is a Spanos pushed hire because as many have stated, his resume suggests he's a potential HC candidate and I don't think Staley would voluntarily hire a legitimate replacement.
        despite what poppper is reporting, this looks like a spanos-driven choice as a condition for Staley.
        regardless, I'm hopeful.
        I doubt that Spanos pushed all that much. I'd wager that if anyone pushed, maybe it was Herbert. Remember, Lombardi wasn't Staley's first choice, and McDaniel and O'Connell which were Staley's preference back in 2021 could have already been seen as a threat in that regard.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I wish! Staley should seriously consider stepping down as defensive play caller, there are some good ones still out there, give brian flores a call for pete’s sake!
          I'd like Ejiro Evero since he isn't being considered for the Broncos HC role any longer.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

The QB coach position is going to be very important because they will be hired with the opportunity to promote to OC if all goes well.
            since Zac is a QB coach, coad have to give him a raise in money and title, something like "qb coach and passing game coordinator"
            Hope to see someone who can/plans to be OC one day.
            I don’t think moore signed on to let staley pick his staff, moore will bring in HIS people on offense, this is why I don’t think this was staley’s idea…if staley get’s fired because his ‘chicken shit defense’ didn’t improve from years 1 & 2 then we’ll find out if this was a premeditated move…maybe staley doesn’t even finish the season as HC!
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Chargers.com : 5 Takeaways: What New OC Kellen Moore Brings to the Bolts

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2021
                • Send PM

Dallas 2nd half scoring rank with Moore as OC. Exact opposite of Lamebo.

2019 - #4, 14.3

2020 - #19, 11.8 (when Dak only played 5 games)

2021 - #4, 14.8

2022 - #1, 13.8

He knows how to make adjustments. We got a steal!

Comment

• rensoul
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Based on what I've seen from him in press conferences in doubling down on dumb decisions and a lack of accountability I doubt he would do that.

The irony is if he had the wisdom and smarts to step down as a play-caller and hire a top shelf DC it would probably help out his job security as a HC and possibly lead to less stupid game management/roster management decisions.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Stayles gonna focus on coaching defense and Moores gonna focus on coaching offense.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t think you understand the Spanos mentality. They’re not Machiavellian in the way you suggest.
                        You sure about that? Moore was rumored to be a HC candidate the year staley got hired, this might be a way for them to self-correct the staley hire, especially if there were people in the building that wanted an offensive minded coach and moore in particular to work with herbert, plus now we know there is a connection to herbert with moore? IDK, but with lame duck staley having his people fired, I don’t think staley is in any position to dictate whom they hire, the guy knows (along with most of the country) that he should’ve been fired after that jacksonville implosion…

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

I don’t think moore signed on to let staley pick his staff, moore will bring in HIS people on offense, this is why I don’t think this was staley’s idea…if staley get’s fired because his ‘chicken shit defense’ didn’t improve from years 1 & 2 then we’ll find out if this was a premeditated move…maybe staley doesn’t even finish the season as HC!
                          I doubt you'll see too much change that isn't already apparent. Moore can bring in a QB coach and pass game coordinator, and likely will have his own candidate for run game coordinator. I doubt we'll see much change in way of assistants, but we'll see. I can see it being a collaborative effort regardless. If Lombardi hadn't been the last choice for OC last year, I'm sure we'd have had a much different and better staff under either McDaniel or O'Connell.

Comment

Working...
                          X