• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

It depends on who's there at 21. I would take Quentin Johnston or even Jalin Hyatt over either of the 2 TE's you listed. Everette will be more productive than either of these rookies this season. They aren't going to come in and light the world on fire. They will be spot duty at best.

Look at Kyle Pitts compared to Kittle or Kelce. Pitts was the 4th overall pick. He's getting better but still very pedestrian for a TE that was proclaimed to be a generational talent at TE before the draft.

I just don't like TE's in the 1st. The majority of all pro TE's tend to come in the later rounds.

As for who I would take at 21 over Kincaid or Mayer.
    Edge:
    Tyree Wilson
    Anudike-Uzomah
    Adebawore

WR:

Quentin Johnston
    Jaylin Hyatt
    Zay Flowers

One of those 6 will be there at 21. Whoever TT has as the BPA then I will be fine with that pick. I just don't want a TE. For my poll it looks like most don't want a TE. We haven't done enough to get Herbert legit weapons. We lack speed on offense. I want a WR that is fast and big. As of right now the one that fits the bill is the one they say may fall. Quentin Johnston.
    Hyatt is a twig, stands at 6'0, but weights 176 lbs. He's not even a 1st rounder, limited route running. Flowers stands at 5'9", a midget by NFL WR standards.
    Neither one is big. Flowers would be the better choice. Johnson is one of the bigger WR in the draft, not in love with the guy but we probably won't have a shot
    at him.

TE is a difficult position for the NFL to figure out. But this year I'd take Kincaid or Mayer over Hyatt and Flowers easily. Either one will contribute more than
    Hyatt. In order for Flowers to succeed with the Chargers we'd have to make some changes. He's great after the catch, but very limited radius and can sometime
    drop easy catches.

Not going into the Edge argument because we can use help there and it's a premium position.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

This from NFL.com today.

He's going to get mauled in the NFL. At 176 lbs they'll jam him all day at the LOS. If he can get break clean then he's dangerous.
      I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd, but not in the first.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So a team could draft Gibbs, who is a more explosive version of Ekeler without the wear and tear, pay him less than half of what Ekeler wants and have control of him for 4 or 5 years. Why make the trade?
        The way TT talked about spiller at his presser makes me think that they are preparing to trade ekeler, the spanos don’t like it when players go public with issues, plus his 6.25mil in cap savings would probably help to create space for justin herbert’s extension…maybe they draft a fourth straight RB or maybe they just bring in a low cost veteran to work with kelley, spiller, and rountree on a one year deal, all of this should be settled by saturaday night…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He's going to get mauled in the NFL. At 176 lbs they'll jam him all day at the LOS. If he can get break clean then he's dangerous.
          I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd, but not in the first.
          Is Waddle getting mauled? I don't think so. 183lbs.

He 6'0 180. That almost identical to Jamarr Chase.

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Hyatt is a twig, stands at 6'0, but weights 176 lbs. He's not even a 1st rounder, limited route running. Flowers stands at 5'9", a midget by NFL WR standards.
            Neither one is big. Flowers would be the better choice. Johnson is one of the bigger WR in the draft, not in love with the guy but we probably won't have a shot
            at him.

TE is a difficult position for the NFL to figure out. But this year I'd take Kincaid or Mayer over Hyatt and Flowers easily. Either one will contribute more than
            Hyatt. In order for Flowers to succeed with the Chargers we'd have to make some changes. He's great after the catch, but very limited radius and can sometime
            drop easy catches.

Not going into the Edge argument because we can use help there and it's a premium position.
            He's the same size and speed as Jamarr Chase. Also it's easy to 10 - 15 lbs of muscle on in the NFL lifting/nutrition programs

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Is Waddle getting mauled? I don't think so. 183lbs.

He 6'0 180. That almost identical to Jamarr Chase.
              Waddle stands 2 inches shorter and nearly 10 pounds heavier. That's a pretty big difference making Waddle more stout.
              Jamarr Chase weight 200lbs, not in the same ball park.

