• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So those teams are like the Chargers
    Exactly. I didn't think a trade was going to happen but it seems like there is some noise about it. Yesterday I thought was under 10%. Today, maybe 25%

Chargers would clear some cap space that could probably get JJ3, KVN and Callahan back post draft

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I’m dreading an ekeler trade, but if they do trade him, I hope they get something significant for him, especially considering what SF gave up to get CMC who ekeler has outperformed during his career and who is essentially the same type of ‘weapon’ not just a RB…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I’m dreading an ekeler trade, but if they do trade him, I hope they get something significant for him, especially considering what SF gave up to get CMC who ekeler has outperformed during his career and who is essentially the same type of ‘weapon’ not just a RB…
        Austin Ekeler will be to CMC what Aaron Rodgers was to Russell Wilson
        IF, the Chargers are lucky

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I still can't wrap my head around someone giving up draft capital and paying him the premium contract he wants for a 28 year old RB.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I still can't wrap my head around someone giving up draft capital and paying him the premium contract he wants for a 28 year old RB.
            If the Chargers do trade him - -I think it will be for a Day 3 pick. Or maybe something like Ek/6 for 4th rounder

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Ekeler is a special player, he’s a versatile weapon, he’s not just a RB, defenses have to account for all the different shit he can do, plus he pass protects at an ELITE level…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Ekeler is a special player, he’s a versatile weapon, he’s not just a RB, defenses have to account for all the different shit he can do, plus he pass protects at an ELITE level…
                Other teams around the league: he wants a lot of money and he probably will not produce the fantasy numbers in 2023 he produced in 2021 and 2022

(not his fault but not blaming anybody for not wanting to give him 10m per year)

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Absolutely. With those 2 TE's I just don't see a high pick especially in a loaded TE draft this year. You could get a solid TE in the mids. I will be shocked at a TE pick with top Edge and WR's on the board.
                  Who are these top edge rushers and wide receivers?

From what I'm reading, the wide receivers most likely available to us at #21 will play in the slot in the NFL, and none of them appears to be worth a first-round pick.

As far as edge goes, it appears Nolan Smith (with 12.5 sacks in college) will most likely be gone before we pick. Which edge rusher do you want over Michael Mayer or Datlon Kincaid?

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    A tight end is the last thing I wanna see chosen # 1. “If you can’t stifle them with defense, overwhelm them with offense.” Not comfortable with that attitude with a #1. I’m still haunted with being up 27 on Jacksonville.
                    That was defense. We took the ball away repeatedly, set the O up with short yardage. When we stopped getting picks, the O had nothing to contribute.
                    KC won the SB with #1 scoring offense, #16 scoring D.
                    We're closer to that than #1D. Play to our strength.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

He put up impressive numbers in Lombardi's offense, particularly in the receiving game, but I want more from my primary back in the running game. I don't think he can do it, so I'm hoping we find a true #1 in this draft and have Ekeler either accept a role in which he gets fewer carries and does his best for his last year with us in 2023 or we get at least a third-round pick in this draft. If we can't get a third-round pick in this draft, let Ekeler play with us this season, and then we can take a compensatory pick next spring.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Other teams around the league: he wants a lot of money and he probably will not produce the fantasy numbers in 2023 he produced in 2021 and 2022

(not his fault but not blaming anybody for not wanting to give him 10m per year)
                        we’ll see, if it turns out to be true that teams are indeed looking to trade for him as reported, both his new contract and the return on picks might surprise some folks around here…I get it, sometimes it can be difficult to appreciate the things we have until we don’t have them anymore…

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Who are these top edge rushers and wide receivers?

From what I'm reading, the wide receivers most likely available to us at #21 will play in the slot in the NFL, and none of them appears to be worth a first-round pick.

As far as edge goes, it appears Nolan Smith (with 12.5 sacks in college) will most likely be gone before we pick. Which edge rusher do you want over Michael Mayer or Datlon Kincaid?
                          From what I have read - same thing. That the WRs at 21 probably are more slot than outside. Addison and Flowers. I like players like Mingo and Mims in R2 over Addison/Johnson in R1. Edge - seems to have depth. TE seems to have a lot of depth

If truly picking at 21 -- and its not Bijan - probably going with Smith or Kincaid.

Comment

Working...
                          X