Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I kept trying to think who Tuli reminds me of and I finally came to it. Tyrell Suggs. He is about the same size and speed. Everyone said Suggs was too slow. But all he did was produce in college and then in the pros

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I kept trying to think who Tuli reminds me of and I finally came to it. Tyrell Suggs. He is about the same size and speed. Everyone said Suggs was too slow. But all he did was produce in college and then in the pros

TG
      Wow, I can live with that comparison!

Comment

• Grinners
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This kid is young with a lot to learn! Being in LA is prolly a good thing for him at his age/maturity level.
        When he sits this year and learns he is gonna be a beast next year or two.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

awesome pick! love his motor!
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

He's actually an an edge player. With the ability to play on the inside. He'll be like Chris Mccain.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

TG
              Actually decent comp in terms of passing rushing. Nowhere near Suggs in terms of run defense though. Kid needs some coaching in terms of disengaging against the run which is weird since he disengages properly when pass rushing.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

He’s definitely not Seau. No where near Seau. He’s Willie Mginest where he’s not as explosive to be a linebacker. But he’s gonna be huge sacking the Quarterback especially on third down and third and long. He can tackle running backs also. Good in run defense.

smart player. I like his IQ we recruit the Hawthorne area very well did the same thing with another USC star defensive player Christian Owusu who went to the Seahwaks.

so im sure the Chargers hope they have this again. I think he’s a star. A skilled rusher who sacks the Quarterback.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                  This kid is young with a lot to learn! Being in LA is prolly a good thing for him at his age/maturity level.
                  When he sits this year and learns he is gonna be a beast next year or two.
                  Hopefully Tuli doesn't sit too long...I say rotate him in early and often! Bring the heat!!!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                    He’s definitely not Seau. No where near Seau. He’s Willie Mginest where he’s not as explosive to be a linebacker. But he’s gonna be huge sacking the Quarterback especially on third down and third and long. He can tackle running backs also. Good in run defense.

smart player. I like his IQ we recruit the Hawthorne area very well did the same thing with another USC star defensive player Christian Owusu who went to the Seahwaks.

so im sure the Chargers hope they have this again. I think he’s a star. A skilled rusher who sacks the Quarterback.
                    I knew the Seau comparisons were coming just because of his heritage, his school and his age. That's impossible to live up to, but shoot for the stars young fella. I'm sure Junior would be proud.

Love the fact that his first conversation was about being a sponge and learning from Bosa and Mack. Seems grounded and ready to put in the work.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                      He's actually an an edge player. With the ability to play on the inside. He'll be like Chris Mccain.
                      ‘Jack of all trades, master of none’ is what I see. No way this guy replaces Joey or Kahil or starter DT. I think he’s career backup grade in the NFL.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

‘Jack of all trades, master of none’ is what I see. No way this guy replaces Joey or Kahil or starter DT. I think he’s career backup grade in the NFL.
                        Translation: "Bah! Humbug!"

Tuli is just 20 years old, and still developing. He'll get bigger than his current size, and no doubt stronger. No one was claiming that he'd replace Bosa or Mack, especially THIS season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

TG
                          I found a Tuli 40 time of 4.87 s on someone's draft guide (he had Tuli as his 3rd best DT)

Suggs ran a 4.84 - okay!

He said that Tuli had a great swim move, and teams would overlook his lesser run stopping ability (at DT).
                          Maybe they move Tuli inside on passing downs more often than not.

What is Tuli's playing weight? At the combine it was 266, but you read all over people citing 290.

I would guess closer to 266, Chargers have him as an edge.
                          Can he keep it down?

Comment

Working...
                          X