• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

If KA is so great at this stage in his career like certain Chargers fans seem to believe, it wouldn't even be a question IF they were able to find a trade partner because there would be one! Truthfully he isn't at the level anymore it would seem where a #1 WR needs to be and that is what will be asked of him if he remains here. HE was great when he was under 31, but his better days seem very much to be behind him! Now seems to be the time to give Herbert some younger WR's that can grow with him for the next 5 years of his career.
    Preaching to the choir -

And yes, if the Bears offered the pick they got from the Ravens in the 5th or the Eagles in the 4th - I would take either for Allen. I would prefer their pick in Round 4 - but not picky.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Preaching to the choir -

And yes, if the Bears offered the pick they got from the Ravens in the 5th or the Eagles in the 4th - I would take either for Allen. I would prefer their pick in Round 4 - but not picky.
      It's a small choir. More like a three piece band lol

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Preaching to the choir -

Agreed! These days you don't need the WR's like KA used to be to win games taking all the cap money away from other more important areas, and for sure this next season for what KA may bring to the table! Spend it on the D, OLine or a very good TE!

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/sta...111765505?s=20

So Telesco said today on McAfee's show that they weren't trading Keenan. Not sure that completely rules out the possibility, but I think a trade is unlikely now. Rumor was the Pats offered a Day 2 pick for him, who knows if that's true or not. Its hard to imagine getting a better pick for Keenan than the Pats' second or third rounder. This also means the Pats may be looking at WR with pick #14.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Agreed! These days you don't need the WR's like KA used to be to win games taking all the cap money away from other more important areas, and for sure this next season for what KA may bring to the table! Spend it on the D, OLine or a very good TE!
            If he wants to take a pay cut - that doesn't push money out - fine with KA coming back. Be a nice WR to have. Either way, Chargers need to have two WRs with speed - maybe one is Guyton

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
              https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/sta...111765505?s=20

So Telesco said today on McAfee's show that they weren't trading Keenan. Not sure that completely rules out the possibility, but I think a trade is unlikely now. Rumor was the Pats offered a Day 2 pick for him, who knows if that's true or not. Its hard to imagine getting a better pick for Keenan than the Pats' second or third rounder. This also means the Pats may be looking at WR with pick #14.
              If he turned down a day 2 pick for Allen that guy is a complete and utter dipsh*t and is clueless as a General Manager

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Aaaaaaand thread closed lol. Unless cutting him is still on the table? The way he says it, think it means they’re keeping him.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

[Tap, tap, tap] Is this thing on...? [Tap, tap, tap]

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Aaaaaaand thread closed lol. Unless cutting him is still on the table? The way he says it, think it means they’re keeping him.
                    Then, it must be Bosa who will be traded.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

If he turned down a day 2 pick for Allen that guy is a complete and utter dipsh*t and is clueless as a General Manager
                      Well one of you are lol.
                      But seriously, maybe TT has a bigger plan than you do. Maybe TT sees Keenan being able to play well past 31. Many recievers have.
                      Who knows what their plan is but I'm sure if they plan to move on from him after this season after he puts up good numbers, no reason he still can't get a day 2 pick in the next draft.

There are many teams and other fans who would love to have Keenan Allen. We never seem to appreciate what we have.
                      When Keenan is no longer up to par, yes I'll be one to say he needs to be replaced. That day isn't here yet.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

The only thing I got out of this was that it will take a pick earlier in the round NE was offering a pick in to pry Slayer away from us.

"It'll never happen." --that's the quote.

All else is inference.

What all will we do to be cap compliant ????
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

With the WR franchise tag at 18 M
                          Does KA deserve 16 ?

Comment

Working...
                          X