• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I'd like Ejiro Evero since he isn't being considered for the Broncos HC role any longer.
    And I read somewhere he wants out of denver too…the bronco fan base is cracking me up right now, they thought sure thing harbaugh or sean payton, and they also thought they had a few nice fall backs and EVERYONE has stayed away from the denver job! Plus they might’ve burned their bridges with evero…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I'd like Ejiro Evero since he isn't being considered for the Broncos HC role any longer.
      If they could get him it might be the smartest decision the HC could make. Demotes himself as a play-caller and hands over the keys to a legitimate DC.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

If they could get him it might be the smartest decision the HC could make. Demotes himself as a play-caller and hands over the keys to a legitimate DC.
        unfortunately his ego or perhaps dean’s wallet or both won’t allow it…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

What I really like about Kellen Moore is this is as close as we could get to Sean Payton as being our head coach. Having an offensive minded guy. Who’s smart who’s gonna wanna work with our Quarterback and will push our Quarterback. You feel like this guy knows the game. So i feel like we’ll be prepared.

so everybody who was like they want Stayley fired. We got a new guy we got a new head coach. Kellen Moore is not coming here for one season Kellen Moore will be here for Justin Herbert’s career. 10 seasons. Kellen Moore will be here for 10 seasons.

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don’t think moore signed on to let staley pick his staff, moore will bring in HIS people on offense, this is why I don’t think this was staley’s idea…if staley get’s fired because his ‘chicken shit defense’ didn’t improve from years 1 & 2 then we’ll find out if this was a premeditated move…maybe staley doesn’t even finish the season as HC!
            They should just let Staley go now and save the suspense.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

You sure about that? Moore was rumored to be a HC candidate the year staley got hired, this might be a way for them to self-correct the staley hire, especially if there were people in the building that wanted an offensive minded coach and moore in particular to work with herbert, plus now we know there is a connection to herbert with moore? IDK, but with lame duck staley having his people fired, I don’t think staley is in any position to dictate whom they hire, the guy knows (along with most of the country) that he should’ve been fired after that jacksonville implosion…
              You’re making so many unfounded assumptions like Staley is a lame duck and having his people fired. Lombardi was his 4th choice. Hardly a guy to die on a hill for or his person. They didn’t even interview Moore when they had the HC vacancy. Plus, nothing in their history tells me they’re planning to fire Staley and want an OC who can take over. They very typically give their HC a lot of rope. 4 years for Lynn, 4 years for MCCoy and much more for Norv.

staley has had 2 years.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Doesn't need to demote himself, but at least it will take a good chunk off of his plate. They both worked well together when Staley was DC and Evero was safeties coach for the Rams in 2020. Evero has seemed to solve the defensive rushing problems prevalent in the Fangio scheme, particularly in tite formations.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Didn’t chargers practice with cowboys during training camp? If so they got a good look at Moore and vice versa.

tg
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    Huge upgrade to Lombardi.

Credit Staley for moving so fast
                    Not TT?

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Babe and Dannny Kanell are in.

Thomas "Bert" Moore, Kellen's grandfather, had already been a basketball coaching legend in the South Suburbs of Chicago, from 1950-1960 at Chicago Heights (Ill.) Bloom Township High School, where he also taught classes.

But then most probably do not know Kellen Moore has been preparing for this since he was a kid. And just maybe there is something to those genes he's inherited, going all the way back to granddad Bert, a three-sport star and highly successful high school basketball coach, and through his father Tom, a junior-college quarterback himself and highly successful prep football coach.

Saw where back in December of 2010 a story in the Idaho Statesman with Kellen Moore on his way to the Heisman Trophy ceremony quoting Kellen talking about his family's coaching background.

"They were clones, that's the thing," he said of his dad and dad's dad. "Especially now that your dad gets old and you start to recognize a lot of the traits, the white hair.

"And you know you're going right down that same trail."

How prescient now some eight years later, an extensive coaching trail at that, stretching from Chicago Heights in the '50s, to Prosser over the three decades of the '80s, '90s and aughts, to now early 2019 right here at The Star in Frisco, Texas.

Kellen, just maybe another chip off the old block.
                      Kellen Moore is a third generation coach.

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
                        Dallas 2nd half scoring rank with Moore as OC. Exact opposite of Lamebo.

2019 - #4, 14.3

2020 - #19, 11.8 (when Dak only played 5 games)

2021 - #4, 14.8

2022 - #1, 13.8

He knows how to make adjustments. We got a steal!
                        Wonder what the stats were for Lombo in the 2nd half?

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t think you understand the Spanos mentality. They’re not Machiavellian in the way you suggest.
                          Agreed. It's Occam's Razor. With the Spanos family, there is even less than meets the eye, and Dean has never read 'The Prince.'

Comment

Working...
                          X