• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whydachargers?
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
    Its like everyone in this thread is personally offended by the man... Other player positions do it and not a peep, looking at you Antonio Gates... Ekeler is (arguably) the best if not 2nd best player on the team. Kelley, Spiller, and Dotson laughably don't even come close.
    Not everyone.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

You have actual proof the players Union told RB’s to fake injuries?

Smells like bullshit to me.
      I'm not saying Ekeler is faking an injury, a lot of people think he is not going to play through any injury this year because he feels like he is under paid and playing for a big money contract. Only Ekeler actually knows so its all speculation. I will say this if your RB misses 2 of the first 3 games of the season with a sprained ankle its hard to say it would of been a good idea to pay him 10 million this season to make him happy. By the way here's a link to your bullshit...

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I disagree. The RB Market is getting hit hard because of longevity, and being prone to more injuries.

You are what the Market says you are. If you believe you're more valuable than where you are slotted then you have get out there and prove it. If you don't think every NFL team has complete breakdowns of the value of every position and every player then you are not looking at the whole enchilada.

Every NFL team probably has 6-12 people that do nothing but forecast and crunch numbers... Capologists.

If RB's don't like the average salary of RB's. Strike. Don't show up for work and see how that goes.
        I agree with you. Years ago when the Chargers used precious 1st round picks on Ryan Matthews and then again on Melvin Gordon I posted my grievances with both picks on the SDUT forum.

In both circumstances my argument was a better OL can open lanes for ALL your RB’s versus a shitty OL that can’t.

Chargers had shitty OL’s and the draft picks were busts.

Little Johnny finally figured out trenches matter….at least on OL. He’s got more work to do on DL.

RB’s aren’t being screwed. Their proper relative worth is just a fact in the modern NFL.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Speaking of relative worth…… maybe with Staley…..little Johnny will finally understand the importance of a competent HC versus all these cheap suits he hires.

Comment

• denvermike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

I have Eckler on my fantasy team and wondered what it looks like for him to come back. I would appreciate any input and good luck Sunday.
            Thanks
            Mike

Comment

• denvermike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Sorry, just realized I spelled Ekeler's name wrong in my post. That's gotta be a turnoff to give me any info.

mike

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I agree with you. Years ago when the Chargers used precious 1st round picks on Ryan Matthews and then again on Melvin Gordon I posted my grievances with both picks on the SDUT forum.

In both circumstances my argument was a better OL can open lanes for ALL your RB’s versus a shitty OL that can’t.

Chargers had shitty OL’s and the draft picks were busts.

Little Johnny finally figured out trenches matter….at least on OL. He’s got more work to do on DL.

RB’s aren’t being screwed. Their proper relative worth is just a fact in the modern NFL.
                Yep...a good O-line can make an average RB look good...a good RB look great...and a great RB look elite...Kelley was average until the Bolts finally assembled a good O-line...now he looks at least good...
                (Most of the time...)

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Do we even know if this injury is real? Maybe it his way of holding in? Not saying he is lying, just asking questions.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I'm not saying Ekeler is faking an injury, a lot of people think he is not going to play through any injury this year because he feels like he is under paid and playing for a big money contract. Only Ekeler actually knows so its all speculation. I will say this if your RB misses 2 of the first 3 games of the season with a sprained ankle its hard to say it would of been a good idea to pay him 10 million this season to make him happy. By the way here's a link to your bullshit...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...s-for-leverage
                      So NOT playing is going to help him get that contract? Not only will he look injury prone at 28, but then his stats go down.

He isn't going to get a big money contract but playing and playing well will help him get the max he can get.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                        Do we even know if this injury is real? Maybe it his way of holding in? Not saying he is lying, just asking questions.
                        I doubt Ekeler is faking it. First, it's not in his nature, second, he has to meet performance incentives to get paid the extra $ he negotiated. Every game he sits puts those incentives out of reach.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I doubt Ekeler is faking it. First, it's not in his nature, second, he has to meet performance incentives to get paid the extra $ he negotiated. Every game he sits puts those incentives out of reach.
                          I don’t believe he’s faking anything. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s thinking that he wants to be near 100% before risking life and limb for this game that in his mind grossly undervalued his role. The incentives aren’t that much in after tax dollars. Ekeler has been the face of RB discontent. He made the media rounds, organized the RB zoom, etc. that shit doesn’t disappear

Comment

Working...
                          X