• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Gerald Everett has proven to be a reliable target in the passing game. If demands too much money to stay, then I won't mind letting him go though. Parham has had his moments. But he has dropped passes and not made catchable balls, and there's the fact about that he gets injured.

RB I agree. Though it's going to be sad to see Ekeler go. The position needs better players than Kelly and Spiller. The running game awful.
    Everett is pretty average. Yes he fights for yards but they don't throw to him much either. He isn't really a dynamic TE or a great blocker. He makes too much for what we are getting from him. 1 year, 4 mil or c ya and sign another cheap vet.
    I'm looking TE in the first three rounds.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Everett is pretty average. Yes he fights for yards but they don't throw to him much either. He isn't really a dynamic TE or a great blocker. He makes too much for what we are getting from him. 1 year, 4 mil or c ya and sign another cheap vet.
      I'm looking TE in the first three rounds.
      Everett also gets gassed easily, especially after a big play...u can throw to Slayer twice in a row no problem...but Everett needs to tap out after a catch to he can catch his breath...

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

The one guy on offense that plays with power and heart other than Herbo and Allen is Everett and we're itching to replace him with a rookie when most rookie TEs aren't effective?
        We need to make things easier for Herbo, not take away guys he's built rapport with. Everett should be very affordable, re-sign and find a day 3 TE.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          The one guy on offense that plays with power and heart other than Herbo and Allen is Everett and we're itching to replace him with a rookie when most rookie TEs aren't effective?
          We need to make things easier for Herbo, not take away guys he's built rapport with. Everett should be very affordable, re-sign and find a day 3 TE.
          What makes you think most rookie tight ends aren't effective? Dalton Kincaid and Sam LaPorta are having great rookie seasons, and Luke Musgrave is doing well with Green Bay. So is Michael Mayer with the Raiders.

I'm worried about using a first-round pick in the top 15 on Brock Bowers, only because I'm not sure he'll avoid injuries in the NFL, but I wouldn't be concerned if we let Everett go and replace him with a second- or third-round pick.

Comment

• BigBad
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

The offensive line is a SERIOUS PROBLEM

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
              The offensive line is a SERIOUS PROBLEM

Here's my take on our O-line's issues:

1. Despite signing a decent extension, Pip just doesn't look like a starter. So we need a solid RT.
              2. Salyer looked better at T last year than he looks at G this year. Bench Pip and try moving Salyer to RT.
              3. Zion played better with Lindsley at C. Find a solid C in FA to shore up this weakness.
              4. Clapp is not the answer at C. Need an experienced C to call out defenses and help our guards.
              5. How much does Ekkie's lack of production have to do with our ground game falloff? Is it mostly on Ek or a combination of O-line blocking issues and Ek's issues?
              6. How much does coaching have to do with our O-line's ills? Do we need a replacement at O-line coach?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Yet had we drafted Kincaid instead of QJ, ...Kincaid has about twice the production Everett has so far. Will end up over twice the production.

Everett has 29 catches for 252 yards

Kincaid has 56 for 474 and hasnt been the starter the whole season. Most of that is from the past 6 weeks. So yes im itching to replace him with a round 1 to round 3 pick and save money on the cap in the process. How much you want to pay him to keep him? He is making 8 mil this year.

Mayer in LV is also playing a lot now and being effective. LaPorta is killing it in Detroit. Musgrave has more receptions than Everettt,

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  First year starter yes, but he sat behind an elite QB for three seasons and has full command of the offense and was totally acclimated to the NFL in his first season as a starter. It's more like the situation with Philip Rivers, who benefited from two years behind Brees and in his first year as a starter QB'd the league's top offense (with a little help from LT).

As far as their offense full of 1st and 2nd year guys - yes, I was going to post about this. The Pack in the past two drafts have stacked that offense with three quality WR and a stud TE. The TE, Musgrave is on IR now, but he is going to be good. Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs in the 2nd and 4th round in 2022. Musgrave and Jayden Reed eight picks apart in the 2nd round in 2023. They have set up Love well for success, I think the Packers are possibly a playoff sleeper, meaning I think they will get in and they could surprise and knock off one of the NFC heavyweights (and I'm not talking about Detroit).
                  They also took Tucker Kraft at TE last year, in the SAME DRAFT as Musgrave. And he had some good plays the last few weeks with Musgrave out.
                  (Tucker Kraft is a South Dakota State grad, and I'm a big fan of his.)

The terrible thing is, they DID invest in the OLine...4 of those starters were drafted in the past 5 years. (and they drafted a few more, as well... McFadden 2023, the two last year that start, Jameis in 2021,

They did invest in WR's, they drafted Palmer and QJ... Remember Joe Reed? How about KJ Hill?
                  and they did try to draft a backup running back. Josh Kelley 4th round, Larry Rountree 6th round, Isaiah Spiller 4th round...
                  That's 3 draft picks for a backup running back, and they all stink.

A lot of bad selections. A lot.

Telesco isn't it. He just can't do the job.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

What makes you think most rookie tight ends aren't effective? Dalton Kincaid and Sam LaPorta are having great rookie seasons, and Luke Musgrave is doing well with Green Bay. So is Michael Mayer with the Raiders.

I'm worried about using a first-round pick in the top 15 on Brock Bowers, only because I'm not sure he'll avoid injuries in the NFL, but I wouldn't be concerned if we let Everett go and replace him with a second- or third-round pick.
                    You have to factor in the fact that our coaches can't coach up rookie players very well. Our team needs 2-3 years because of this...other teams spend money on competent assistant coaches...
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You have to factor in the fact that our coaches can't coach up rookie players very well. Our team needs 2-3 years because of this...other teams spend money on competent assistant coaches...
                      Again most of the woes of this team start at the very top.The stink starts very high then trickles down.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

When only one guy on the team makes QB money then yeah ya better not waste his quality years or your a loser organization......which they are.
                        nobody was talking about The Poor Chargers wasting Charger years. Everyone is talking about poor Herbie wasting Herbie years. The tone and intent was very clear. I think all players matter and if being a winner is important than its important to all of them - not just the QB. he doesnt get special "wasted years sympathy" from me. He gets the exact same.

He makes over $50M a year to play football, he doesn't need any sympathy from you either He is playing with guys that might make $900k in one year and then get bounced out of the league forever. Never back again. Just - gone. Bye. Feel bad for them if you need to feel.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm holding out hope that will change when we hire Harbaugh around January 20.

Comment

Working...
                          X