• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SK21209
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2020
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

The Cowboys haven’t had an elite offensive line for a few seasons new, for whatever reasons the national perception is that they have the same dominant offensive line they had in like 2016. Their offensive line the last couple of years is no better than ours was last year with Slater healthy and Feiler playing well.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
      I like that he has experience calling plays. Not a 1st time coordinator.

I like some of the Stats his Dallas teams had. And Herbert is a much better passer than Dak.

However, I do have some reservations as the Cowboys are known for having a good offensive line. (Deserved or not.) I know they struggled a bit this year.

I do think, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but McCarthy is a West Coast Offense guy too... so even if the play calling isn't the same, the terminology should be?
      (I bring up because the WCO is known for being pretty verbose)

I'm a big wait and see guy, but I do like some of the things posters have been saying about him.
      It’s a mishmash of different schemes put together.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Pieces we don't have. And arguably don't even have the QB they had. But between Dak and King Checkdown, I don't know who is more afraid/hesitant to go deep.

The few Cowboys fans I know were happy to see him go, but he had been there a few years so maybe he wore out his welcome.
        King checkdown?

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Can go head to head against Reid. Not just the best OC available, but top 3 in the league.
          Not sure you are right, top 3, but I hope so. I like that you said it either way.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

King checkdown?

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

• LinksterAC
              San Diego Chargers Fan
              • Sep 2022
              • San Diego County
              • Send PM

Pieces we don't have. And arguably don't even have the QB they had. But between Dak and King Checkdown, I don't know who is more afraid/hesitant to go deep.

The few Cowboys fans I know were happy to see him go, but he had been there a few years so maybe he wore out his welcome.
              like Dak a lot, but I'd take Herbert over him easily.

Installing a new OC to an offense is like installing a new operating system to a computer. The same hardware can work *very* differently. I'm wait-and-see until they hit the field, but I think denigrating Herbert & comparing him unfavorably to Prescott is a bit silly.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

Btw, I think Kellen and Herb were already friends. They do these cheesy, but amusing TV commercials together (with Leighton Vander Esch) for a car dealership in Oregon & Idaho.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                  I like that he has experience calling plays. Not a 1st time coordinator.

I like some of the Stats his Dallas teams had. And Herbert is a much better passer than Dak.

However, I do have some reservations as the Cowboys are known for having a good offensive line. (Deserved or not.) I know they struggled a bit this year.

I do think, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but McCarthy is a West Coast Offense guy too... so even if the play calling isn't the same, the terminology should be?
                  (I bring up because the WCO is known for being pretty verbose)

I'm a big wait and see guy, but I do like some of the things posters have been saying about him.
                  LAC has good - very good OL personnel. We need to get them to play like it. Hopefully Moore helps them along.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Fangio went to the Dolphins.

I don't think there are any plans for a new DC so we are going to live with another year of Staley/Hill - for better or worse!

Dean Spanos and 'highest paid coordinator in the league' will never appear in the same sentence.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Interesting. My Cowboy fan friends hate McCarthy and are really down about Moore leaving. They believe the wrong coach was let go.....

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Sun Valley, ID
                        • Send PM

None of us know what went on in Dallas. Eventually I think they'll find Kellen did really well with the QB he had. IMO, Moore must feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of his shoulders. No more meddling from Jerry. Dak may be adequate, but will probably never be elite. Kellen has a potentially elite talent to work with now and I think we are going to see he and Herbert blossom and take it to the next level.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

But this was the one consistent knock against him, even by complimentary Dallas fans. Stretch run on first down, always.
                          One SB and he can become HC.

Definitely the best available option.

Credit to front office has to be given.

Comment

Working...
                          X