Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

We'll categorize you as "troll dyslexic" because you can't seem to find the correct "Quote" button.

At least Duhs fans have an excuse, what with the handcuffs and all.
    Yeah mistakes will happen while posting at work so whatever.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

The Pollyana's are laying it on thick right now.

Every draft pick will be a stud;
      Some are even warming to the Dugan pick.

Nancies are laying low right now: dareth not challenging the flood of sentiments.

Riverwalk should have gone into his burrow, instead of daring to get in the way of the swarming hoard.

Savagely being stung to death, it's pitiful to watch.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Nancies are laying low right now: dareth not challenging the flood of sentiments.

Riverwalk should have gone into his burrow, instead of daring to get in the way of the swarming hoard.

Ok, I read this while in a video call at work and someone asked me why I was smiling. Uh, no reason!

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Thanks.

As far as the take “I hate all the players and draft picks”. I’ve complemented many players and picks. Last year I was the first to point out what a tremendous pick Salyer was right after the draft before he ever took the field.

I also like MW, DJ, and many others that were maligned in this thread by the guy that ironically called me the hater.

You can’t make this shit up.

I’ll go back into hibernation now so the pollyannas can swap spit

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Thanks.

As far as the take “I hate all the players and draft picks”. I’ve complemented many players and picks. Last year I was the first to point out what a tremendous pick Salyer was right after the draft before he ever took the field.

I also like MW, DJ, and many others that were maligned in this thread by the guy that ironically called me the hater.

Please yourself as you see fit.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Thanks.

Thank god.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd take Keenan over both Dez and AJ Green. He also has more receptions than both in as many years , less years than Green. Sorry I disagree. You think we should of let him go, I say no.....and they say no. I think if we releasd Keenan, he would easily have 15 teams after him.

Winston threw for over 5k yards that season dispite his 30 INTs.

There also were many WRs who played well til their mid 30's and Keenan hasn't showed any slowing down. He just turned 31 a week ago. He isn't a RB,....31 is much older for a RB than for a WR. And some here, the same guys wanting to release Keenan wanted us to get DeAndre Hopkins who is the same age coming off an injury. I find that pretty odd.

Tyreek was a money issue, that's all. Tyreek also said he is retiring after this contract. Maybe they knew that? Idk ...but they didn't want to pay him. Not the same thing as releasing a player a year early.
                I'm sorry, no offense, but I stopped reading after what I put in bold. I understand forgetting how Dez Bryant was a great receiver for the Cowboys, since his prime was very short. But there is no way any team would take Keenan Allen at his best over what Dez Bryant was during the first five years of his career. From 2012 through 2014 Bryant had over 85 receptions and 1,200 yards in each season and hauled in a combined 41 touchdown receptions. Keenan has 52 touchdown receptions in 10 years.

A.J. Green, with Andy Dalton as his quarterback, was clearly better than Keenan. As good as Keenan has been (he should be in our Ring of Honor if we ever have one at So-Fi Stadium), I can't believe anyone would say they would take him over A.J. Green. That's crazy talk.

Keenan does an excellent job of moving the chains, but his all-around game, most notably in touchdown catches and yards per reception (big play ability), is/was not on the same level as Bryant's and Green's.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Thanks.

When a player gets selected he's one of ours, and I root for him to be the best at his position, even if I didn't agree with the draft pick when it happened. Quentin Johnston was one of the last players I thought of right before he was picked. While I was watching the draft, I and everyone else around me were saying we had to take Kincaid or Mayer. But we have Johnston, so at this point I have no emotional attachment to Kincaid or Mayer. As the weeks have passed I'm starting to buy into Johnston becoming a great receiver in this offense.

Telesco has proven me wrong with his first-round picks most of the time. In 2020 I wanted Derrick Brown or Isaiah Simmons instead of Justin Herbert with the sixth overall pick. I wanted Laremy Tunsil over Joey Bosa in 2016, and Derek Barnett over Mike Williams in 2017, so it's great that I'm not the general manager.

