• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Ten 45s + 45lb bar= 495lb
    Holding bar across chest is different. A normal squat, the bar is behind neck, across shoulders. Looks harder.
    The power shows up in Rashawn's excellent run blocking.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

He's turned himself into a good player. He was still solid after the knee injury and playing hurt most of the year.

Hate to say it but that knee injury probably cost him some money on the contract.

Good signing.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The power shows up in Rashawn's excellent run blocking.
        Slater has changed my way of how I think about the ideal OT body type and movement.
        new game.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Ten 45s + 45lb bar= 495lb
          Holding bar across chest is different. A normal squat, the bar is behind neck, across shoulders. Looks harder.
          Front hack squats - much harder that typical squats (bar on shoulders - behind neck). With this much weight the technique needs to be perfect and the power better be there . . . .

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post
            He's turned himself into a good player. He was still solid after the knee injury and playing hurt most of the year.

Hate to say it but that knee injury probably cost him some money on the contract.

Good signing.
            100% agree with that. Sucked for him, but good for the Chargers. Dude showed a lot of grit playing through that MCL strain. Glad him, Slater and Sarrell<(?) are back working with Duke this offseason.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Front hack squats - much harder that typical squats (bar on shoulders - behind neck). With this much weight the technique needs to be perfect and the power better be there . . . .
                  Yeah. Probably translates more directly to pushing forward as opposed to up. That's a lineman squat!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I think it’s kind of funny that one of the big knocks on pipkins in years 1-3 was that he could only run block and his pass protection was junk, LOL…now folks are wondering if he can develop his run blocking to match his pass protection, hysterical…the kid didn’t forget how to run block, he was just playing with a fucked up knee…simple as that…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Since Zion and Sayler are switching sides, how does this change things? Sayler will be next to Pipkins now.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        Since Zion and Sayler are switching sides, how does this change things? Sayler will be next to Pipkins now.
                        Don't think it will much. Both Zion and Salyer got lots of experience last year. It'll just be a matter of acclimation on Pips part to the new guy. Same as Slater / Zion on the left side. It's what training camp is for.

I know I'm not optimistic about the team in general (next year) but I absolutely love our starting Oline (depth not so much). I hope we get to see them play together most of the year. IMO we haven't had a line as good as this in decades.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Good signing.
                          His next contract will be a LOT bigger, he’s not acting like a kid that cashed in on 22mil deal and is content with that, I think he realizes that he can make a LOT more money in the future, the kind of money to set up his family for life!

I believe he owes Slater big time, Rashawn shows up on the team in 2021 and he obviously took pipkins under his wing because pipkins showed flashes in the 2021 season against both pittsburg and KC…Rashawn then also took him back to texas in the 2022 offseason to train with duke manyweather and changed trey’s life…

rashawn must’ve been like, “bro you have more physical tools than I do, all you need is proper training” I love to see shit like this happen, Slater didn’t just solidify our left side he’s also managed to turn chicken shit into chicken salad on the right side!
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X