• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Somebody on PBs posted a vid of Moore's Dal offense with commentary. I didn't find it. Sorry.
    Good stuff. He adds a lot to the basic concepts Lombardi was using.
    Expect better running, more scoring, particularly 3rd-4th quarters.
    It's scary !

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Steven from GAC podcast had a visceral reaction to watching Quintin Johnston, he said, "he's 6'4" and plays like he's 5'10"

Haha. I didn't notice that on his highlights, but I also haven't gotten deep into his tape.
      The long TD he caught in the playoff game against Michigan was so weird. He seemed stiff and rigid but then he out ran the whole Michigan defense! I just don't know what to think of the dude!
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Steven from GAC podcast had a visceral reaction to watching Quintin Johnston, he said, "he's 6'4" and plays like he's 5'10"

Haha. I didn't notice that on his highlights, but I also haven't gotten deep into his tape.
        I actually haven't watched a lot of his tape yet but idk, he did nothing against Georgia. Duggan was terrible as well so that don't help.
        I just need to see more of his tape.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

i truly hope your correct. Pollard it the better Rb. EZ will be gone and Dallas willl retain and build around Dak. So my hope is Moore was not best fit for Daks style and will align better with a passing QB.
          On owners and HC, you will need several more seasons and P.O. wins to debate that.
          Jags and Texans have never reached a SB.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Compared to Lombardi this guy gets it....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

For being the NEW OC, he sure says, "we a lot".
              none of that included KM.
              Ha.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                Compared to Lombardi this guy gets it....

Thanks! I can't get enough of how Moore sees and thinks offense. No question why Staley snapped him up.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I've also read and heard how he's not good or a good fit or whatever. I'm gonna hold a cautiously-optimistic view of him for now.

Comment

• perryao
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m not seeing the advantage of a wealthy owner in the two examples you provided though. Think about higher priced HCs for example and then look at some of the current winning HCs in the league. How many of them were originally high priced?
                    People forget that just because every team has a salary cap, wealthy owners have an advantage because there is virtually no limit in any other costs. It's real, and it has an effect, imo. I respect your opinion though.

But let's use a real world example. In 2013 the Chargers needed a head coach. The Chargers hired Mike McCoy. The Chiefs hired Andy Reid. You can't tell me you thought Mac was a better hire than Reid. Dean has never hired a star HC and wouldn't have been able to hire Sean Payton, as many here wanted. Won't do it. Can't afford it.
                    Another example is building a stadium- look what Kreonke did, no way could Dean do that and it was a factor in the league going with Kreonke over Dean/Davis.
                    I will say that since Staley has been hired, the Spanos seemed to have had no problem hiring the coaches he wants, including a sports science director. Not to mention that they’re setting up a fancy new sports facility for the team. Player contracts don’t seem to be a problem either. If they want someone, they’ve paid them for good or bad as we’ve seen this past season.
                    "Since Staley was hired..." is faint praise. This year is an outlier as far as player moves. We'll see if they continue. I love the new training facility. I wonder who is paying for it?

EDIT: Clarity

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
                      People forget that just because every team has a salary cap, wealthy owners have an advantage because there is virtually no limit in any other costs. It's real, and it has an effect, imo. I respect your opinion though.

But let's use a real world example. In 2013 the Chargers needed a head coach. The Chargers hired Mike McCoy. The Chiefs hired Andy Reid. You can't tell me you thought Mac was a better hire than Reid. Dean has never hired a star HC and wouldn't have been able to hire Sean Payton, as many here wanted. Won't do it. Can't afford it.
                      Another example is building a stadium- look what Kreonke did, no way could Dean do that and it was a factor in the league going with Kreonke over Dean/Davis.
                      "Since Staley was hired..." is faint praise. This year is an outlier as far as player moves. We'll see if they continue. I love the new training facility. I wonder who is paying for it?

EDIT: Clarity
                      The Spano are paying for the new training facility.

As for Reid vs McCoy, it was unknown at the time who would be better. Reid had just crashed and burned the last two seasons with the Eagles. McCoy was viewed as the new hot upcoming OC. It didn’t work out for us unfortunately. A lot of people on this board wanted Urban Meyer since he was a winning HC, abeit in college, but he proved to be a horrible and expensive hire for the Jags.

As for stadiums, Kroenke is probably the only owner is the NFL who could do what he did. Every other owner, regardless of wealth, has gotten public financing for their stadium. It just is for good or bad.

Since you also brought up Kroenke, was he cheap since he only paid McVay $2 million a year when he first hired him in 2017?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The Spano are paying for the new training facility.

As for Reid vs McCoy, it was unknown at the time who would be better. Reid had just crashed and burned the last two seasons with the Eagles. McCoy was viewed as the new hot upcoming OC. It didn’t work out for us unfortunately. A lot of people on this board wanted Urban Meyer since he was a winning HC, abeit in college, but he proved to be a horrible and expensive hire for the Jags.

As for stadiums, Kroenke is probably the only owner is the NFL who could do what he did. Every other owner, regardless of wealth, has gotten public financing for their stadium. It just is for good or bad.

Since you also brought up Kroenke, was he cheap since he only paid McVay $2 million a year when he first hired him in 2017?
                        Lots of good points. But Reid vs McCoy. I think you better rethink that.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Lots of good points. But Reid vs McCoy. I think you better rethink that.
                          I remember the discussions and media pundit opinions on the old board in 2013. In hindsight, sure it would have been nice to have him. But people were worried that he wouldn’t be a good fit because Rivers was a statue.

Comment

Working...
                          X