You should do a little more research.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The way TT talked about spiller at his presser makes me think that they are preparing to trade ekeler, the spanos don’t like it when players go public with issues, plus his 6.25mil in cap savings would probably help to create space for justin herbert’s extension…maybe they draft a fourth straight RB or maybe they just bring in a low cost veteran to work with kelley, spiller, and rountree on a one year deal, all of this should be settled by saturaday night…
                I will say this - between the TT press conference and the Fowler comment -- I think there is a stronger chance he gets traded than last week. The Chargers can do a lot with 6.25 plus the whole get comp pick for him (even a 7th) is just not that realistic (plus thats in 2025). But say they do get a comp pick in 2025- a 4th rounder this year is better than a 5th or 6th rounder in 2025.

And if you do include cap space - that might bring in a guy like JJ3 if you need safety help, Floyd if you need Edge depth or help sign Herbert

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

It depends on who's there at 21. I would take Quentin Johnston or even Jalin Hyatt over either of the 2 TE's you listed. Everette will be more productive than either of these rookies this season. They aren't going to come in and light the world on fire. They will be spot duty at best.

Look at Kyle Pitts compared to Kittle or Kelce. Pitts was the 4th overall pick. He's getting better but still very pedestrian for a TE that was proclaimed to be a generational talent at TE before the draft.

I just don't like TE's in the 1st. The majority of all pro TE's tend to come in the later rounds.

As for who I would take at 21 over Kincaid or Mayer.
                  Edge:
                  Tyree Wilson
                  Anudike-Uzomah
                  Adebawore

WR:

Quentin Johnston
                  Jaylin Hyatt
                  Zay Flowers

One of those 6 will be there at 21. Whoever TT has as the BPA then I will be fine with that pick. I just don't want a TE. For my poll it looks like most don't want a TE. We haven't done enough to get Herbert legit weapons. We lack speed on offense. I want a WR that is fast and big. As of right now the one that fits the bill is the one they say may fall. Quentin Johnston.
                  We all have our players. Other than Tyree Wilson, who won't be there at #21, I don't want any of those players above Kincaid or Mayer.

I understand what you're saying about getting a good tight end after the first round. You can say the exact same thing about wide receivers: D.K. Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, and plenty of others went after the first round, also. I don't see a Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Jamaar Chase, or Jordan Jefferson in this draft.

I think Kyle Pitts is a little overrated, in the sense that people acted like he was going to be the greatest tight end in NFL history, but it's not like he had Justin Herbert throwing him the ball the last two years. He did have 68 receptions for 1,026 yards and one touchdown as a rookie with a washed-up Matt Ryan in 2021. Then he went to Marcus Mariota and missed seven sames last season (28 receptions for 356 yards and two touchdowns). I wouldn't have used a top-five pick on Pitts, but I would have certainly been pleased to get him #21 if he were in this draft.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will say this - between the TT press conference and the Fowler comment -- I think there is a stronger chance he gets traded than last week. The Chargers can do a lot with 6.25 plus the whole get comp pick for him (even a 7th) is just not that realistic (plus thats in 2025). But say they do get a comp pick in 2025- a 4th rounder this year is better than a 5th or 6th rounder in 2025.

And if you do include cap space - that might bring in a guy like JJ3 if you need safety help, Floyd if you need Edge depth or help sign Herbert
                    I think a trade is going to happen…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

He's the same size and speed as Jamarr Chase. Also it's easy to 10 - 15 lbs of muscle on in the NFL lifting/nutrition programs
                      Bro JaMarr Chase weighs 200 lbs, weighed 200 at the combine and listed as 201 on the Bengals site. Not sure where you are getting your info.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bro JaMarr Chase weighs 200 lbs, weighed 200 at the combine and listed as 201 on the Bengals site. Not sure where you are getting your info.

Great question I wonder if I was looking at the wrong info. :smile: Oh well he can put on 20 lbs easy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think a trade is going to happen…
                          I actually think you might be right and I am good with it. I don't think they should extend him. I don't want an unhappy Ekeler in training camp - get the draft pick and cap space today

Comment

Working...
                          X