• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bosa will wreck havoc for us.

Exactly the kind of player we needed at exactly the right spot.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      For Chargers, Bosa is a system fit

By Tom Krasovic | 4 p.m. Jan. 11, 2016

Bosa's narrow hips may argue against much weight gain, so it's no cinch that he'd add 15-25 pounds as he grows into his body under NFL strength coaches.
      We used to have a guy with narrow shoulders, too.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Annie Heilbrunn ‏@annieheilbrunn 55 seconds ago

Telesco on Joey Bosa: "He's been the number one guy for awhile, probably since September. It wasn't that hard of a decision for us."

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

We're basically going to be in a 4-3 under look...except we'll have a "joker" or whatever you want to call it, over Luiget.
          3-4/4-3 potato/potato.
          We're in sub package 70% of the time anyway.
          I'm excited to see improvement in run defense with Bosa, Mebane, and Perryman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@sdutGehlken 49 seconds ago

Tom Telesco on sound of trade talks today for Chargers and their No. 3 overall pick: "Crickets."

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
              I can't stand Sileo. I don't think he has a clue about a lot of things that he pretends to know.
              Candidate for post if the year.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                We used to have a guy with narrow shoulders, too.
                Oh shit.

Comment

• Kyle
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Stoked with this pick. I wanted Bosa to be the pick all offseason. Just keep drafting for the lines now, except for Kearse at Safety.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

By Tom Krasovic | 7:55 p.m. April 28, 2016

Everything a person could want to know about Joey Bosa…

High school connection: He and a young Chargers coach, Chris Shula, went to the same high school in Florida. Shula’s grandfather is Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Don Shula.

Family connection: Bosa’s father, John, went in the first round of the 1987 draft. And busted.

Scheme fit: He played mostly at left defensive end in Ohio State's “4-3” front. Tom Telesco, echoing the Blog's recent comments on Bosa, said he's not concerned that Bosa is light for a defensive end in San Diego's "3-4" front because Bosa is stout against the run.

Scheme fit II: The Chargers use 4-3 fronts as well. New Bolts linebackers coach Bob Babich coordinated a 4-3 scheme with two other NFL teams. New Chargers nose tackle Brandon Mebane worked out of 4-3 fronts with the Seattle Seahawks.

Champion: Bosa won state championships with his high school team, St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale. Ohio State, in his sophomore season, won its first national title in 12 years.

His first goal with the Chargers “is to win a lot of games.”

Younger brother: The Chargers rookie told NFL reporters Thursday they’ll be chatting with his younger brother, Nick, after the 2019 draft. Also a defensive lineman, Nick Bosa is expected to play for Ohio State as a true freshman this year.

Chargers lineup: Bosa looks to replace Kendall Reyes, now with Washington. Right end Corey Liuget and Mebane are the line’s other starters. Also on the roster are end/nickel tackle Darius Philon, NT-DE Sean Lissemore and DE Tenny Palepoi.

Who he isn’t: J.J. Watt. It’s unfair to compare a prospect to Watt, the Houston Texans’ All-Pro. It happens with Bosa because he and Watt are 6-foot-5 ends from Big Ten schools.

In comparison, Watt outweighed him by 20 pounds, jumped three inches higher, had nine more reps on the 225-pound bench-press and matched Bosa’s excellent 4.21 in the 20-yard shuttle. Watt has thrived in Houston's 3-4 defense.

Chargers comparison: Leslie O’Neal, an end-OLB for the franchise’s lone Super Bowl team, was masterful with his hands and weighed about 270 pounds.

Glitch in his game: Bosa is energetic, sometimes to his regret. In the upset loss to Michigan State last year, he jumped offside three times.

Spartans center Jack Allen baited and hooked him each time.

"He would point the ball up, and then put it down right before he snaps. I'm trained every single day of my life to move when the ball moves. I see the tiniest little bit of movement and I'm getting off the ball."

Checkered legacy: Bosa is the eighth Ohio State defensive lineman taken in the first round. The other seven combined for one Pro Bowl honor, that of the late Will Smith. The top-10 picks in the group, Dan Wilkerson and Vernon Gholston, were busts. Smith, the best rusher on Ohio State's 2002 national championship team, helped the New Orleans Saints win a Super Bowl after going 18th in the 2004 draft.

Passion play: From Telesco and Mike McCoy, the same word kept surfacing Tuesday night. Passion. They used it four or five times in regards to Bosa. "It’s all ball," McCoy said. "He loves the game. The passion for the game is amazing."

Board game: Telesco said Bosa was first on San Diego's draft board, not only recently but since September. Back then, Bosa was coming off a dominant sophomore season.

