• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm going to guess it's on the lower side of 42-48%.

Last year: Chargers run/pass was 36.2/63.8%.

Where I'd like to see them run better/more is in the redzone. Their redzone scoring (TD) rate was @ 54.55%
    For comparison, Dallas led the league with a 71.43%. Followed by KC (71.08) and Philly (68.00).

Moore's Dallas O- 48.9R/ 51.1P
    Granted we're not Dallas. I just don't believe Moore will be comfortable without a reliable run game. I believe he was talking about OL run blocking when he said we will find some things we do well. Playing the D like an accordion and controlling game tempo are two benefits.
    I'm comfortable with my guess. We'll have to wait & see.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • Send PM

The reality hiding in plain sight for me is GM and HC know they must beat Fat Andy 2 out of 3 times, w/last game being in playoffs, in order to be a Charger employee next year. Also Moore’s recent comments about “Amplifying Herbert” (my expression not his) after seeing him live making throws. I see balance more as making short, medium, long, & Herbert long throws not running the rock. Rather the line from Gladiator comes to mind when Staley & Moore instruct Herbert to “Unleash Hell”.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by HerbieParadigm View Post
        The reality hiding in plain sight for me is GM and HC know they must beat Fat Andy 2 out of 3 times, w/last game being in playoffs, in order to be a Charger employee next year. Also Moore’s recent comments about “Amplifying Herbert” (my expression not his) after seeing him live making throws. I see balance more as making short, medium, long, & Herbert long throws not running the rock. Rather the line from Gladiator comes to mind when Staley & Moore instruct Herbert to “Unleash Hell”.
        I think in the end that if we don't make the playoffs and win at least one game, we'll have a new GM and head coach next year, likely Moore. I don't think it matters who we beat to do that, though beating KC and winning the division certainly would go a long way towards continued employment.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

There sure is a lot of hope pinned on Moore being able to transform the Charger offense. We are basically running it back on personnel, hoping for good health and Kellen Moore to turn what was often a painful offense to watch into a juggernaut. It’s a tall order.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            There sure is a lot of hope pinned on Moore being able to transform the Charger offense. We are basically running it back on personnel, hoping for good health and Kellen Moore to turn what was often a painful offense to watch into a juggernaut. It’s a tall order.
            Why? Steichen did it with duck tape and bubblegum. If healthy (Our offensive Players) should be 20% better than the players Steichen had to work with. IMHO!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Not sure how tall of an order that really is. Herbert is healthy. The offensive line will be better. We have added a lot of speed at WR this year with Johnston, Guyton back and Davis. That alone would have made even Lombardi's offense better. Adding in a more creative and aggressive play caller makes me very optimistic about what our O can do. With reasonable health (historically an issue with us) we should be a top 5 scoring offense.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why? Steichen did it with duck tape and bubblegum. If healthy (Our offensive Players) should be 20% better than the players Steichen had to work with. IMHO!

Steichen’s offense won, what, 7 games? Not blaming him, but the offensive roster might be > 20% better now. OL certainly is.

I agree with you, Moore will get this high speed Lightning Express train up to Mach 1, teams better watch out down track from us. They will be tempted lay down on the tracks to try and stop the Lightning Express, that will be about as effective as laying on tracks sounds like it would be.

Nothing will stop the Moore Express
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think in the end that if we don't make the playoffs and win at least one game, we'll have a new GM and head coach next year, likely Moore. I don't think it matters who we beat to do that, though beating KC and winning the division certainly would go a long way towards continued employment.
                  If they go 12 - 5, showing more life in the regular season then the previous 2 years,
                  and then lose a tough game in the playoffs on the road against a contender,

I can see Staley returning.

Not a fan of stumbling around all year, punch drunk,
                  and then shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly against a non-contender that final game;

nor am I a fan of setting low bars, just so Staley can bunny hop over it
                  and get a big hug at the end.
                  Last edited by powderblueboy; 06-29-2023, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Steichen’s offense won, what, 7 games? Not blaming him, but the offensive roster might be > 20% better now. OL certainly is.

I agree with you, Moore will get this high speed Lightning Express train up to Mach 1, teams better watch out down track from us. They will be tempted lay down on the tracks to try and stop the Lightning Express, that will be about as effective as laying on tracks sounds like it would be.

Nothing will stop the Moore Express
                    All aboard!!
                    choo choo!!
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not sure how tall of an order that really is. Herbert is healthy. The offensive line will be better. We have added a lot of speed at WR this year with Johnston, Guyton back and Davis. That alone would have made even Lombardi's offense better. Adding in a more creative and aggressive play caller makes me very optimistic about what our O can do. With reasonable health (historically an issue with us) we should be a top 5 scoring offense.
                      Aside from lacking proven depth at rb,
                      they seem better situated on offense than in any year i can recall.

Achilles heal is a banged up Ekeler/Linsley.

The declining health of Pouncey in 2018 very well might have cost them the division,
                      and sent them to New England.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Aside from lacking proven depth at rb,
                        they seem better situated on offense than in any year i can recall.

Achilles heal is a banged up Ekeler/Linsley.

The declining health of Pouncey in 2018 very well might have cost them the division,
                        and sent them to New England.
                        Aside from injuries they did nothing to address their principal problem on offense which is the lack of any real running game. No juice at RB just Ekeler who is one more year bitter and the hope that Spiller or Kelley becomes something other than they have been. Don’t forget Moore had the 1-2 punch of Pollard and Elliot. We’re punchless

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Those two years of Lombo are fused into your brain jamrock.

Confusing defenses is actually permitted in the NFL .... you do realize offensive coordinators are permitted to do that?

The personnel is rock solid with a few stars.

Comment

Working...
                          X