What bothers me about Telesco, and I think it's a fair criticism, is the way he structures the team. As far as I'm concerned he's way too much like his mentor, Bill Polian, whom I believe is terribly overrated. Polian drafted great quarterbacks (Jim Kelly in Buffalo and Peyton Manning in Indianapolis), and surrounded them with great skill players (Andre Reed, James Lofton, and Thurman Thomas in Buffalo; Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James in Indianapolis). He also drafted great pass-rushers (Bruce Smith in Buffalo; Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis in Indianapolis). Yet, over all of his time in Buffalo and Indianapolis, Polian has one Super Bowl ring. With Peyton Manning alone, I don't know how Polian could have just one Super Bowl ring. Well, actually I do know...it's because his teams got pushed around in the playoffs and in Super Bowls.

Now I'm seeing it with our team run by Telesco. Great quarterback. Great skill players. Great pass-rushers. Run all over us. Push us around. Beat us in the big games.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

When a player gets selected he's one of ours, and I root for him to be the best at his position, even if I didn't agree with the draft pick when it happened. Quentin Johnston was one of the last players I thought of right before he was picked. While I was watching the draft, I and everyone else around me were saying we had to take Kincaid or Mayer. But we have Johnston, so at this point I have no emotional attachment to Kincaid or Mayer. As the weeks have passed I'm starting to buy into Johnston becoming a great receiver in this offense.

Telesco has proven me wrong with his first-round picks most of the time. In 2020 I wanted Derrick Brown or Isaiah Simmons instead of Justin Herbert with the sixth overall pick. I wanted Laremy Tunsil over Joey Bosa in 2016, and Derek Barnett over Mike Williams in 2017, so it's great that I'm not the general manager.

What bothers me about Telesco, and I think it's a fair criticism, is the way he structures the team. As far as I'm concerned he's way too much like his mentor, Bill Polian, whom I believe is terribly overrated. Polian drafted great quarterbacks (Jim Kelly in Buffalo and Peyton Manning in Indianapolis), and surrounded them with great skill players (Andre Reed, James Lofton, and Thurman Thomas in Buffalo; Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James in Indianapolis). He also drafted great pass-rushers (Bruce Smith in Buffalo; Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis in Indianapolis). Yet, over all of his time in Buffalo and Indianapolis, Polian has one Super Bowl ring. With Peyton Manning alone, I don't know how Polian could have just one Super Bowl ring. Well, actually I do know...it's because his teams got pushed around in the playoffs and in Super Bowls.

Now I'm seeing it with our team run by Telesco. Great quarterback. Great skill players. Great pass-rushers. Run all over us. Push us around. Beat us in the big games.
                    Weird, but I feel like they addressed this issue in this years draft by drafting players for depth. We ran out of receivers in the playoffs and we had no depth on defense with a gimpy Bosa.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Much of the league is going that way: quarterbacks, wideouts, edge rushers and OTs are the most expensive positions for a reason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I'm sorry, no offense, but I stopped reading after what I put in bold. I understand forgetting how Dez Bryant was a great receiver for the Cowboys, since his prime was very short. But there is no way any team would take Keenan Allen at his best over what Dez Bryant was during the first five years of his career. From 2012 through 2014 Bryant had over 85 receptions and 1,200 yards in each season and hauled in a combined 41 touchdown receptions. Keenan has 52 touchdown receptions in 10 years.

A.J. Green, with Andy Dalton as his quarterback, was clearly better than Keenan. As good as Keenan has been (he should be in our Ring of Honor if we ever have one at So-Fi Stadium), I can't believe anyone would say they would take him over A.J. Green. That's crazy talk.

Keenan does an excellent job of moving the chains, but his all-around game, most notably in touchdown catches and yards per reception (big play ability), is/was not on the same level as Bryant's and Green's.
                        Dez was good for a few seasons. Keenan dwarfs his stats. He only had 3 1000 yard seasons to Keenans 5. Id easily take Keenan over Dez.

Green was also hurt often and Keenan has more receptions in less years. Will pas him this season in yardage. Keenan is a different player than Green. I think many here undervalue Keenan (seems to include you) and he is old hat here while many fans would LOVE to have him on their team RIGHT NOW which was evident on Twitter with the trade/release rumors.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Posting this here also.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