• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Kool-Aide doesn't stay away from anybody. He just puts you in his side pocket and keeps you for safe keeping.
    He'll be wide right every play (@Alabama anyways)... he's easy to find.

Malachi Moore was actually better last year. Not the direction scouts want to see you heading come draft day.
    Nabers... Nabors... Neighbors... nobody will care once he's on another team. Nobody will care once we're running the ball down the throat of the Chiefs... and hitting Patty upside his inflated head every down.
    I hear this often, that we will be running on the Chiefs. But you know what I know, that Andy Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Rice, Brown and the WR they will draft at 32 will put up points. The Chargers will in fact be down a TD or 2 to the Chiefs in certain games, and you better have a passing attack with some explosion to get back in those games and keep up with the Chiefs. Way too many years of evidence to think otherwise.

When the Titans were good, they had a ground attack led by prime Henry. They were physical and dominant, when they got ahead and the game script was going their way. But when they got behind in big games lack of premium passing game let them down and you would rarely see them come back. i don't want to be that team and it would be a tragic waste of Justin Herbert.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Princess Friendship Day GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Kool-Aide doesn't stay away from anybody. He just puts you in his side pocket and keeps you for safe keeping.
        He'll be wide right every play (@Alabama anyways)... he's easy to find.

Malachi Moore was actually better last year. Not the direction scouts want to see you heading come draft day.
        Nabers... Nabors... Neighbors... nobody will care once he's on another team. Nobody will care once we're running the ball down the throat of the Chiefs... and hitting Patty upside his inflated head every down.
        Get used to airing it out to Nabers when we need to move the ball. We'll run to kill the clock or set up the pass to Nabers.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Get used to airing it out to Nabers when we need to move the ball. We'll run to kill the clock or set up the pass to Nabers.
          Yep...

"Run the rock to kill the clock"

and if we get behind...

"Like a good Nabers, Malik is there..."

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Only his last year there they were down..and they werent that great from there on. Maybe it was him into his 30's?

And i dont care where Bowers chose. Maybe he dont like snow? I know i dont like snow. It dont snow in LA. He wont have a choice where he gets drafted. Even if i played ina dome like Minnesota i t wouldnt want to go there. Your everday life is in the snow....just going to the store, getting gas, driving on ice roads.....fuck that! I went to Iowa one winter to work at a Google they were building and right around a month i asked them to lay me off lol.

And come on Nutty....lets get it right if you are going to spit out stats. Loveland had 45 receptions last season. I know you want a RT but argue with facts, not dumb them down and hope nobody notices And thats just him from just last season.. I havent looked at any other of his TEs at Michigan.

EDIT...Jake Butt had 51 receptions in 2015 @ Michigan as a JR and in 2016 has 46. I think its just safe t say they havent had great TEs at Michigan while JH was the coach. Schoonmaker isnt doing much in the NFL, and Butt did next to nothing and out of the league. JH never had a TE like Bowers.
            Bowers said he wanted to go to a small town... he never mentioned snow.
            Ann Arbor has a population of 120,000.
            Athens has a population of 130,000.
            Los Angeles has a population of... well, more than 130,000.

I was very careful to mention regular season receptions... Loveland had 38.
            I nearly forgot about the eliteness of Jake Butt. That only shows Harbaugh can get production out of an old tomato can.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I hear this often, that we will be running on the Chiefs. But you know what I know, that Andy Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Rice, Brown and the WR they will draft at 32 will put up points. The Chargers will in fact be down a TD or 2 to the Chiefs in certain games, and you better have a passing attack with some explosion to get back in those games and keep up with the Chiefs. Way too many years of evidence to think otherwise.

When the Titans were good, they had a ground attack led by prime Henry. They were physical and dominant, when they got ahead and the game script was going their way. But when they got behind in big games lack of premium passing game let them down and you would rarely see them come back. i don't want to be that team and it would be a tragic waste of Justin Herbert.
              Solid takes.

Counterpoints...
              --The 2021-2022 NFL Playoffs saw King Henry's Titans as #1 seed in the AFC.
              --The 2024 AFC Championship game was decided by a brilliant defensive play.
              It was low scoring. Sneed knocked away the football as the Ravens were ready to score.
              --NFL games are very often decided by razor thin margins.

Whatever we do, it must work,
              for the biggest tragedy of all would be
              Herbert never winning Super Bowls.

This is a debate worth having,
              right now, up to,
              and
              long after the draft.

Even the idea of trading down must be considered carefully.
              This draft is top heavy.
              The ultra elite tier ends around pick #10.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I have watched the likes of
                John Hadl, Dan Fouts, and Philip Rivers
                put up marvelous stats.

The only QB who got us near a Lombardi
                was Stan Humphries.

My prediction is that Justin Herbert will reinvent himself,
                and emerge using some of his vast untapped talent.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Sooooooo much truth. 👍

In today’s NFL you gotta have that explosive downfield playmaker. We have nobody on the roster right now who is that. Really really really hard to pass on the chance to draft such a beast @ 5 this draft.

Welcome to the Naberhood! 😎

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

The only thing I know is that they just traded their starting CB and have nobody to protect Patty @LT.
                    I also know they have been drafting good defensive players... and getting very little from their WR's (drafted and FA's).

