• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I have friends who are Cowboy fans who are happy Moore is not the OC in Dallas any more. I personally think they are wrong, but shows everyone has an opinion. Biggest gripe seems to be he called too many passes in Dallas

TG
    With Dak, I can see why they’re upset.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I have friends who are Cowboy fans who are happy Moore is not the OC in Dallas any more. I personally think they are wrong, but shows everyone has an opinion. Biggest gripe seems to be he called too many passes in Dallas

TG
      And that was a problem because they have Dak at QB and one top WR.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Agree. And they had Pollard who is an excellent RB and Elliott who at this point is a good RB and a very good line and blocking TEs. So their point is Moore should have recognized Dak and one WR are not as useful as the the strength of the Dallas running game and not called so many passes.

But I still think Moore is going to be great for the Chargers and am very happy he was hired.

PS - I have other Cowboys fans friends who are lamenting the loss of Moore and feel the offense will go backwards under McCarthy.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Agree. And they had Pollard who is an excellent RB and Elliott who at this point is a good RB and a very good line and blocking TEs. So their point is Moore should have recognized Dak and one WR are not as useful as the the strength of the Dallas running game and not called so many passes.

But I still think Moore is going to be great for the Chargers and am very happy he was hired.

PS - I have other Cowboys fans friends who are lamenting the loss of Moore and feel the offense will go backwards under McCarthy.

TG
          In 2021 Dal was the #1 scoring offense,#3 pass, #9 run.
          In 2022 #4.scoring, #18 pass, #8 run.
          Dallas fans who complain about Moore sound spoiled.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Brian Daboll reportedly retracted his availability for a HC position days after we hired Staley (not claiming there was a connection) but that goes to show some coordinators looking for first time HC positions DO pass up opportunities.
            You only get 1 or maybe 2 shots at this HC thing, it would be foolish to accept any of these positions if you don't feel confident you can be successful there. I'd say ownership is huge, GM and QB situation.
            I'd never advise anyone to take the HC job in Arizona for example, assuming their goal is to be a successful NFL HC.
            On a side preface: I'd like to announce that I'm no longer available for a HC job either.

Seriously though, what position was he offered a legit HC contract for that he turned down? none that I know of.

Many coaches get only 1 chance. They are a "hot candidate" one year and nobody gives a shit about them ever again. turn that one offer down and you may never get another. they know it. "Never" is an absolute, we can call it almost always to avoid a one-off special exception and condition but its "the rule" that guys who are offered HC jobs, take the job. Unless they are already a HOF head coach, noted.

The more regular decline is great / successful college coaches who decide to stay in college.

I'd never advise anyone to not take any HC job unless it was because they had another one of more to choose from. They may not get asked again.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

On a side preface: I'd like to announce that I'm no longer available for a HC job either.

Seriously though, what position was he offered a legit HC contract for that he turned down? none that I know of.

Many coaches get only 1 chance. They are a "hot candidate" one year and nobody gives a shit about them ever again. turn that one offer down and you may never get another. they know it. "Never" is an absolute, we can call it almost always to avoid a one-off special exception and condition but its "the rule" that guys who are offered HC jobs, take the job. Unless they are already a HOF head coach, noted.

The more regular decline is great / successful college coaches who decide to stay in college.

I'd never advise anyone to not take any HC job unless it was because they had another one of more to choose from. They may not get asked again.
              Sure, I'd say most viable candidates that interview aren't seriously considering rejecting a position, but I think it's more about which job they desire most. Objectivity, we can all grade each HC job opportunity every year and rank them pretty similar. Top candidates get the most desired jobs while the lesser candidates get Arizona haha
              I think it's important to note that we're both just speculating about what goes on in a candidates internal decision making monologue and/or camp. But my point is that I imagine some "elite HC candidates" understand they have options that aren't limited to the "one hot shot year"
              And I can imagine those guys exhausting their search for the right situation.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sure, I'd say most viable candidates that interview aren't seriously considering rejecting a position, but I think it's more about which job they desire most. Objectivity, we can all grade each HC job opportunity every year and rank them pretty similar. Top candidates get the most desired jobs while the lesser candidates get Arizona haha
                I think it's important to note that we're both just speculating about what goes on in a candidates internal decision making monologue and/or camp. But my point is that I imagine some "elite HC candidates" understand they have options that aren't limited to the "one hot shot year"
                And I can imagine those guys exhausting their search for the right situation.
                Other than Bill Parcel and a couple HOF-level coaches like him, I really cannot recall guys offered HC jobs who say “uh, yeah … thanks I think I’ll pass”.

Great winning teams almost never have an open HC job. Great teams already have a great HC and they don’t fire him. Almost every HC job looks like a dumpster fire on day 1, and every ambitious earnest coach in the land would like to think he can turn it around

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Other than Bill Parcel and a couple HOF-level coaches like him, I really cannot recall guys offered HC jobs who say “uh, yeah … thanks I think I’ll pass”.

Great winning teams almost never have an open HC job. Great teams already have a great HC and they don’t fire him. Almost every HC job looks like a dumpster fire on day 1, and every ambitious earnest coach in the land would like to think he can turn it around
                  Sure they do it happens all the time you're just not privy to all the declines...good coaches know that if they don't go into a good situation it will absolutely lead to failure and completely tarnish their image.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Sure they do it happens all the time you're just not privy to all the declines...good coaches know that if they don't go into a good situation it will absolutely lead to failure and completely tarnish their image.
                    List them for us, please?

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

List them for us, please?
                      We've already seen one of them and it's the head coach of the raiders. Others might be Harbaugh who can't get what he wants...payment and control.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

TG
                        Same here. They say he called too many passing plays when they were ahead instead of running out the clock. To be fair, there are Cowboys fans who defend Jerry Jones's firing of Jimmy Johnson, so they can't be taken seriously.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

This will be the first time Moore is OC without having the HC be an offensive-minded HC.
                          I expect Moore to be given more freedom he's ever had to run whatever offense he thinks is best for 2023.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X