• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

nobody was talking about The Poor Chargers wasting Charger years. Everyone is talking about poor Herbie wasting Herbie years. The tone and intent was very clear. I think all players matter and if being a winner is important than its important to all of them - not just the QB. he doesnt get special "wasted years sympathy" from me. He gets the exact same.

He makes over $50M a year to play football, he doesn't need any sympathy from you either He is playing with guys that might make $900k in one year and then get bounced out of the league forever. Never back again. Just - gone. Bye. Feel bad for them if you need to feel.
    I don't feel emotionally bad for any NFL football player as I bust my ass to keep food on the table.I just hate seeing this team have Another really solid QB and still the Spanus band of idiots continue trippin over themselves finding new was to suck as owners.Wasting another great QBs career and all of us paying fans time again should be grounds for forcing them to finally sell and get the F outta town already.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

I don't feel emotionally bad for any NFL football player as I bust my ass to keep food on the table.I just hate seeing this team have Another really solid QB and still the Spanus band of idiots continue trippin over themselves finding new was to suck as owners.Wasting another great QBs career and all of us paying fans time again should be grounds for forcing them to finally sell and get the F outta town already.
      now you're getting somewhere. I don't see the Spani selling unless some weird Deana trust-clause lawyer bait trickaroo forces it.

The kids all work there - they fucking love being top dogs in an NFL Team and who the fuck wouldn't? Where can you get that kind of access to entertainment, financial and political elites while having no notable skills?

Not only, that, they can just pay each other several million $ per year salary while they are riding their funboat in the meantime as the value of the team just goes up. Its more than enough to live comfortably on when half of their cost of living gets charged to the team reimbursement department anyway. they get to live high, swing their dicks in the fancy rooms with the shooters, go to awesome parties, events, galas, blah blah without ever earning their way into the room.

And each night they can go home and sleep soundly, knowing that nothing they do can ever get them fired and if they ever do get tired of it, they'll get hundreds more millions.

Its a sweet dream. Nope. No chance they gonna sell imo.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's my take on our O-line's issues:

1. Despite signing a decent extension, Pip just doesn't look like a starter. So we need a solid RT.
        2. Salyer looked better at T last year than he looks at G this year. Bench Pip and try moving Salyer to RT.
        3. Zion played better with Lindsley at C. Find a solid C in FA to shore up this weakness.
        4. Clapp is not the answer at C. Need an experienced C to call out defenses and help our guards.
        5. How much does Ekkie's lack of production have to do with our ground game falloff? Is it mostly on Ek or a combination of O-line blocking issues and Ek's issues?
        6. How much does coaching have to do with our O-line's ills? Do we need a replacement at O-line coach?
        I was hoping that they would let Salyer and Pipkins fight it out at RT. I don't think either is good enough to be the kind of player you want starting. At this point, Pipkins is probably a decent swing OT (although overpaid for it). And I think Pipkins inconsistency is hurting Salyer. I am hoping that McFadden can develop and take an OG spot, so that Salyer can move outside.

Clapp was never intended as a full-time starter. He was the backup, and the more he plays the more he is exposed. We wanted a vet backup, instead of a developing younger player and it hurts us. But it is hard to find a vet C who is any good and willing to sit as a backup. I like the sentiment, but I don't think it is realistic. There are plenty of teams who don't have decent C starting let alone backing up.

The OL looked dazed and confused last year. They look dazed and confused this year. I was willing to give them some slack early on, new scheme and all, but the number of blown assignments and mental mistakes on technique is getting old, new scheme or not. I think it is a lot about coaching. Some of it is Moore, and some of it the OL coaches (we have an OL position guy and an assistant).

The OL run blocking is a big problem. I don't know how much of the problem is Ek and his contract, but good RB need to run hard and hit the hole hard. Our OL is allowing too much penetration and the RB CAN'T run hard, or at least don't have the confidence the hole will be there. But even on well-blocked plays, you aren't getting everything out of the RB you could.

It also hurts the playcalling. Look a the NE game last week. There were some good runs, but there were a lot of 1st & 2nd down negative runs in there. If we had been playing anyone with an offense, we have had to go away from the run late in the 4th quarter, and we give that other offense another shot (or 2 or 10) because we couldn't run the clock out. How many of our close game losses can be avoided by putting Herbert in a better position late, instead of forcing 3rd and 10 or longer drive after drive? And how many drives in the 3rd quarter could we actually get going and get some momentum and field position just by being able to set up some 3rd and makeable, instead of the 3rd and forevers we always seem to have under Staley?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I was hoping that they would let Salyer and Pipkins fight it out at RT. I don't think either is good enough to be the kind of player you want starting. At this point, Pipkins is probably a decent swing OT (although overpaid for it). And I think Pipkins inconsistency is hurting Salyer. I am hoping that McFadden can develop and take an OG spot, so that Salyer can move outside.

Clapp was never intended as a full-time starter. He was the backup, and the more he plays the more he is exposed. We wanted a vet backup, instead of a developing younger player and it hurts us. But it is hard to find a vet C who is any good and willing to sit as a backup. I like the sentiment, but I don't think it is realistic. There are plenty of teams who don't have decent C starting let alone backing up.

The OL looked dazed and confused last year. They look dazed and confused this year. I was willing to give them some slack early on, new scheme and all, but the number of blown assignments and mental mistakes on technique is getting old, new scheme or not. I think it is a lot about coaching. Some of it is Moore, and some of it the OL coaches (we have an OL position guy and an assistant).