I also know that if you can harass Patty and get some turnovers, you don't need an elite offense to beat them (see Raiders/Broncos last year).
                    I have zero confidence that Harbaugh/Roman will scrap years of experience to try and become Andy Reid. If you are down two scores on the Chiefs that was probably your defense's fault. I also have zero confidence that our #30 passing defense will magically hurtle into the top-10 without getting a LB, DT, and CB... and they better be good ones. The last thing I want to see is the Chargers forced into pass mode with Plumpkins "protecting" the $200 million franchise QB...

I'm gonna have to pass on the Malik Nabers Plan boys...
                    And I don't mean pass through the air.
                    Last edited by Boltnut; 03-28-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

NEWS AND NEAR NEWS

March 28, 2024 - 3:51 pm

Duke OL Barton runs well at pro day … Duke C Graham Barton was already one of the hottest prospects in the 2024 draft with some legit first-round aspirations and he punctuated that with an outstanding 40 clocking at the Blue Devils’ pro day earlier today. Barton, who did not run at the combine where he weighed 313 pounds, was credited with an unofficial 4.84 40 clocking earlier today which even if it ultimately gets revised upwards is still a very good time for an offensive lineman. Of course, what makes Barton especially intriguing to pro teams is his versatility as he played LT in college, but figures to kick inside to either C or OG at the next level. Barton is currently 1-2 with Oregon’s Jackson Powers-Johnson on the GBN positional ranking for centers and #32 overall on the Big Board.

March 28, 2024 - 9:22 am

QBs Maye, Penix hilite second to last full day on pro day sked … Today is the second to last full day on this year’s pro day schedule, but it is a key one nonetheless with two of this year’s top 6 QBs – Drake Maye of North Carolina and Washington’s Michael Penix – slated to go through their passing sessions at their respective school’s pro days later today. Maye, of course, is very much in the mix to be one of the second or third player chosen on April 25th and it is expected that most of the huge crowd that was at LSU yesterday to check out Jayden Daniels will be at the UNC later today. Indeed, both Washington and New England, which have the 2nd and 3rd picks pick overall respectively will both reportedly meet privately with Maye before his workout today. Unfortunately, it does not appear that there will be much national coverage of either workout. The UNC will be carried live on the ACC Network beginning at 3 PM ET, while the NFL Network will have a wrap-up hour similar to that for both Daniels and USC’s Caleb Williams; however, for some reason, at least according to the NFL Net’s published schedule, it won’t be aired until Saturday morning at 8 PM ET.

Meanwhile, other pro days of major significance later today include those at Rutgers (CB Max Melton), Duke (OL Graham Barton and DT Dewayne Carter), Marshall (RB Rasheen Ali and OT Ethan Driskell) and Howard (OT Anim Dankwah).

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        NEWS AND NEAR NEWS

March 28, 2024 - 3:51 pm

Duke OL Barton runs well at pro day … Duke C Graham Barton was already one of the hottest prospects in the 2024 draft with some legit first-round aspirations and he punctuated that with an outstanding 40 clocking at the Blue Devils’ pro day earlier today. Barton, who did not run at the combine where he weighed 313 pounds, was credited with an unofficial 4.84 40 clocking earlier today which even if it ultimately gets revised upwards is still a very good time for an offensive lineman. Of course, what makes Barton especially intriguing to pro teams is his versatility as he played LT in college, but figures to kick inside to either C or OG at the next level. Barton is currently 1-2 with Oregon’s Jackson Powers-Johnson on the GBN positional ranking for centers and #32 overall on the Big Board.

March 28, 2024 - 9:22 am

QBs Maye, Penix hilite second to last full day on pro day sked … Today is the second to last full day on this year’s pro day schedule, but it is a key one nonetheless with two of this year’s top 6 QBs – Drake Maye of North Carolina and Washington’s Michael Penix – slated to go through their passing sessions at their respective school’s pro days later today. Maye, of course, is very much in the mix to be one of the second or third player chosen on April 25th and it is expected that most of the huge crowd that was at LSU yesterday to check out Jayden Daniels will be at the UNC later today. Indeed, both Washington and New England, which have the 2nd and 3rd picks pick overall respectively will both reportedly meet privately with Maye before his workout today. Unfortunately, it does not appear that there will be much national coverage of either workout. The UNC will be carried live on the ACC Network beginning at 3 PM ET, while the NFL Network will have a wrap-up hour similar to that for both Daniels and USC’s Caleb Williams; however, for some reason, at least according to the NFL Net’s published schedule, it won’t be aired until Saturday morning at 8 PM ET.

Meanwhile, other pro days of major significance later today include those at Rutgers (CB Max Melton), Duke (OL Graham Barton and DT Dewayne Carter), Marshall (RB Rasheen Ali and OT Ethan Driskell) and Howard (OT Anim Dankwah).
                        Some of Maye's throws today. There will probably more later.

North Carolina pro day takeaways: What we learned as Drake Maye works out in front of NFL teams (msn.com)
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Barton Maybe if we trade down with Minnesota with the 2nd 1st round pick! He could play OG or C!

Comment

Working...
                          X