• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    Let's face it there is a good chance Austin Ekeler could have played against the Titans. There's a report that RB's were told by the players union to fake injuries this year and I'm pretty sure AE got the memo. Chargers probably should have heres reports cut their losses when he requested a trade. Make more money, be the best fantasy draft player you can be is more important than a winning season? I guess.
    You have actual proof the players Union told RB’s to fake injuries?

Smells like bullshit to me.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Again with 'rights': I'll assume you mean with what justification or by which ethical basis.

Okay,
      because their average salary is lower than any other position group save kickers, and their careers are the briefest.
      One can estimate that the average career earning of a running back is lower than a starting punter .... with a much greater degree of physical injury which continues to plague them after they retire.

It's not a matter of wanting 'more' than other position groups, it's a matter of wanting to make their salaries closer to par.​
      RB's are clearly getting screwed by the NFL. If Ekeler wasn't against their current predicament I'd wonder why the hell not and if he had CTE from all the hits he's taken.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

You have actual proof the players Union told RB’s to fake injuries?

Smells like bullshit to me.
        There's actually an investigation going on in the NBA about this. It wouldn't surprise me if it's part of the NFL too. Pro sports are all about getting the $$$.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

RB's are clearly getting screwed by the NFL. If Ekeler wasn't against their current predicament I'd wonder why the hell not and if he had CTE from all the hits he's taken.
          I disagree. The RB Market is getting hit hard because of longevity, and being prone to more injuries.

You are what the Market says you are. If you believe you're more valuable than where you are slotted then you have get out there and prove it. If you don't think every NFL team has complete breakdowns of the value of every position and every player then you are not looking at the whole enchilada.

Every NFL team probably has 6-12 people that do nothing but forecast and crunch numbers... Capologists.

If RB's don't like the average salary of RB's. Strike. Don't show up for work and see how that goes.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I disagree. The RB Market is getting hit hard because of longevity, and being prone to more injuries.

You are what the Market says you are. If you believe you're more valuable than where you are slotted then you have get out there and prove it. If you don't think every NFL team has complete breakdowns of the value of every position and every player then you are not looking at the whole enchilada.

Every NFL team probably has 6-12 people that do nothing but forecast and crunch numbers... Capologists.

If RB's don't like the average salary of RB's. Strike. Don't show up for work and see how that goes.
            RB seems to be a position that somebody can step into and be an adequate replacement compared to other positions. The data proves it. Watch an NFL draft and hear Kiper or Jeremiah talk about how a 4th round back can be productive in the NFL

Granted, the CBA for not first round RBs doesn't help them - but blame the NFLPA

I

Comment

• Wrbanwal
              FUdean
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Ekeler signed a 4 year, $24,500,000 contract including a $6,000,000 signing bonus, $15,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,125,000.​

fake it or don’t. Who the fuck cares. He got his money.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

RB seems to be a position that somebody can step into and be an adequate replacement compared to other positions. The data proves it. Watch an NFL draft and hear Kiper or Jeremiah talk about how a 4th round back can be productive in the NFL

Granted, the CBA for not first round RBs doesn't help them - but blame the NFLPA

I
                What happened to Spiller then?

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

There is no free market in the NFL. And Ekeler tried to pursue other teams in trade but the Chargers were demanding very high picks in exchange for him. So the team acknowledges Ekelers value. They just don't want to pay for it. I don't understand why people would be against a working man getting what's deserved. Seems incongruent to me.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

There is no free market in the NFL. And Ekeler tried to pursue other teams in trade but the Chargers were demanding very high picks in exchange for him. So the team acknowledges Ekelers value. They just don't want to pay for it. I don't understand why people would be against a working man getting what's deserved. Seems incongruent to me.
                    LMAO!!!!

Comment

• AFboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Balboa Park bench
                      • Medical Simulation
                      • Send PM

Its like everyone in this thread is personally offended by the man... Other player positions do it and not a peep, looking at you Antonio Gates... Ekeler is (arguably) the best if not 2nd best player on the team. Kelley, Spiller, and Dotson laughably don't even come close.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                        Its like everyone in this thread is personally offended by the man... Other player positions do it and not a peep, looking at you Antonio Gates... Ekeler is (arguably) the best if not 2nd best player on the team. Kelley, Spiller, and Dotson laughably don't even come close.
                        I dont have a problem with Ekeler. Not one thing he has said or done bothers me.
                        And he got some incentives in his contract to make more money that he said were attainable. Why on earth would he fake an injury and not let himself attain those incentives?

Posters here believe too much of what is on social media.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-23-2023, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont have a problem with Ekeler. Not one thing he has said or done bothers me.
                          And he got some incentives in his contract to make ,ore money that he said were attainable. Why on earth would he take an injury and not let himself attain those incentives?

Posters here believe too much of what is on social media.
                          No kidding.
                          Even supposedly legit pundits get caught up in nonsense.

"He has a high ankle sprain."
                          "It's just a minor ankle sprain."
                          "He's day to day."
                          "He'll play next week."

The player in question is Saquon Barkley.

It's not just Ekeler.
                          The BS is spread far and wide.

My head hurts.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X