The OL run blocking is a big problem. I don't know how much of the problem is Ek and his contract, but good RB need to run hard and hit the hole hard. Our OL is allowing too much penetration and the RB CAN'T run hard, or at least don't have the confidence the hole will be there. But even on well-blocked plays, you aren't getting everything out of the RB you could.

It also hurts the playcalling. Look a the NE game last week. There were some good runs, but there were a lot of 1st & 2nd down negative runs in there. If we had been playing anyone with an offense, we have had to go away from the run late in the 4th quarter, and we give that other offense another shot (or 2 or 10) because we couldn't run the clock out. How many of our close game losses can be avoided by putting Herbert in a better position late, instead of forcing 3rd and 10 or longer drive after drive? And how many drives in the 3rd quarter could we actually get going and get some momentum and field position just by being able to set up some 3rd and makeable, instead of the 3rd and forevers we always seem to have under Staley?
          ^ This...I think a lot of our O-line issues go back to coaching...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

now you're getting somewhere. I don't see the Spani selling unless some weird Deana trust-clause lawyer bait trickaroo forces it.

The kids all work there - they fucking love being top dogs in an NFL Team and who the fuck wouldn't? Where can you get that kind of access to entertainment, financial and political elites while having no notable skills?

Not only, that, they can just pay each other several million $ per year salary while they are riding their funboat in the meantime as the value of the team just goes up. Its more than enough to live comfortably on when half of their cost of living gets charged to the team reimbursement department anyway. they get to live high, swing their dicks in the fancy rooms with the shooters, go to awesome parties, events, galas, blah blah without ever earning their way into the room.

And each night they can go home and sleep soundly, knowing that nothing they do can ever get them fired and if they ever do get tired of it, they'll get hundreds more millions.

Its a sweet dream. Nope. No chance they gonna sell imo.
            ^ And THIS, folks, more than any other reason, is why the Spani most probably don't want to sell the team...face it, Deano and Johnboy apparently enjoy schmoozing with all the stars, all those bodacious babes, hosting the celebrities and maybe even some of the high rollers in their luxury boxes...all while making a feeble attempt to field a team at minimum cost...sure beats peddling baloney sandwiches out of a catering truck to farmworkers in Stockton like Papa Spanos did...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

^ This...I think a lot of our O-line issues go back to coaching...
              Me too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

^ And THIS, folks, more than any other reason, is why the Spani most probably don't want to sell the team...face it, Deano and Johnboy apparently enjoy schmoozing with all the stars, all those bodacious babes, hosting the celebrities and maybe even some of the high rollers in their luxury boxes...all while making a feeble attempt to field a team at minimum cost...sure beats peddling baloney sandwiches out of a catering truck to farmworkers in Stockton like Papa Spanos did...
                all the people screaming “Spanos Suck” and “Spani Sell” are not the people in their luxury boxes and parties. People have been screaming and yelling that for over 20 years, how’s it affected them so far? Lol …

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                  First off, let me say from the start, that I know Kellen Moore doesn't drop the passes, or miss the blocks... so it's difficult to see how the offense he has planned is supposed to look like.

But.

I've watched every game this year with him calling the plays.

And then, Last Night... I watched GB play KC... and LeFluer and Reid... their offensive gameplans look so much better.

LeFluer is doing it with a first year starter, and an offense FULL of 1st and 2nd year guys.

The lack of running game is absolutely ridiculous. And our GM doesn't draft good run blocking players. Our line gets no push on running plays. None.

Any comments on how Dak is having an MVP season, one year removed from Moore?
                  Last year Dak stunk .... they haven't made any changes to the offense personnel wise.

Herbert is arguably having his worst season. Dak and Purdy have passed him in everybodies eyes .... so is Herbert a top 10 qb this year?

Staley loves complexity and was no doubt fetched by Moore's offense for that reason in scrimmages with the Cowboy's last year.
                  When players go down in those systems, new guys throw the entire thing off with timing and handling assignments.

I'd give a mulligan to Salyer, and maybe even Quentin Johnson and a few others this year.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

all the people screaming “Spanos Suck” and “Spani Sell” are not the people in their luxury boxes and parties. People have been screaming and yelling that for over 20 years, how’s it affected them so far? Lol …
                    The only people that care are the lifers in here. The rest of the population is gleefully going about their lives not caring one bit.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Any comments on how Dak is having an MVP season, one year removed from Moore?
                      Last year Dak stunk .... they haven't made any changes to the offense personnel wise.

Herbert is arguably having his worst season. Dak and Purdy have passed him in everybodies eyes .... so is Herbert a top 10 qb this year?

Staley loves complexity and was no doubt fetched by Moore's offense for that reason in scrimmages with the Cowboy's last year.
                      When players go down in those systems, new guys throw the entire thing off with timing and handling assignments.

I'd give a mulligan to Salyer, and maybe even Quentin Johnson and a few others this year.
                      This brings up a good point.

Complex schemes require continuity to suceed.

NFL injuries happen, especially Chargers injuries.

A simple scheme would allow the team to continue high level play with moving parts.

Comment

• BigBad
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Pass protection plans and execution has been bad all year and culminated in a Herbert injury.

F for Moore this season.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

a sweet dream. Nope. No chance they gonna sell imo.
                          I don’t see the Spanii out and about town in fancy rooms. They’re pariahs in LA and SD. LA doesn’t give a shit about loser trust fund babies. Those are a dime a dozen up here

Comment

Working...
                          X