Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think so too. Never know. I don’t really buy the can’t win big one shit, too much random chance. Byner fumble a foot from the goal line isn’t bad coaching. McCree too dumb to not just knock it down, and if caught just go to ground - thats not something a coach can prevent and no excuse. Meh - he made winner out of terminal losers - he did it in Phil, KC and SD. Bad coaches don’t do that.

I think we're in the minority
    Fixed it for you.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

100% agree.
      I really like Flowers but his size concerns me. And Downs.
      Some might say Davonte Smith isn't big either and true. He is skinny and surprised he is holding up.
      But he also isn't a YAC guy and getting hit more. But Flowers.....he is dynamic.
      I like Hyatt, Addison, Tillman, . love Mims.

Not sold on Quintin Johnson yet.
      Genetics & smarts helps: Charlie Joiner said that he studied the shoulder a particular safety liked to hit with and his routes would go to that other shoulder.

Tyreek Hill on the other hand is indestructable: but i don't remember him running a route that got him blown up by a safety waiting for him to land.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Just for truth - people keep saying Spanos is too cheap to hire an experienced coach but they hired Marty after he had taken both the Browns and the Chiefs to the AFC championship game. He must have cost a bit more than a rookie HC would have cost.

This is a small-scale thing but I want to also mention that back when I agreed to help them start the CMB they were always both kind and generous to me.

I still believe Marty would have led this team to the Super Bowl if they had kept him around and canned AJ.
        They got Marty on a discount: Snyder was paying in part his salary in San Diego.

From the AP:
        Schottenheimer, a former division rival, signed a four-year, $10 million contract Tuesday. He can make an additional $7 million in incentives. Some of the salary will be picked up by the Redskins, who fired Schottenheimer on Jan. 13 with three years left on his contract.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          If the Chargers kept Marty two more years,
          Chargers could have 1 or 2 SuperBowl appearance in 2007, 2008, at least !
          Two more year with Snyder no longer helping to pay his salary?

I wonder how much that weighed in Spanos's decision to fire him.

Norv was a two time loser who no doubt came cheap.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            Skip Bayless likes the Chargers to be the AFC representative next year. It would be some storyline; Chargers going to the Super Bowl in a stadium where they ended the season trying to make the playoffs but missed in 2021.

Comment

• Florida fan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Jags and Texans have never reached a SB.
              I’m sure you have seen the chaos and revolving coaching door at those two organizations.

Comment

• Florida fan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They got Marty on a discount: Snyder was paying in part his salary in San Diego.

From the AP:
                Schottenheimer, a former division rival, signed a four-year, $10 million contract Tuesday. He can make an additional $7 million in incentives. Some of the salary will be picked up by the Redskins, who fired Schottenheimer on Jan. 13 with three years left on his contract.
                Your making to much common sense, nobody wants to believe owners medal to much in their own business. Just because you can build buildings doesn’t mean you can build a football team with low paid inexperienced coaches. Just imagine if Miami drafted Herbert and not Tua.

Comment

• Florida fan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Genetics & smarts helps: Charlie Joiner said that he studied the shoulder a particular safety liked to hit with and his routes would go to that other shoulder.

Tyreek Hill on the other hand is indestructable: but i don't remember him running a route that got him blown up by a safety waiting for him to land.
                  Kielce and Tyreek both would be banged up. Just add a little duck tape and they are back on field crushing it and winning games.

Just thing about the Chiefs
                  Andy Reid already considered one of the best Coaches in history
                  mahomes will be a top 5 QB in history if an injury doesn’t happen
                  Kelce is already considered best TE of all time. 3rd rd pick.
                  T Hill could have become one of the best WR if he took hometown discount.

we have non of that. Your either a P.O. contender or your not.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Skip Bayless likes the Chargers to be the AFC representative next year. It would be some storyline; Chargers going to the Super Bowl in a stadium where they ended the season trying to make the playoffs but missed in 2021.
                      It hurts to repeatedly hear how we squandered away our 27 point lead.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                        DB coach and passing game coordinator for Browns.
                        I wonder if this implies that our LBs will be emphasis pass defense.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                          We don't have ILB, so who is he going to coach? Murray? What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                          X