• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Shula is really the only extremely successful head coach. It doesn’t strike me as some magical football factory, more like guys know each other and they have an effective alumni network. The old people hire people they’re comfortable with and hence you have something like the Rooney rule. I’m not convinced these are the best people. Telesco is an alumni and he hired Staley who also has a connection to John Carrol. Should he have hired Daboll instead? Probably yes. Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio are both John Carroll guys. Smarmy little mfr’s. Neither successful once they left NE and Belichick.

you want to talk about a real impactful football factory? Look no further than San Diego in the 60’s. Sid Gilman, Don Coryell, John Madden and Al Davis. All coaching together in the same city
    Didn’t Joe Gibbs come from the Montezume Factory too?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Didn’t Joe Gibbs come from the Montezume Factory too?
      Yes, you are absolutely correct. Only adds to the luster.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Seems many here are giving Steichen accolades for being the OC to help the Eagles reach the SB but one ex Eagle is glad he is gone and is upset he wasn't utilized right there.

Miles Sanders isn't happy he was under used in the SB. He only had 7 carries in the SB and wasn't happy he wasn't utilized in the passing game more in recent seasons, including last season.

But, with Hurts running too much (this is my opinion, Sanders didn't say this)when his 1st progression and maybe 2nd isn't open, he took off instead of checking down.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-miles-sa...gn=Twitter_atn

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Seems many here are giving Steichen accolades for being the OC to help the Eagles reach the SB but one ex Eagle is glad he is gone and is upset he wasn't utilized right there.

Miles Sanders isn't happy he was under used in the SB. He only had 7 carries in the SB and wasn't happy he wasn't utilized in the passing game more in recent seasons, including last season.

But, with Hurts running too much (this is my opinion, Sanders didn't say this)when his 1st progression and maybe 2nd isn't open, he took off instead of checking down.

Sanders may have a point but I don't see how this reflects poorly on Steichen.
          If that's the argument, I'd call it a stretch imo.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Lol., Dean and Son have hired HCs with far less experience than that.
            Like Staley . . . . . . . . .

Moore's price tag would appeal to ownership, Harbaugh's most definitely would not. Not hard to figure out which way they would go.

EDIT: We really need new ownership . . . . . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Sanders had his best season in 2022 and they moved on from him. He’s salty that he didn’t get a lot of looks in the Super Bowl but 7 for 16 doesn’t scream give him the ball to me. KC was focused on stopping the run game of the Eagles in the Super Bowl. I wouldn’t bitch too much about Steichen if I was Sanders. Bottom line, Steichen is a better OC than Lombardi and Staley made a mistake not keeping him around.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sanders may have a point but I don't see how this reflects poorly on Steichen.
                If that's the argument, I'd call it a stretch imo.
                I'm not saying it reflects poorly on Steichen but rather he isn't exactly the savant some are calling him here since they went to a SB. Even more so since he left after plenty of posters wanted him gone from here. I'm sure there would be complaints here as there were when he was here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Sanders had his best season in 2022 and they moved on from him. He’s salty that he didn’t get a lot of looks in the Super Bowl but 7 for 16 doesn’t scream give him the ball to me. KC was focused on stopping the run game of the Eagles in the Super Bowl. I wouldn’t bitch too much about Steichen if I was Sanders. Bottom line, Steichen is a better OC than Lombardi and Staley made a mistake not keeping him around.
                  They also didn't use him in the passing game much after his rookie year when he had 50 receptions. I'm not arguing at all that Lombo was better than Steichen lol. He could have done better and I don't blame him for not retaining Steichen. Let the HC pick his staff.
                  This place is just weird. Complain when they are here, praise when they aren't. We'll see how well he does in Indy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Well said. You could have opened with this and then stopped.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I'm not saying it reflects poorly on Steichen but rather he isn't exactly the savant some are calling him here since they went to a SB. Even more so since he left after plenty of posters wanted him gone from here. I'm sure there would be complaints here as there were when he was here.
                      There are complaints about every coordinator on every team by fans. I too remember that there were an awful lot of posters here who were happy to move on from him and the selective memory is kicking in with the Eagles having some success. Most coordinators would look good calling plays with that line and running game to go along with a really good D. It will be interesting to see how the Eagles look this year with a new OC and how the Colts look under Steichen as he is planning on calling the plays there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There are complaints about every coordinator on every team by fans. I too remember that there were an awful lot of posters here who were happy to move on from him and the selective memory is kicking in with the Eagles having some success. Most coordinators would look good calling plays with that line and running game to go along with a really good D. It will be interesting to see how the Eagles look this year with a new OC and how the Colts look under Steichen as he is planning on calling the plays there.
                        This. There was much less concern about him leaving when he left.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Spiller is going to be Ezekiel Elliot.

Comment

Working...
                          X