Sunny side up: Serving up best-case scenarios for potential Chargers draftees last month, here was my take on Bosa:

Chargers vets, after getting a look at Bosa in spring training, marvel that he's still only 20 years old. As he did as an Ohio State freshman, he makes big plays as a rookie. No one equates him to J.J. Watt, but with Bosa upgrading Kendall Reyes' old spot, and Corey Liuget and Brandon Mebane showing out, and sophomore Darius Philon making splash plays in a deepening rotation, the defensive line goes from weakness to strength.

Bolts fans adopt Bosa's signature shrug. After getting a taste of Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and Windansea, Bosa declares himself a San Diego dude for life.

Comment

• Buck
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Hey, Bosa was the consensus #1 player when football was actually being played and then the combine happened and we all got enamored over Tunsil, Buckner, and Ramsey.

Don't forget that. I'm hyped.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        By Tom Krasovic | 7:55 p.m. April 28, 2016

Everything a person could want to know about Joey Bosa…

High school connection: He and a young Chargers coach, Chris Shula, went to the same high school in Florida. Shula’s grandfather is Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Don Shula.

Family connection: Bosa’s father, John, went in the first round of the 1987 draft. And busted.

Scheme fit: He played mostly at left defensive end in Ohio State's “4-3” front. Tom Telesco, echoing the Blog's recent comments on Bosa, said he's not concerned that Bosa is light for a defensive end in San Diego's "3-4" front because Bosa is stout against the run.

Scheme fit II: The Chargers use 4-3 fronts as well. New Bolts linebackers coach Bob Babich coordinated a 4-3 scheme with two other NFL teams. New Chargers nose tackle Brandon Mebane worked out of 4-3 fronts with the Seattle Seahawks.

Champion: Bosa won state championships with his high school team, St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale. Ohio State, in his sophomore season, won its first national title in 12 years.

His first goal with the Chargers “is to win a lot of games.”

Younger brother: The Chargers rookie told NFL reporters Thursday they’ll be chatting with his younger brother, Nick, after the 2019 draft. Also a defensive lineman, Nick Bosa is expected to play for Ohio State as a true freshman this year.

Chargers lineup: Bosa looks to replace Kendall Reyes, now with Washington. Right end Corey Liuget and Mebane are the line’s other starters. Also on the roster are end/nickel tackle Darius Philon, NT-DE Sean Lissemore and DE Tenny Palepoi.

Who he isn’t: J.J. Watt. It’s unfair to compare a prospect to Watt, the Houston Texans’ All-Pro. It happens with Bosa because he and Watt are 6-foot-5 ends from Big Ten schools.

In comparison, Watt outweighed him by 20 pounds, jumped three inches higher, had nine more reps on the 225-pound bench-press and matched Bosa’s excellent 4.21 in the 20-yard shuttle. Watt has thrived in Houston's 3-4 defense.

Chargers comparison: Leslie O’Neal, an end-OLB for the franchise’s lone Super Bowl team, was masterful with his hands and weighed about 270 pounds.

Glitch in his game: Bosa is energetic, sometimes to his regret. In the upset loss to Michigan State last year, he jumped offside three times.

Spartans center Jack Allen baited and hooked him each time.

"He would point the ball up, and then put it down right before he snaps. I'm trained every single day of my life to move when the ball moves. I see the tiniest little bit of movement and I'm getting off the ball."

Checkered legacy: Bosa is the eighth Ohio State defensive lineman taken in the first round. The other seven combined for one Pro Bowl honor, that of the late Will Smith. The top-10 picks in the group, Dan Wilkerson and Vernon Gholston, were busts. Smith, the best rusher on Ohio State's 2002 national championship team, helped the New Orleans Saints win a Super Bowl after going 18th in the 2004 draft.

Passion play: From Telesco and Mike McCoy, the same word kept surfacing Tuesday night. Passion. They used it four or five times in regards to Bosa. "It’s all ball," McCoy said. "He loves the game. The passion for the game is amazing."

Board game: Telesco said Bosa was first on San Diego's draft board, not only recently but since September. Back then, Bosa was coming off a dominant sophomore season.

Sunny side up: Serving up best-case scenarios for potential Chargers draftees last month, here was my take on Bosa:

Chargers vets, after getting a look at Bosa in spring training, marvel that he's still only 20 years old. As he did as an Ohio State freshman, he makes big plays as a rookie. No one equates him to J.J. Watt, but with Bosa upgrading Kendall Reyes' old spot, and Corey Liuget and Brandon Mebane showing out, and sophomore Darius Philon making splash plays in a deepening rotation, the defensive line goes from weakness to strength.

Bolts fans adopt Bosa's signature shrug. After getting a taste of Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and Windansea, Bosa declares himself a San Diego dude for life.
                        You had me at Leslie.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          You had me at Leslie.
                          I liked that too.

Comment

Working...