• SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Your takes are stranger.
    Yeah like Tuli will not start over Mack or Bosa. Straaaaange.

Yeah like early 90's units are a little different from today's. Straaaaaaaaange.

Yeah like Lambs numbers are somehow a benchmark for QJ. Different QB's and different WR's. Straaaaaaange. *facepalm*

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Slayer and King were ranked higher than where they were drafted is all. There's no foolproof ranking. Happens every year.

King had a couple good seasons here but seems to be bouncing around now and is tapped out development wise.
      Hopefully Salyer keeps assending.
      I hope Salyer keeps ASS ENDING guys for years to come too!!!

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Yeah like Tuli will not start over Mack or Bosa. Straaaaange.

Yeah like early 90's units are a little different from today's. Straaaaaaaaange.

Yeah like Lambs numbers are somehow a benchmark for QJ. Different QB's and different WR's. Straaaaaaange. *facepalm*
        Tuli doesn't need to start Einstein... Did you know the eagles had 4 players that had 10 or more sacks last season???

An edge player lining up opposite an OT to sack a QB has nothing to do with any era they played in.

Lamb speed wise and physically is very similar to QJ and they are playing under the same OC. Expecting 900 yards and 5 TD's seems doable from a 1st round top rated WR.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Well based on your posts obviously I do.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Tuli doesn't need to start Einstein... Did you know the eagles had 4 players that had 10 or more sacks last season???

An edge player lining up opposite an OT to sack a QB has nothing to do with any era they played in.

Lamb speed wise and physically is very similar to QJ and they are playing under the same OC. Expecting 900 yards and 5 TD's seems doable from a 1st round top rated WR.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Well based on your posts obviously I do.
          OMG he would need to start to get that type of sack production. Bosa's only hit double digit sacks 4 out of his 7 years.

Wow that's pretty neat for the Eagles. You know that KC didn't have 4 players with 10 or more sacks? Or the Raiders, or the Broncos? You know the majority of teams didn't? Ok now what?

Explain to me what? That your takes are literally all over the place? LMAO.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Guys, stop making this personal. Argue the points, not each other.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

We're going to need close to 900 receiving yards and at the very least 5 TD's from QJ * & We are going to need close to 9 sacks from the nations leading sack leader in college this season. . .

Anything less probably won't be good enough for what this team needed going into this draft to try and overtake KC the Bills and Cincy. Sigh and the jags.
              #1 need is last year's starters being healthy.
              #2 solid depth.
              2022 LAC were the #3 passing O after KC & TB despite the top 2 WRs missing a combined 11 reg season games.
              Unfortunately we were the #13 scoring O. Fixing that lies on Kellen Moore's shoulders.
              I could go point by point over D issues but why bother? All we need is run D and we're @ KC's 16th best scoring D.
              We were #7 pass D (#21 scoring D) in spite of a top rusher and starting CB & DT out most of the year.
              In the 2023 reg season, we'll play 2 games vs a better passing O (2X KC), 1 vs a better pass D - NYJ.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

#1 need is last year's starters being healthy.
                #2 solid depth.
                2022 LAC were the #3 passing O after KC & TB despite the top 2 WRs missing a combined 11 reg season games.
                Unfortunately we were the #13 scoring O. Fixing that lies on Kellen Moore's shoulders.
                I could go point by point over D issues but why bother? All we need is run D and we're @ KC's 16th best scoring D.
                We were #7 pass D (#21 scoring D) in spite of a top rusher and starting CB & DT out most of the year.
                In the 2023 reg season, we'll play 2 games vs a better 2022 passing O (2X KC), 2 vs a better 2022 pass D - NYJ & GB.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Well the poll is about what I expected a solid B. My vote would have been an A if not for the Duggan. Positive he would have been there for them in the UDFA pool. B is nothing to be sour on. Now we just have to be patient while the slowest part of the NFL year come into play. Zzzzzzzz.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There ya go. They couldn't afford him and fixing the defense as well.
                    Again, nothing to do with his age or getting rid of a player a year early. It came down to money.
                    Mahomes also has Kelce who is his #1 reciever. We don't have a TE close to that and Keenan is Herberts #1. And he turned 31 five days ago. Kelce is 33. Gonna be 34 in Oct.
                    Keenan has plenty of production left.

