• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because we’ve lost so many personnel including a big part of run game in Linsley. My only gripe is using Ekeler as much as they are when I think Kelly is the better receiver runner right now. But right now, I don’t know if another OC could do better.
    Runner perhaps, reciever, no. Our RBs are weak. Need to let Ek and Kelly go in FA'cy...., maybe Spiller too and draft two RBs. Draft 2 even if we keep Spiller.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Runner perhaps, reciever, no. Our RBs are weak. Need to let Ek and Kelly go in FA'cy...., maybe Spiller too and draft two RBs. Draft 2 even if we keep Spiller.
      I would not be upset if our entire RB and TE groups were replaced next year. In fact, I think we really need to.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I read that Kellen Moore is in the running for head coach of Carolina. It seems far-fetched that he'd get any consideration for a HC job, but when you consider what the owner in Carolina has done with head coaches, and their baby QB and scarcity of draft picks, Moore may be the best he can do.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

First off, let me say from the start, that I know Kellen Moore doesn't drop the passes, or miss the blocks... so it's difficult to see how the offense he has planned is supposed to look like.

But.

I've watched every game this year with him calling the plays.

And then, Last Night... I watched GB play KC... and LeFluer and Reid... their offensive gameplans look so much better.

LeFluer is doing it with a first year starter, and an offense FULL of 1st and 2nd year guys.

The lack of running game is absolutely ridiculous. And our GM doesn't draft good run blocking players. Our line gets no push on running plays. None.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I would not be upset if our entire RB and TE groups were replaced next year. In fact, I think we really need to.
            We are SEVERELY lacking in the skill positions.
            Bad drafting, bad talent evaluation. Let's give JH some weapons. Outside of Keenan, none of our guys would start anywhere else.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
              LeFluer is doing it with a first year starter, and an offense FULL of 1st and 2nd year guys.
              First year starter yes, but he sat behind an elite QB for three seasons and has full command of the offense and was totally acclimated to the NFL in his first season as a starter. It's more like the situation with Philip Rivers, who benefited from two years behind Brees and in his first year as a starter QB'd the league's top offense (with a little help from LT).

As far as their offense full of 1st and 2nd year guys - yes, I was going to post about this. The Pack in the past two drafts have stacked that offense with three quality WR and a stud TE. The TE, Musgrave is on IR now, but he is going to be good. Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs in the 2nd and 4th round in 2022. Musgrave and Jayden Reed eight picks apart in the 2nd round in 2023. They have set up Love well for success, I think the Packers are possibly a playoff sleeper, meaning I think they will get in and they could surprise and knock off one of the NFC heavyweights (and I'm not talking about Detroit).

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

First off, let me say from the start, that I know Kellen Moore doesn't drop the passes, or miss the blocks... so it's difficult to see how the offense he has planned is supposed to look like.

But.

And then, Last Night... I watched GB play KC... and LeFluer and Reid... their offensive gameplans look so much better.

The lack of running game is absolutely ridiculous. And our GM doesn't draft good run blocking players. Our line gets no push on running plays. None.
                Same here. Our coaching is so underwhelming. Wasting JH.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

"Waisting (name here)" is a weird obsession to me. the other 54 guys don't count? only one guy gets waisted.

back when I was a teen / early 20s - everyone got wasted all the time

Drunk Beer GIF
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

But.

I tuned in to the NFL+ radio broadcast and it defaulted to the NE broadcast homers (as opposed to our homers who I switched to). I was with them long enough to hear them make a really great observation. They said this is the third Charger game they have broadcast and there is no difference they can see. They said there is no rythym or apparent plan — they just run plays. I agree.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      "Waisting (name here)" is a weird obsession to me. the other 54 guys don't count? only one guy gets waisted.

back when I was a teen / early 20s - everyone got wasted all the time

Drunk Beer GIF
                      When only one guy on the team makes QB money then yeah ya better not waste his quality years or your a loser organization......which they are.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Gerald Everett has proven to be a reliable target in the passing game. If demands too much money to stay, then I won't mind letting him go though. Parham has had his moments. But he has dropped passes and not made catchable balls, and there's the fact about that he gets injured.

RB I agree. Though it's going to be sad to see Ekeler go. The position needs better players than Kelly and Spiller. The running game awful.

Comment

Working...
                          X