• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We've already seen one of them and it's the head coach of the raiders. Others might be Harbaugh who can't get what he wants...payment and control.
    I mentioned awhile ago the common turn down is a great HC at a top college program. Harbaugh is an established coach who already has a great HC job. He makes as much as most NFL HCs and has complete org control and institutional advantages.

Who did Jr Hoodie turn down? Thats one once confirmed … keep that list flowing …
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I have friends who are Cowboy fans who are happy Moore is not the OC in Dallas any more. I personally think they are wrong, but shows everyone has an opinion. Biggest gripe seems to be he called too many passes in Dallas

TG
      Every Cowboys game I audited the snaps were 50-50 run-pass. Now if they are tired of stick, or buttonhook, that is another argument. Is it a crime against entertaining football? IMO, Yes.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        This will be the first time Moore is OC without having the HC be an offensive-minded HC.
        I expect Moore to be given more freedom he's ever had to run whatever offense he thinks is best for 2023.
        Uncharted waters ahead.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Uncharted waters ahead.
          Given the offensive weapons we've added this off season and additional linemen I cannot see our offense being worse than last year unless the wheels fly off the bus (Injuries).

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Uncharted waters ahead.
            Chargers #1 scoring offense goes deep.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Chargers #1 scoring offense goes deep.
              i like this timeline. Subscribe

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

From Warren Sharp (and this merely affirms our own eye test - Lombo's offense was awful at picking up 1st downs on 1st or 2nd down).

"Best teams at avoiding 3rd down in 2022:

1. KC*
                2. BUF*
                3. GB
                4. JAX*
                5. CIN*
                6. NYG*
                7. PHI*
                8. SF*
                9. SEA*
                10. ATL
                11. DET

12. LV 13. MIA* 14. NE 15. WAS 16. MIN* 17. BAL* 18. DAL* 19. ARI 20. CAR
                21. PIT 22. CLE 23. TEN 24. TB* 25. LAR 26. IND 27. DEN 28. HOU 29. NO

30. LAC*
                31. CHI
                32. NYJ

*made playoffs​

Comment

• YAC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  Every Cowboys game I audited the snaps were 50-50 run-pass. Now if they are tired of stick, or buttonhook, that is another argument. Is it a crime against entertaining football? IMO, Yes.
                  To be precise:
                  Dallas passed 553/1079 offensive plays in 2022. If I recall correctly they were the 8th most run-heavy team in the league, with a 49/51 run-pass split.

There is some question if Moore was pressured to feature the run because Jerry has an infantile fetishistic love of Emmitt Smith and his reincarnation, Ezekiel Elliott. There is even stronger anecdotal evidence Jerry pushed Moore to feature Elliott over the much more talented/productive Tony Pollard.

I suspect Moore is greatly relieved to have escaped the meddling ways of Jerry Jones, though he'll never speak to it.

I'm eager to see: Kellen Moore, unshackled.

Comment

• YAC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    Now if they are tired of stick, or buttonhook, that is another argument. Is it a crime against entertaining football? IMO, Yes.
                    Don't think Chargers fans will move to incarcerate Moore if he once again puts up a top five offense.

Beauty is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

To be precise:
                      Dallas passed 553/1079 offensive plays in 2022. If I recall correctly they were the 8th most run-heavy team in the league, with a 49/51 run-pass split.

There is some question if Moore was pressured to feature the run because Jerry has an infantile fetishistic love of Emmitt Smith and his reincarnation, Ezekiel Elliott. There is even stronger anecdotal evidence Jerry pushed Moore to feature Elliott over the much more talented/productive Tony Pollard.

I suspect Moore is greatly relieved to have escaped the meddling ways of Jerry Jones, though he'll never speak to it.

I'm eager to see: Kellen Moore, unshackled.
                      Mike McCarthy also wanted to go run heavy from what I've read. Here is one quote:

"Kellen wants to light the scoreboard up," McCarthy said (via the Dallas Morning News), "but I want him to run the damn ball so I can rest my defense .​.... I don't desire to be the No. 1 offense in the league. I want to be the No. 1 team in the league with the number of wins and a championship. And if we've got to give up some production and take care of the ball a little better to get that, then that's what we'll do because we have a really good defense."

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                        From Warren Sharp (and this merely affirms our own eye test - Lombo's offense was awful at picking up 1st downs on 1st or 2nd down).

"Best teams at avoiding 3rd down in 2022:

1. KC*
                        2. BUF*
                        3. GB
                        4. JAX*
                        5. CIN*
                        6. NYG*
                        7. PHI*
                        8. SF*
                        9. SEA*
                        10. ATL
                        11. DET

12. LV 13. MIA* 14. NE 15. WAS 16. MIN* 17. BAL* 18. DAL* 19. ARI 20. CAR
                        21. PIT 22. CLE 23. TEN 24. TB* 25. LAR 26. IND 27. DEN 28. HOU 29. NO

30. LAC*
                        31. CHI
                        32. NYJ

*made playoffs​
                        Thank you. So many interesting stats in the NFL. It's why analytics keeps growing. I am not terribly surprised by our ranking, having watched all the games and seen Herbert's forced third down heroics time after time. The one team that does really surprise me is the Tom Brady led Buccaneers. Would not have thought that of him.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mike McCarthy also wanted to go run heavy from what I've read. Here is one quote:

"Kellen wants to light the scoreboard up," McCarthy said (via the Dallas Morning News), "but I want him to run the damn ball so I can rest my defense .​.... I don't desire to be the No. 1 offense in the league. I want to be the No. 1 team in the league with the number of wins and a championship. And if we've got to give up some production and take care of the ball a little better to get that, then that's what we'll do because we have a really good defense."
                          I have a really good defense, i don't want them to have to play ...
                          This smacks of Jerry 100%. Mc is a company man.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X