• Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Welcome to the Spanos shit show Kellen
    You're the voice of the Uncle at the Thanksgiving dinner party, who's on his fifth Jack & Coke and greets his niece's new fiance with "You look like a complete loser. You'll fit right in!"

Love ya, brother! lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

am all for reinforcements for the lines, but can you really say that ALL RBs run alike ?? as mentioned before, Ryan Mathews gained +1 YPC over ALL other Charger backs that year.
      Mathews imo was a good RB, just injury prone and had some fumbles.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Mathews imo was a good RB, just injury prone and had some fumbles.
        You know who reminds me of Mathews? Chase Brown...watched a lot of Illini football this year, and thats the comparison that popped into my head.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

am all for reinforcements for the lines, but can you really say that ALL RBs run alike ?? as mentioned before, Ryan Mathews gained +1 YPC over ALL other Charger backs that year.
          RB could perhaps be considered discretionary if we had no OL because yes with no OL, a great back will struggle. But we’ve invested heavily in OL while living with JAGs at RB for years. You are 100% right, an elite RB adds a dimension to an offense and great RB is different than a JAG RB. Now defenses need to actually pay attention, real attention, that means less attention elsewhere. an elite RB will still make “difference” plays even with that added attention, thats what elite is.

What we have now is an elite 3rd down specialty back that we have to use as a 3-down power back because we don’t have an elite power back and all of our other RBs are JAGs. Imagine the creative options if we had both Bijan AND Eke. Eke could go anywhere in the formation, line up at any skill position

I’m personally tired of TT’s JAG-hope strategy of late rd UDFA fliers. He’s found one (Eke) in the last 7 years. I am jealous of teams that have an elite RB. We see the difference on those teams, don’t deny your lying eyes. I love the idea of an elite RB in Rd 1, perhaps even slightly more than WR1 or TE1 but would accept BPE in that group. Give Herbie weapons!
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You know who reminds me of Mathews? Chase Brown...watched a lot of Illini football this year, and thats the comparison that popped into my head.
            I can see that but Brown isn't as big..

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

who did Anthony Ray "hire" for OC/DC.... or did he "inherit" the both of Gus 'n the Wiz ??

and can pretty much guarantee 'twasn't Telesco driving things, and.... really don't see an obvious mesh between Brandon and Kellen ??

and obviously really don't know, but how are you so sure young John wasn't behind this hire ?? let alone and not without some guidance from on high/Deano....

Moore is a high floor guy that has already shown he can deliver a top 5 O.... the other guys we sat w/were largely unproven/a matter of some fairly gross speculation.

biz decision me thinx, and.... not that I don't think Moore wasn't a sensible hire, as thinkin' we're gonna do just fine next season on O, and.... just as much due to our health as to our OC/HC.
              Whiz he probably inherited.

Gus he went out and got

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Recent NFL Draft historical trends show that this is slightly out of the ordinary. Here are the amount of running backs selected in the first round in recent years:
                • 2021: 2 (Najee Harris 24th, Travis Etienne 25th)
                • 2020: 1 (Clyde Edwards-Helaire 32nd)
                • 2019: 1 (Josh Jacobs 24th)
                • 2018: 3 (Saquon Barkley 2nd, Rashaad Penny 27th, Sony Michel 31st)
                • 2017: 2 (Leonard Fournette 4th, Christian McCaffrey 8th)
                • 2016: 1 (Ezekiel Elliott 4th)
                • 2015: 2 (Todd Gurley 10th, Melvin Gordon 15th)

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Moore had been pretty good but if you want a culture change, Dean needs to sell the team! Which, I'm firmly behind that decision lol.
                  Yeah, I guess I'm just hoping against hope. I suppose the ultimate goal is for that to happen, but like most of us I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• rensoul
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    Recent NFL Draft historical trends show that this is slightly out of the ordinary. Here are the amount of running backs selected in the first round in recent years:
                    • 2021: 2 (Najee Harris 24th, Travis Etienne 25th)
                    • 2020: 1 (Clyde Edwards-Helaire 32nd)
                    • 2019: 1 (Josh Jacobs 24th)
                    • 2018: 3 (Saquon Barkley 2nd, Rashaad Penny 27th, Sony Michel 31st)
                    • 2017: 2 (Leonard Fournette 4th, Christian McCaffrey 8th)
                    • 2016: 1 (Ezekiel Elliott 4th)
                    • 2015: 2 (Todd Gurley 10th, Melvin Gordon 15th)

I've seen the common arguments against drafting a RB high because of positional value in a "passing league.' etc. But I think part of this thinking is also cyclical with how the styles of play change and adapt. Safeties/WR's are considered much more valuable than they used to be for example.

Now with more teams running 2 high defenses I think a trend towards RB's being seen as more valuable will happen because the easiest way to beat 2 high schemes is to simply run the ball down the other team's throat.
                    Not as valuable as RB's were looked at in the 80's but I think that less people will think drafting a 1st round RB is a mistake.

Also, many teams may not even have 20 1st round grades on players in a draft so selecting a RB from the 20's on makes sense if a team has a 1st round grade on the player.

Getting 5 years of cheap high end play for a late first isn't a bad option. Paying a RB a high end 2nd contract is where the high risk is imo.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

It's risky to pick a RB in the 1st. T. Gurley, S. Michel and M. Gordon don't deserve it.
                      But if you think you got a S. Barckley or a C. McCaffrey, go for it.
                      But it's not often you have that quality RB at 21 !

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Midwest
                        • Local 150 operating engineer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        It's risky to pick a RB in the 1st. T. Gurley, S. Michel and M. Gordon don't deserve it.
                        But if you think you got a S. Barckley or a C. McCaffrey, go for it.
                        But it's not often you have that quality RB at 21 !
                        I think the FO always thinks they have a home run RB if they pick one in the 1st.

Just don't always work out that way.

On a side note - I always thought if MG3 could have held on to the ball, his career might have looked a heck of a lot different in hindsight.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

I can see that but Brown isn't as big..
                          Wow...kinda remember him closer to Ekelors size...205ish..getting old I guess...he did have about 10 to 15 pounds on Chase when he came out...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X