Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ouch...awful is right:

Round 1 - Tillery - bust - gone...
    Round 2 - Adderley - flashed at times, but never lived up to billing - retired...
    Round 3 - Pip - a project who took 3+ years to maybe pan out - improved last season - still a question mark in my book...
    Round 4 - Tranq - flashed at times, but not worth keeping...gone...
    Round 5 - Stick - a wasted pick - plenty of FA or UDFA QB's available for 3rd stringers...still with team
    Round 6 - Egbule - never stuck - gone...
    Round 7 - Broughton - same as "Wooly" Egbule...gone...

Ouch...ouch...ouch...is THIS the best our scouts and TT can do?
    I'd rank Justin Herbert as TT's best. pick.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
      WustinSlurbert
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Ouch...I think u r right Pat...at least we got SOME sub-par with flashes use out of Tillery, Adderley and Tranq...2014 not so much...

Round 1 - Verrett -- talented, but an injury bust...
      Round 2 - AttaOUCHu - Had one decent season with 8 sacks...other than that, never panned out...and didn't help that we used a 4th rounder to move up for him...
      Round 3 - Watt - bust
      Round 4 - nada
      Round 5 - Carrethers - a JAG
      Round 6 - Grice - wasted pick, never even made it out of TC, as I recall...
      Round 7 - Tevin "The Human Toothpick" Reese - another wasted pick and TC cut...

Yep, pretty bad...
      It's just effin' amazing that through both those stinkers of a draft, the ones that lasted the longest were Pip and Stick. The "developmental" tackle that looked like a surefire bust early on and the permanent 3rd stringer QB that no Chargers fan wanted to begin with. Life is crazy, man!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Let's not forget that in that same 2020 draft when we got Herbie, TT also picked:

Round 1 - K9...flashes, but never lived up to 1st round billing...didn't help that we wasted a 2nd AND a 3rd rounder to move up for the dude...ugh...
        Round 4 - Kelley - After two JAG seasons, finally worked his way up to an average 3rd back in the rotation with flashes...
        Round 5 - Reed - a JAG and cut...
        Round 6 - Gilman - at least we've gotten some somewhat decent production out of him, for a 3rd day player...
        Round 7 - KJ Hill - Another JAG and a cut...

You would expect TT and staff to at least hit on a few more of those mid to late rounders over the years...Between Murray's meh performance and giving up 2nd and 3rd rounders for the dude, this didn't work out well at all...

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
          WustinSlurbert
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Let's not forget that in that same 2020 draft when we got Herbie, TT also picked:

Round 1 - K9...flashes, but never lived up to 1st round billing...didn't help that we wasted a 2nd AND a 3rd rounder to move up for the dude...ugh...
          Round 4 - Kelley - After two JAG seasons, finally worked his way up to an average 3rd back in the rotation with flashes...
          Round 6 - Gilman - at least we've gotten some somewhat decent production out of him, for a 3rd day player...

You would expect TT and staff to at least hit on a few more of those mid to late rounders over the years...Between Murray's meh performance and giving up 2nd and 3rd rounders for the dude, this didn't work out well at all...
          Well, just the fact that the Chargers got Herbie out of that 2020 draft brings it lower down the stinker of a draft list, I suppose.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Ouch...I think u r right Pat...at least we got SOME sub-par with flashes use out of Tillery, Adderley and Tranq...2014 not so much...

Round 1 - Verrett -- talented, but an injury bust...
            Round 2 - AttaOUCHu - Had one decent season with 8 sacks...other than that, never panned out...and didn't help that we used a 4th rounder to move up for him...
            Round 3 - Watt - bust
            Round 4 - nada
            Round 5 - Carrethers - a JAG
            Round 6 - Grice - wasted pick, never even made it out of TC, as I recall...
            Round 7 - Tevin "The Human Toothpick" Reese - another wasted pick and TC cut...

Yep, pretty bad...
            not sure I should make this public knowledge, and.... was a fan of the both of Carrethers and Grice.... :O

Verrett was a great pick too.... save for the injury bug.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

liked Kelley outta that draft, and really thought we had somethin' w/Hill.... whoopsy mcdoodles there,

and really liked Wirfs as well, as was wary of Herbie's mixed reviews.... thankful for team Tommy John on that account.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Actually, I'd like for him to score on every pick. But..... Like W-L, I like this imperfect roster a lot and am not upset about how we got here. I expect the coming draft to be productive. I'm more patient than most about raw talent and development. Pipkins is a good example to others. Stick with it, put in the work.
                Stalesco 2021- 1.Rashawn Slater 2. Asante Samuel Jr 3. Josh Palmer
                2022- 1. Zion Johnson 2.( trade for) Kahlil Mack 3. JT Woods (4.3 S project) *Bonus for pick 6. Jamaree Salyer, very fortuitous #2 LT / starting RG.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut in the dark!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Was gonna say something..

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Pay da man!!! LOL

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Go back and read the posts after he was drafted. The majority of posters here were not happy with the pick at all. TT does should be judged by his record, which has not been very good, but to not give him credit for picks that pan out is pretty weak.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Go back and read the posts after he was drafted. The majority of posters here were not happy with the pick at all. TT does should be judged by his record, which has not been very good, but to not give him credit for picks that pan out is pretty weak.
                          What the hell are you talking about? I like the Herbert Pick. I even wanted to move up to 3 to ensure we get a QB like Herbert and not Tua the train wreck. My comment was saying that he needs a chance at a top ten pick to get it right most of the time.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X