Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
    During the off season things always look so good!!. It did 2 years ago with J Lomb
    You're right. We always think a change in a coach will bring great rewards. We do that every year with the rookies too. We talk them up until it sounds like all of them will be in the pro-bowl.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Miracle Whip was a person, it would be Kellen Moore
      I was thinking he looks like the little dough boy. He sure looks younger than he is. I had that problem years ago myself. I was still being carded when I was 28. That's not a problem now, I'm old and I look it.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

I was carded in PIT in 2018.
        I was 53 !

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          I was carded in PIT in 2018.
          I was 53 !
          because you're hot. wear it ... its ok.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

In Hawaii, they card everyone, even old guys like me. They can get a heavy fine if they don't card you. Just one of several weird laws in Hawaii.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              In Hawaii, they card everyone, even old guys like me. They can get a heavy fine if they don't card you. Just one of several weird laws in Hawaii.
              Same here in Tennessee.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Roo, I have the opposite. I started getting gray (really white I guess) hair when I was 18. It runs in my family. Good thing is we all have full heads of hair. Bad thing is it would be snow white without a little help. Richard Gere was very good for my luck with the ladies.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I was at Cedar point, a very famous amusement park in Ohio. All the concession workers are students from around the world who stay the summer in dorms and work at the park. I was in line for beer and the guy in front of me, who was clearly at least in his 50s, wanted two beers (you can only get two per purchase). The concession worker was a sweet young girl whose tag said she was from Thailand. She asked for his id and he kind of laughed. And then she looked at it and rejected him because he had a beard in his drivers license photo but not now. He thought it was a joke. Then he started to get a little hot about it when she would not sell to him. I said I would buy him a beer just to diffuse the situation but she told me "You nice old man, but he not old enough" !!!!! (BTW I was the same age or younger than him)

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

When I asked for a beer at the Steelers place, the lady said ID.
                    I turned around to see if there was a girl named Heidi behind me.
                    My two sons still laugh about it five years later.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I grew up next to Tia Juana. If you were tall enough to put a quarter on the bar at the Jockey Club, you were old enough to buy a draft. I can't remember being carded anywhere.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chargers gonna install outside zone in 2023. The reason I am so jacked up over this install is: picture Justin Herbert with a supporting running game. In the last game the Chargers played, Chargers averaged 2.9 YPC + Jaguars averaged 5.6 YPC. An argument could be made that the Chargers defense line was also a problem, but I believe Joey Bosa when he said he played on one leg, and the rest can be attributed to injuries along the defensive line. For now, let's focus on the new offensive install.

When you watch the above video, just pause it and count the number of gaps you read in the 49ers outside zone v. the Packers.

Playcall is Toss 18. Outside Zone.

Untitled 2.png

If you pause the video

@ 1:58 The defense is in a single high safety look pre-snap. The RB has taken the pitch and his insert blocker is looking to engage the ILB in the inside of the zone surface area. I counted 7 gap options for the back to choose from, but as we know gaps open and close, and that's the nature of the zone. But what I noticed was how the Packers defenders overplayed their gaps and took themselves right out of the play. The rest was just superb execution in the blocking scheme by the 49ers offensive line, FB, + TE.

@1:59 The safeties are now in a Cover-2. The insert blocker engages his man and that Cover-2 corner on the near hash has him from the 42 yard line. But watch the angle the S takes. Takes himself out of the play.

@2:00 The insert blocker has opened a gap and the RB is in the gap and look at that huge gap that's opened to HIS left; a cutback lane. But Look at the near safety, in less than two seconds, he's trying to flip his hips and recover. A beautiful open field run by the back splits the safeties for 35+ yard gain.

Mostert read through 4 gaps in 5 steps. As Brett Kollman points out.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/kellen-moore-the-art-of-installing-an-offense

(2019) FRISCO, Texas– Kellen Moore has been running offenses for most of his life, but this month marks the first time he's had to install one.

It's an annual tradition in football. When the calendar flips over to spring, teams take the field for the first time in four months and go through their install – which is to say, they lay the groundwork for the plays they want to run in the fall.

What that means for Moore, who is in the early stages of his first year as an offensive coordinator, is an interesting look at the type of offense he wants to run.

"It's different pieces each and every day, whether it's formations or whether it's personnel, play type, field zone," Moore said on Wednesday. "All these things, they kind of get flavored up each day. So whether it's an emphasis in a certain formation, and then maybe down the line introduce a personnel group that you don't do as much."

Through two weeks of OTAs, Moore's commitment to variety does seem noticeable. The Cowboys have taken the field in a multitude of different personnel groupings and formations.

This past Wednesday saw the Cowboys begin to install their red zone offense, which, to hear it from Dak Prescott, was one of the final aspects of the offense that hadn't been covered – even at this early stage of the offseason.

"Credit to the coaches, they threw more at us this year," Prescott said. "A lot of times you install and you just install a few plays here and there. We talked about installing the red zone, but for the most part we've already installed and now we're coming back to it."

That raises an interesting question for a first-year coordinator. As fun as it might be to get back onto a field, the Cowboys still have precious few opportunities to work on these things during the spring. Even including a three-day minicamp, they'll practice roughly 10 times before they break the training camp.

Which begs the question: how do you balance perfecting things versus simply getting acquainted with them?

"That's some of the interesting battles of OTAs, because sometimes you want to clean something up but you're moving on to the next thing," Moore said. "That's part of this. We'll go through it in this phase, and then we'll go to training camp. We'll hit a very similar progression of it, so we'll be able to hit it again and hopefully clean it up again and then we'll hopefully be ready come September."

Moore said his plan is to have the core components of the offense installed during the spring. Four weeks' worth of training camp practices will give the Cowboys a chance to add some extra flavor, not to mention fine tune things.

For now, the installation goes on.

Zone blocking.png
                        Last edited by ghost; 06-03-2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

The last time I got carded was buying a bottle of wine at Grocery Outlet in Sacramento. I was 58 or 59. I think the cashier wanted to flirt with me.

Comment

Working...
                          X