Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

He was the sack master for all college football last year and he admits that his pass rushing is still a work in progress, sounds like a kid that wants to be great and not satisfied with where he is now…his spin move is coming along, his little hop step double swipe side scissors move is already better than most rookies coming into this draft including guys like nolan smith and myles murphy whom I liked more over due to athleticism…thing is, we are all assuming that tuli’s athleticism is low because he didn’t test, the guy had a hamstring issue that prevented him from participating in all the testing, so he might be way more athletic and most people think…but regardless, the production was really high on a subpar defensive line where he was often the primary focus and he also has a knack for stripping the football and forcing turnovers…the thing I like about what both tuli and scott bring to this d-line is their motor, they don’t quit, they are constantly working and that can make up for a lot of things…
    One report used the term big red flag for not testing. There were questions about his athleticism, so not testing gave many the feeling that he was going to test poorly and used it as an excuse.

Hopefully, telesco has more information than most GMs about what transpires at USC. He's drafted 3 Trojan's and 3 Bruins....he seemingly was poised to draft Vera tucker if slater didn't fall.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

One report used the term big red flag for not testing. There were questions about his athleticism, so not testing gave many the feeling that he was going to test poorly and used it as an excuse.

Hopefully, telesco has more information than most GMs about what transpires at USC. He's drafted 3 Trojan's and 3 Bruins....he seemingly was poised to draft Vera tucker if slater didn't fall.
      I’m a firm believer that we would have drafted yet another USC guy (Vorhees) in the 7th round if not for the fucking ravens taking him a few picks ahead of us
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I knew the Seau comparisons were coming just because of his heritage, his school and his age. That's impossible to live up to, but shoot for the stars young fella. I'm sure Junior would be proud.

Love the fact that his first conversation was about being a sponge and learning from Bosa and Mack. Seems grounded and ready to put in the work.
        He’s a beast.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Watching tape of him accelerate to the QB or ball carrier many times, there is just no way he’s a 4.9 guy. No fucking way at all. maybe he limped out a 4.9 on one leg for someone, idunno, but he is not slow.

he’s got an inner engine that I really like. I see the guy being successful and we will definitely know in 2023 as he will get reps in games.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Watching tape of him accelerate to the QB or ball carrier many times, there is just no way he’s a 4.9 guy. No fucking way at all. maybe he limped out a 4.9 on one leg for someone, idunno, but he is not slow.

he’s got an inner engine that I really like. I see the guy being successful and we will definitely know in 2023 as he will get reps in games.
            I think he's closer to 4.85.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

Get him with Bosa and Mack and teach him all their strengths and i think he can really progress over time. I think he will be the #3 rotation guy pretty quick.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Tuipulotu is a cousin to the 49ers' Talanoa Hufanga, who was an All Pro safety in his second season last year. He also went to USC. Hufanga was a 5th round draft pick in 2021. He was still on the board when the Chargers picked Brenden Jaimes in that draft.

Please . . . . . . don't ever do this again (it's too depressing)!!!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                  [/B][/U]

I believe in facing reality.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I believe in facing reality.
                    Not with this team . . . . . . . . save yourself while there's still time

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                      [/B][/U]

It is what it is. I’m not upset about the pick because at least it was an investment in beef. Who knows. Maybe Jaimes ascends this year and replaces Clapp as backup at center.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It is what it is. I’m not upset about the pick because at least it was an investment in beef. Who knows. Maybe Jaimes ascends this year and replaces Clapp as backup at center.
                        A lot of folks here liked the pick at the time. I didnt know who he was but I trusted this crowd he was a good pick
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

If I'm not mistaken... we, as fans, found out only days before the draft that Addison Jordan acts like a complete asshat, right?

Jordan had various connections to the Chargers through coaches, and was among a handful of players popularly rumored to be the Bolts' pick at #21 in the weeks leading up to the draft..

Something else that we, as fans, only learned in recent days (most of us, anyway) is that Quentin Johnston is the son of two career military parents, and is a team leader and "the hardest worker on the team". He sounds like the opposite of an asshat!

IMO, character was an important component in the Bolts' selection of QJ, not just over other receivers, but over players at other positions, too. Dedicated, hard-working team leaders are what you build a positive and successful culture on the back of. I think they see QJ as someone who will not only be a good player on the field, but someone who raises the bar among his teammates for hard work and dedication.

Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 05-02-2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X