Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I doubt he's running in the 4.3's any more. I think DD has far more upside than Guyton. We'll see. Should be an interesting camp
    Guyton is 25, I doubt his physical skills are declining. I don't look at Guyton and DD as competition with each other, I see them as complimentary pieces to each other, the two guys on the Chargers' WR corps who can outrun DBs and split the safeties.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

The reason why Guyton is in real danger is because of DD's speciaal team talents.
      I dont think Guyton is in any danger. He will be WR #5 and Davis will be WR #6, KR#1.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Guyton #5 and Davis #6.
        The bases are loaded !

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think Guyton is in any danger. He will be WR #5 and Davis will be WR #6, KR#1.
          We agree on something! I look at the WR as six deep with Guyton the 5 or 6 guy, depending on how many snaps they give Davis at WR. I don't see Guyton and Davis as competition with each other. They want to stack 6 WR on the roster for Moore's offense and they re-signed Guyton just prior to the draft knowing they were going to draft two WR. Guyton and Herbert are very familiar with each other.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

...and...Secret weapon? LOL!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

...and...Secret weapon? LOL!
              I certainly hope so.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

I doubt he's running in the 4.3's any more. I think DD has far more upside than Guyton. We'll see. Should be an interesting camp
                DD has the upside over Guyton, except in fleet footed speed. However, Herbert and Guyton haven’t connected as much as they did when both came into the league a few years ago.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

We agree on something! I look at the WR as six deep with Guyton the 5 or 6 guy, depending on how many snaps they give Davis at WR. I don't see Guyton and Davis as competition with each other. They want to stack 6 WR on the roster for Moore's offense and they re-signed Guyton just prior to the draft knowing they were going to draft two WR. Guyton and Herbert are very familiar with each other.
                  They signed Guyton to a no-guarantee no-risk team deal, not sure they knew who they were drafting. they may limit DD opps at WR, at least year1, to have him focus on returns. That would benefit Guyton.

but if DD sparkles in TC/PS games … things could change. Right now i give Guyton 4/1 odds to be on the roster but he’s not a lock.

The Ballad of Pokey Wilson has not yet played on the jukebox yet either.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Not sure where that confidence comes from, Guyton struggles to get off the LOS, struggles to get separation in his routes, not much there beyond straight line speed. Pokey has moves, let’s see how that translates.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Not sure where that confidence comes from, Guyton struggles to get off the LOS, struggles to get separation in his routes, not much there beyond straight line speed. Pokey has moves, let’s see how that translates.
                      Keenan has moves. QJ has moves. Palmer has moves. Mike Will has moves. What the team lacked last season is speed, and that is what Guyton brings, along with DD, that is what they need from that position on the WR depth chart. Nobody is a lock to make the roster. But Guyton is a part of their plan for the 2023 season. They didn't bring in anyone to compete with him. Pokey is a developmental project. The only way he sees playing time this season is if there are injuries.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Keenan has moves. QJ has moves. Palmer has moves. Mike Will has moves. What the team lacked last season is speed, and that is what Guyton brings, along with DD, that is what they need from that position on the WR depth chart. Nobody is a lock to make the roster. But Guyton is a part of their plan for the 2023 season. They didn't bring in anyone to compete with him. Pokey is a developmental project. The only way he sees playing time this season is if there are injuries.
                        QJ has speed, fyi.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

QJ has speed, fyi.
                          Let's hope he's faster than the 4.51 40 he ran at his Pro Day. He does look faster than that in some of his college highlight vids. He doesn't have trouble running away from DBs. He may the best YAC WR on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                          X