Still don't agree releasing Keenan was the right move.
                    Keenan is not Kelce, so that is not a good enough reason to keep him. Kelce is a future Hall of Famer, and many tight ends (Gates Witten, Gonzalez, etc.) go into their mid-to-late thirties. Keenan is a very good receiver who will never come close to making the Hall of Fame. He's been our #1 the last 10 years, but he's not the #1 that other teams have had since 2013.

Here are a bunch of #1 receivers since Keenan came into the league in 2013: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown (when he was in Pittsburgh), Mike Evans (made second team All-Pro with Jameis Winston as his quarterback), Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Jamaar Chase, Odell Beckham (when he was a Giant), Cooper Kupp, DeAndre Hopkins. You put Keenan, at his best, on any team with any of those receivers when they are/were in their primes and he is the clear #2. And at this point I don't even think Keenan should be our #1. It's well past the point for Mike Williams to be that guy.

I guess you're not going to truly understand the point I was making with Tyreek. His time in Kansas City was over, at 28 years old, when he still had three years left of his prime. Reid and Veach traded him instead of screwing up their future cap. We're taking an $11.6 million cap hit in 2024 for a 31-year-old wide receiver who's not as good as Tyreek Hill and isn't even as good as he used to be. Do you honestly think Reid and Veach would have kept Keenan Allen the way we are at this point in his career--even if they didn't have Kelce?

I remember last season on this forum several people were saying Patrick Mahomes was going to struggle without Tyreek Hill, and Herbert would win the MVP. I guarantee these same people would have been killing Reid and Veach for trading Tyreek Hill if he had been a Charger. Yet, it was the right decision.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Keenan is not Kelce, so that is not a good enough reason to keep him. Kelce is a future Hall of Famer, and many tight ends (Gates Witten, Gonzalez, etc.) go into their mid-to-late thirties. Keenan is a very good receiver who will never come close to making the Hall of Fame. He's been our #1 the last 10 years, but he's not the #1 that other teams have had since 2013.

Here are a bunch of #1 receivers since Keenan came into the league in 2013: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown (when he was in Pittsburgh), Mike Evans (made second team All-Pro with Jameis Winston as his quarterback), Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Jamaar Chase, Odell Beckham (when he was a Giant), Cooper Kupp, DeAndre Hopkins. You put Keenan, at his best, on any team with any of those receivers when they are/were in their primes and he is the clear #2. And at this point I don't even think Keenan should be our #1. It's well past the point for Mike Williams to be that guy.

I guess you're not going to truly understand the point I was making with Tyreek. His time in Kansas City was over, at 28 years old, when he still had three years left of his prime. Reid and Veach traded him instead of screwing up their future cap. We're taking an $11.6 million cap hit in 2024 for a 31-year-old wide receiver who's not as good as Tyreek Hill and isn't even as good as he used to be. Do you honestly think Reid and Veach would have kept Keenan Allen the way we are at this point in his career--even if they didn't have Kelce?

I remember last season on this forum several people were saying Patrick Mahomes was going to struggle without Tyreek Hill, and Herbert would win the MVP. I guarantee these same people would have been killing Reid and Veach for trading Tyreek Hill if he had been a Charger. Yet, it was the right decision.
                      I bet if we trade or let KA go he will have alltime great season with Chiefs.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

I bet if we trade or let KA go he will have alltime great season with Chiefs.
                        Maybe they could find a use for the best route runner in the NFL and his avg season 80 rec- 930 yds- 5 tds.
                        He's not a true #1 but sets the table and keeps the chains moving. We need to send him off with a ring.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I agree with most of this.

I was torched but this forum suggesting we look at trading KA to get some draft capital or anything why he still has some tread on tires. Hell I would love for the Chargers to make ANY trade for some draft capital at any time. I find it odd we never do such things as a franchise. But it is what it is.

Next draft you'll see another fairly high draft pick on a WR to rebuild our WR room. Same with Edge and TE.

Comment

Working...
                          X