Welcome LB Daiyan Henley, Washington St. (Round 3 #85)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Yeah,
    i really like Henley.

Might be the best pick in the draft.

Did anyone notice him pancake the pulling Colorado State guard?

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Henley is an alpha. This defense has a lot of them…James, SJD, Samuel, Mack. I think Matlock too. Lot of leaders on the defense but I believe they all understand James is the top dog.

The offense is different. Lately Ekeler and now Keenan are saying Herbert needs to be more vocal. Chargers don’t have that alpha on offense yet. Keenan is closest to it.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Henley is an alpha.

TG
        Bloodlines.

Not sure you guys know but his dad is Big U. For those not familiar with LA street politics.......Big U from the Rollin 60s Crip gang. A triple OG high ranking figure. Sorta like the Crip version of Suge Knight. The character Deebo was partially influenced by Big U. Fortunately Big U turned his life around enough to raise his son towards a different and positive route in life.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bloodlines.

Not sure you guys know but his dad is Big U. For those not familiar with LA street politics.......Big U from the Rollin 60s Crip gang. A triple OG high ranking figure. Sorta like the Crip version of Suge Knight. The character Deebo was partially influenced by Big U. Fortunately Big U turned his life around enough to raise his son towards a different and positive route in life.
          Interesting!

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bloodlines.

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

He's our backup kicker
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Dude looks like he's gonna be solid for our defense.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  https://youtu.be/Pfmhe0SjM8o

Dude looks like he's gonna be solid for our defense.
                  Great breakdown.
                  he's a natural with limited experience.
                  Keeper.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                    WustinSlurbert
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

This dude really reminds me of Fred Warner. If he ends up being that good, I will crown myself "the prophet".

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post
                      This dude really reminds me of Fred Warner. If he ends up being that good, I will crown myself "the prophet".
                      I too am intrigued by him. Fred Warner is a high bar but a poor mans Fred Warner - whatever player that is - would work too.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I initially thought Henley was going to be too small to play LB effectively. But I admit I don't know the position that well.

My image of a prototypical NFL LB is Junior Seau (RIP), who was 6-3 250.

PFF has Henley listed at 6-2, 225. I've seen him listed at 6-1, 231 elsewhere. Although 225 is a bit light, his height/weight is pretty close to the best LBs in the game right now.

Fred Warner (PFF's No. 1 LB) is 6-3, 230. Dre Greenlaw is 6-0, 230. Matt Milano (PFF's No. 4) is 6-0, 224. Henley's 4.54 40 time is faster than any of these guys, Roquan Smith (PFF's No. 5) is the only one of the top 5 who has a faster 40 time (4.51).

Erick Hendricks is still PFF's #12.

Henley was taken out of Washington State in the third round at #86 overall.

Warner was taken out of BYU in the third round of the 2018 draft at #70.

You just never know. I'm excited to see this kid play. The Chargers might finally get some decent LB play this season. It's been a long time.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I initially thought Henley was going to be too small to play LB effectively. But I admit I don't know the position that well.

My image of a prototypical NFL LB is Junior Seau (RIP), who was 6-3 250.

PFF has Henley listed at 6-2, 225. I've seen him listed at 6-1, 231 elsewhere. Although 225 is a bit light, his height/weight is pretty close to the best LBs in the game right now.

Fred Warner (PFF's No. 1 LB) is 6-3, 230. Dre Greenlaw is 6-0, 230. Matt Milano (PFF's No. 4) is 6-0, 224. Henley's 4.54 40 time is faster than any of these guys, Roquan Smith (PFF's No. 5) is the only one of the top 5 who has a faster 40 time (4.51).

Erick Hendricks is still PFF's #12.

Henley was taken out of Washington State in the third round at #86 overall.

Warner was taken out of BYU in the third round of the 2018 draft at #70.

You just never know. I'm excited to see this kid play. The Chargers might finally get some decent LB play this season. It's been a long time.
                          Leonard for the Colts admitted he was playing around 220 most of his Allpro season with them, at one time weighing in the teens, and said he wants to keep playing lighter...

Fewer power backs and TEs that look like smallish OTs...fullbacks nearly extinct...and a game that has sped up and become centered around the pass...it has become more important for speed, range, and agility in our LBs, vs guys having that extra weight to bring some thump...and brains...in todays game, you gotta know where to be, and get there FAST!
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X