• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Can't compare those decisions, we are in a different phase of championship building than KC, Mahomes has been in the league 3 years longer and already won a ring with Hill.
    think of us as a few years behind them and also having to comete with them, which is a far greater challenge they ever had as there was no dominant AFCW team during the early Mahomes years.
    The plan was to run it one more time with out core guys for 2024, and I still think that gives us our best chance without sacrificing too much for future cap/resources.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Keenan is not Kelce, so that is not a good enough reason to keep him. Kelce is a future Hall of Famer, and many tight ends (Gates Witten, Gonzalez, etc.) go into their mid-to-late thirties. Keenan is a very good receiver who will never come close to making the Hall of Fame. He's been our #1 the last 10 years, but he's not the #1 that other teams have had since 2013.

Here are a bunch of #1 receivers since Keenan came into the league in 2013: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown (when he was in Pittsburgh), Mike Evans (made second team All-Pro with Jameis Winston as his quarterback), Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Jamaar Chase, Odell Beckham (when he was a Giant), Cooper Kupp, DeAndre Hopkins. You put Keenan, at his best, on any team with any of those receivers when they are/were in their primes and he is the clear #2. And at this point I don't even think Keenan should be our #1. It's well past the point for Mike Williams to be that guy.

I guess you're not going to truly understand the point I was making with Tyreek. His time in Kansas City was over, at 28 years old, when he still had three years left of his prime. Reid and Veach traded him instead of screwing up their future cap. We're taking an $11.6 million cap hit in 2024 for a 31-year-old wide receiver who's not as good as Tyreek Hill and isn't even as good as he used to be. Do you honestly think Reid and Veach would have kept Keenan Allen the way we are at this point in his career--even if they didn't have Kelce?

I remember last season on this forum several people were saying Patrick Mahomes was going to struggle without Tyreek Hill, and Herbert would win the MVP. I guarantee these same people would have been killing Reid and Veach for trading Tyreek Hill if he had been a Charger. Yet, it was the right decision.
      I'd take Keenan over both Dez and AJ Green. He also has more receptions than both in as many years , less years than Green. Sorry I disagree. You think we should of let him go, I say no.....and they say no. I think if we releasd Keenan, he would easily have 15 teams after him.

Winston threw for over 5k yards that season dispite his 30 INTs.

There also were many WRs who played well til their mid 30's and Keenan hasn't showed any slowing down. He just turned 31 a week ago. He isn't a RB,....31 is much older for a RB than for a WR. And some here, the same guys wanting to release Keenan wanted us to get DeAndre Hopkins who is the same age coming off an injury. I find that pretty odd.

Tyreek was a money issue, that's all. Tyreek also said he is retiring after this contract. Maybe they knew that? Idk ...but they didn't want to pay him. Not the same thing as releasing a player a year early.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Is one week long enough for the dust to settle?

If yes, then instead of my initial C the picks have grown on me enough to elevate them to B.
        Luckily this was better than average depth of talent pool, with no extra draft capital, possibility all 7 could make this roster? Not sure how they juggle Max but Chargers have carried three QB’s and likely after this season Easton won’t Stick around.

Added that big offensive weapon we’ve wanted, although Dalton Kincade would have equally been good. Also loved Zay Flowers.

Addressing Edge had to be next logical choice and they identified Tuli, who is a tweener between OLB/DE. Physical, excellent run defender (needed that) who was highly productive sack artist.

Remember scouting Henley early, and honestly got lost in the shuffle. Thought he would be off the board and over drafted. Super hot motor, plays like his pants are on fire, not someone you wanna piss off, looked like part of the steel curtain.

Speedy receiver with return abilities sign me up. Carter was a terrific teammate and hard worker, gave 100% would take a direct blow for you, even if not the smartest move but very limited upside that was in decline. Derius is both fresh and electric horned frog.

McFadden, is a terrific depth chess piece they can move around. Have no idea if he could be groomed for Center? Regardless think success with Salyer really helped pave the way for the Chargers to keep restocking offensive line later in the draft to develop premium value and much better protection for Herbert.

Had to do some homework on DT Scott Mattlock. Lean for tackle but thick and strong core. Disruptive. Another much needed depth piece to develop and help stop the run. What I like most was his motor and competitive nature. When I see a tackle wearing 99 and catching TD’s like a TE can’t help but reminding me of a young JJ Watt. Take a poor man’s version anyway.

Already discussed Max Duggan he’s got a shot to make it on this roster.
        Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 05-07-2023, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I thought KC had screwed up by trading Tyreek but in hindsight, I see the sensible side of it. They got rid of a salary that was putting them in a bind and used the draft picks to gain new players. The gamble is, you have to pick the right players --------- and everyone knows drafting the right players is a crap shoot.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Best clip I could find on Scott -

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              Best clip I could find on Scott -
              I am so interested to see how this kid does in camp. Looks like a high motor guy.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you want to limit it to regular season record for a player who has never made it through a season healthy and has never been in the playoffs I suppose you could claim that. My point is that if we win a SB despite passing on Kinkaid, that is all that matters. Similarly, if we drafted Kinkaid and did not win a SB, that would be all that mattered as well - not who we did or didn't draft.
                So because the Chargers never won a SB…..Fouts, Rivers, LT, Gates, don’t matter?

Coryell and Shottenheimer are revered as gods here. They never won SB’s.

You need help pulling your measuring stick out of your a$$?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I am so interested to see how this kid does in camp. Looks like a high motor guy.
                  They all look like Tarzan before the season starts.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Who's they?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Who's they?
                      Besides the 7th round QB….all of our picks and UDFA’s have received copious amounts of slobber.

Like first dates, red flags are ignored.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

2” longer arms Scott could more easily swing on vines like Tarzan and been a 2nd day pick. McFadden is a bowling ball, with commensurate 2” longer arms, but no vine strong enough to hold him. Zion is far more Tarzan than McFadden. Bosa is far more Tarzan than Matlock. Ready for some overachiever late round hits, who we can rely on to make impact plays.

Prospects who have desirable football traits that go this late day three, generally slip for a reason. Both check out medically. Fill position of need and are cheap developmental players. If you use a Tarzan reference, use it on someone overdrafted, who flashes on field but isn’t consistent, always hurt looks like a monster, but neutralized by lesser regarded players.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Besides the 7th round QB….all of our picks and UDFA’s have received copious amounts of slobber.

Like first dates, red flags are ignored.
                          Dude you seriously make no sense and your comments have very little substance. Just your silly little opinions.

What are we suppose to do? Be like you and HATE every pick and complain and whine about all the draft picks. Debbie downer.

I'm starting to think you may be just a troll.
                          Last edited by SuperCharged; 05-08-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X